Pv2 Vendor sell a Permanent or temp hold power

MsSmart

Hi:

Could it be possible for the Pv2 vendor to sell a hold power, either or both permanent or temporary. The reason, I am asking for this, was we were on an LGTF and our controller got disconnected and did not combat back, and the rest of us did not have a single hold among us. Thus it would be great, if we could go to the PV2 Vendor, obviously at Pocket D, since we are in a TF, and purchase the hold in order to be able to complete the LGTF mission.

Hugs

Sue

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MsSmart said:

Hi:

Could it be possible for the Pv2 vendor to sell a hold power, either or both permanent or temporary. The reason, I am asking for this, was we were on an LGTF and our controller got disconnected and did not combat back, and the rest of us did not have a single hold among us. Thus it would be great, if we could go to the PV2 Vendor, obviously at Pocket D, since we are in a TF, and purchase the hold in order to be able to complete the LGTF mission.

Hugs

Sue

Taser Dart has you covered. You can purchase from the P2W Vendors. Origin powers. 

Temporary TargetedHold.png Taser Dart

Characters with a Technology origin start out with a Taser Dart.

Being of technological origin, you have access to many little devices, one of which is a Taser Dart of your own design. This attack has a very short range and does minor Energy damage to your target. In addition it has a chance to Hold your opponent for a brief moment. Damage: Minor, Recharge: Fast

Damage Minor (Energy)
Recharge Fast
Effects Ranged
  Foe Hold

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Thumbs Down 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Would need to check the magnitude and duration of the dart with the green mito on weakened hamidon.  Id say if 4 players using the dart can do it,  then thats reasonable to expect them to do so on a team with no holds.  Im not at home currently to check the numbers though.

• Thumbs Up 1

50% chance of a 3 second mag 2 hold. I don't think that's goin' to get 'er done.

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=prestige.prestige_attacks.brawl_taser

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

3 hours ago, Uun said:

50% chance of a 3 second mag 2 hold. I don't think that's goin' to get 'er done.

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=prestige.prestige_attacks.brawl_taser

Perhaps, but it's the only answer that has been provided to the problem the OP is describing. If the OP were willing to reform the team at a later date with someone who had holds or obtain the Security Chief Day Job Accolade and log out near a bank or police station to gain charges for the Tear Gas AoE Hold, their options would expand. 

COD entry: 

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=temporary_powers.day_job_powers.security_guard_tear_gas

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

While we're at it the P2W vendor should also sell:

1. A powerful ranged attack temp power in case the Blaster disconnects.
  2. A ranged taunt power in case the Tanker disconnects.
  3. A powerful melee attack temp power in case the Scrapper/Brute disconnects.
  4. Powerful buff and heal powers in case the Defender disconnects.

Right?

image.gif.c8cbdd3ab052e1e46beb4586b603b5d4.gif

• Thumbs Down 3

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

16 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Right?

image.gif.c8cbdd3ab052e1e46beb4586b603b5d4.gif

Well they aren't temporary but can be had from the p2w vendor.

1. Nemesis Staff

2. Okay don't know about that ... but then taunt is merely a modifier on threat so anyone can aggro a foe.

3. Sands of Mu

4. Hehe ... don't suppose Rest counts?  And of course Healing and Rez powers are available 

Not to mention I've a hard time thinking of a TF where not having a specific power might stop a team in its tracks in a similar manner as this.

And at least in the endgame there's this thing called alternate builds.  My scrapper did exactly that on this very TF back on Live.  We didn't lose our sole controller but I was using Petrifying Gaze, a mag 3 Hold with base duration a bit over 9 seconds courtesy of an alt build using Darkness Mastery.  Stacking would be an issue but that's just me.  Hopefully at least 6 teammates still left or finding a Hold might be the least of the problems.

So while that would make things a tiny bit easier it is a rather minor request and there's plenty of fairly solid attacks already present at the p2w vendor and this is hardly game breaking.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/19/2021 at 9:45 PM, PeregrineFalcon said:

Right?

I agree with the OP..

• Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Not to mention I've a hard time thinking of a TF where not having a specific power might stop a team in its tracks in a similar manner as this.

Barracuda SF before the last change u needed MM or Defender or had very hard times finishing it, HC change was, give always the leader the power to do it..

Barracuda Strike Force

• Power of Black Scorpion (the power required to kill Reichsman) is now always granted to the team leader, regardless of Archetype
    • Defenders now receive Power of Ghost Widow
    • Masterminds now receive Power of Captain Mako
  • Removed broken hospital in the first mission of the Barracuda SF which caused you to get stuck outside the map

So the similar solution would be give the LGTF Leader a Hold Power for the TF 🙂 .

Edited by SuggestorK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

Those are some awesome suggestions!

Given the awesome suggestions, my thought is now that for when we start the hami piece in the LGTF mission, we all get a hold gun or something, just like Positron II when you go to Faultline you automatically are given a jet pack.

Sue

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

7 hours ago, SuggestorK said:

Barracuda SF before the last change u needed MM or Defender or had very hard times finishing it, HC change was, give always the leader the power to do it..

Barracuda Strike Force

• Power of Black Scorpion (the power required to kill Reichsman) is now always granted to the team leader, regardless of Archetype
    • Defenders now receive Power of Ghost Widow
    • Masterminds now receive Power of Captain Mako
  • Removed broken hospital in the first mission of the Barracuda SF which caused you to get stuck outside the map

So the similar solution would be give the LGTF Leader a Hold Power for the TF 🙂 .

Just re-quoting because it should be.

This is how the suggestion forums should be and not the knee jerk reactions that are common here on the forums. 

Edited by plainguy
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

The powers are there already for players to use. The HC team doesn't need to make this change. 

I don't support giving a player a temporary hold power in the LGTF. Why give a player a hold when that would defeat the purpose of teaming with a controller, corruptor, defender, or dominator - in fact, any AT can have a hold if they select the right Epic or Patron power pool. Any AT can purchase the temp power I noted above and any AT can grab the day job power as well. It would also make this task force easier than it already is. Leave the onus on the players to solve the challenge using the means given to them. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Pocket D Zone Tour

At the very least, it would be nice to have a big upfront warning that the TF needs a Hold power.  Missions with specific power requirements are extremely rare in CoX, so there's no reason for players to expect one here.  Despite what some people have suggested on the forums, there are new players joining the game, and there are probably people who played on live but never ran a LGTF.  On HC, where there are no party size locks on TF, it's much easier to be stranded mid-TF without the required hold than on live.  It was even worse before the TF was put back to level 45-50, but there's still a decent chance that a small team might not have a hold.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

7 minutes ago, Grouchybeast said:

At the very least, it would be nice to have a big upfront warning that the TF needs a Hold power.  Missions with specific power requirements are extremely rare in CoX, so there's no reason for players to expect one here.  Despite what some people have suggested on the forums, there are new players joining the game, and there are probably people who played on live but never ran a LGTF.  On HC, where there are no party size locks on TF, it's much easier to be stranded mid-TF without the required hold than on live.  It was even worse before the TF was put back to level 45-50, but there's still a decent chance that a small team might not have a hold.

Yeah, I can agree to this when it concerns new players, especially if they've never done a Hamidon raid - adding something that indicates potential strategy concerns to the mission initiation dialog would be a nice warning (as opposed to learning from trial and error). That seems reasonable.

I don't see this warning as needed for the rest of the player base though - if you are fighting Hamidon, even in a weakened state, it needs to be held. That is a pretty well understood strategy that dates back to Issue 0 on legacy, as far as raiding goes. Even for the folks who have never done a Lady Grey Task Force before, odds are they are going to team up with someone who has.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

6 hours ago, Grouchybeast said:

6 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

Yeah, I can agree to this when it concerns new players, especially if they've never done a Hamidon raid - adding something that indicates potential strategy concerns to the mission initiation dialog would be a nice warning (as opposed to learning from trial and error). That seems reasonable.

I don't see this warning as needed for the rest of the player base though - if you are fighting Hamidon, even in a weakened state, it needs to be held. That is a pretty well understood strategy that dates back to Issue 0 on legacy, as far as raiding goes. Even for the folks who have never done a Lady Grey Task Force before, odds are they are going to team up with someone who has.

I have done this TF before not realizing or forgetting we needed holds. I was lucky I was on my Mastermind that happen to have  a hold.

It would be nice if they had some obscene message NOTE: Someone MUST have HOLD power for end of mission

Or maybe a NPC at the top that will give out a gun that holds. 
Something along the lines of...

Psst, I've been waiting for you guys.

I discovered that this Hold-O-Matic might prove useful against that Hami down there..

I'm not going to go down there and test it myself, but you can use it if want to test it out for me.

Only works in the trial.  Similar to the spores you pick up during that Trial that you have to protect the NPC.. Sorry mind is blank with the names ATM.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

45 minutes ago, Excraft said:

Same.  A temp hold power that can help in a pinch isn't game breaking no matter what the gatekeeper brigade says.

Gatekeeper Brigade.. 
PRICELESS ! 

I will be using this and trademarking you for the line !..

• Thumbs Down 1

I appreciate those who said, better team planning is the key. But I feel you folks did not pay close attention to the scenario I described, which does happen. I described the situation where the controller type DCs and does not return or is forced to leave due to real life matters.

In that case, the premise of better planning, simply does not work. I feel giving all a temporary hold power like Reichman is a good compromise or a fail safe in case of Murphy's law coming into play, and of course, once the Hami portion is completed, the temp power goes away. The temp hold power could be attained when we destroy the beacons holding hami for instance.

I believe this is an easier solution than removing the TF lock on recruiting, were the team could recruit a controller mid campaign if needed.

Hugs

Sue

Good idea OP. Doesn't have to be anything amazing but if it can help with the LGTF then it's a good idea.

I mean my tanks run with envenomed and a few doses of the Rez just in case, no reason holds shouldn't have a temp available as a last ditch solution. 

MsSmarts alt solution is a good one too. Posi 2 gives you a jetpack for the damn dam mission. 

Edited by Carnifax

2 hours ago, ZacKing said:

There you go gatekeeping again. 😉 Let's let the people here doing the actual programming decide what they do and don't need to do?

A person cannot be a gatekeeper unless they are actually able to prevent an action, in this case prevent the developers from implementing your suggestion. Can he do that? Can he fire the developers if they attempt to implement your suggestion? No? Then he's not "gatekeeping" or whatever word you want to misuse to describe his actions. He's "disagreeing with you."

I don't know why people now days think they get to just change the meaning of words. It's like you all think your last name is Webster or something.

Feel free to respond with "ok, boomer", or whatever nonsensical phrase the kids are using now days.

• Haha 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.