Focused Feedback: Various Power Changes

On 11/5/2021 at 1:54 PM, arcane said:

Arcane Bolt is great as is since last buff. Lowering the activation would make it too strong for a pool power.

I would also LOVE to see the cast time for arcane bolt, and some other powers like in the Force power pool, reduced. Drop the damage a bit if you must but it is extremely annoying when you trigger the attack and the target is dead before your power hits because your team has already eliminated the target. This happens all the time and I have stopped taking these pools and may respec out of them on other toons.

8 minutes ago, BurtHutt said:

I would also LOVE to see the cast time for arcane bolt, and some other powers like in the Force power pool, reduced. Drop the damage a bit if you must but it is extremely annoying when you trigger the attack and the target is dead before your power hits because your team has already eliminated the target. This happens all the time and I have stopped taking these pools and may respec out of them on other toons.

The cast time for Arcane Bolt was already lowered in Page 2.

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

54 minutes ago, Bopper said:

The cast time for Arcane Bolt was already lowered in Page 2.

Yes. I know. However, when you play in teams or bigger groups, my original concern still stands (in my humble opinion). It really is annoying when your target is toast during your activation time. The new wrinkle to Arcane Bolt is awesome. Loved it. But, the activation time...ugh.

What does being Level 1 have to do with the cost of Amplifiers? Are people assuming that because a player is Level 1, they have no influence or are unable to acquire influence?

16 minutes ago, BurtHutt said:

Yes. I know. However, when you play in teams or bigger groups, my original concern still stands (in my humble opinion). It really is annoying when your target is toast during your activation time. The new wrinkle to Arcane Bolt is awesome. Loved it. But, the activation time...ugh.

Are you ok the nerfs to the power that would be necessary to rebalance it with an even better activation time? It’s already top of the line for a pool power and better than many primary/secondary attacks, so there is zero question a better activation would require a coinciding nerf.

Also, if 1.73 is a no good activation time, you must be unable to play, oh I don’t know... most powersets in the entire game? What percentage of builds do you honestly think have the entire attack chain meeting that threshold? 

Edited by arcane

On 11/5/2021 at 3:30 PM, Peacemoon said:

Loving the fact that Propel's object will now be synchronised between players. The fact this never did was really immersion breaking, and always a bit naff! Great change!

That's interesting... I never knew it wasn't. Did you find out by discussing with teammates which objects you were summoning?

7 hours ago, Arnabas said:

That's interesting... I never knew it wasn't. Did you find out by discussing with teammates which objects you were summoning?

Pretty much yeah. With family who played Gravs. It was always disappointing that we all saw different objects 

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

On 11/19/2021 at 4:22 PM, Glacier Peak said:

What does being Level 1 have to do with the cost of Amplifiers? Are people assuming that because a player is Level 1, they have no influence or are unable to acquire influence?

No, but it just seems excessive to go from something like 8K per full charge of a booster to 20M per full charge.  If they want to get rid of the scaling, why not just set it to what it is for level 1 for everyone?  Are these boosters seriously all that game breaking?

11 hours ago, Wavicle said:

they’re pretty massive. I don’t know about game breaking, but they basically eliminate any sort of curve of power from the first twenty five levels or so.

Edit, part 2:

Never mind.  I just read the new patch notes and this change was taken out.  Checked on beta and the amplifiers are back to 1000 inf/hour at level 1.  Thanks!

I don't know.  I get these on every single character I start, and while they are nice I don't find that they ruin any sort of power curve.  It's just nice to have some mez protection at low level to me.

Edit:

Sorry, I just had to go back and check the actual numbers.  Survival bumps HP by about 13%, regen by +0.23 hp.sec and rec by +0.33 end/sec.  Offense gives +10% to-hit and +15% damage and recharge, and defense gives +7.5% resistance to all and +5% def to all.  The only one I can see that is arguably curve-altering on a lowbie is status protection.

Everything else you can get, and get better in most cases, from a 25 inf inspiration.  So how is this ruining a curve?

(screenshots added to make sure I'm not raising snakes in my hat)

image.thumb.png.73233539035fe336d827be741a5853fc.png

image.png.2bdb67615007401f991b4f5648422ecb.png

image.png.392f1025b867f81fd51197159a4aaed0.png

image.png.bc7f3441988990c1220e512dd464e9ff.png

Edited by ZephyrWind

3 hours ago, ZephyrWind said:

Everything else you can get, and get better in most cases, from a 25 inf inspiration.  So how is this ruining a curve?

I don’t understand how Many otherwise intelligent and discerning posters are able to make this obvious error comparing something that lasts 60 seconds and you can only carry a few of to something that lasts up to 8 hours. No, inspirations are Not comparable to or better than amps.

Edited by Wavicle
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

2 hours ago, Wavicle said:

I don’t understand how Many otherwise intelligent and discerning posters are able to make this obvious error comparing something that lasts 60 seconds and you can only carry a few of to something that lasts up to 8 hours. No, inspirations are Not comparable to or better than amps.

I was talking about the value, not the duration.  You said that the boosters were "pretty massive", which I took to mean that you though their value was overwhelming.  If you meant that they were curve-breaking because of their duration, I misunderstood you, and apologize for my misunderstanding.

2 hours ago, ZephyrWind said:

I was talking about the value, not the duration.  You said that the boosters were "pretty massive", which I took to mean that you though their value was overwhelming.  If you meant that they were curve-breaking because of their duration, I misunderstood you, and apologize for my misunderstanding.

Well the photos you posted are extremely illuminating. 

I think my issue with the amplifiers is it is the sort of perk that experienced players know about and make full use of, and newcomers or lest knowledgeablep players have no idea about - and by the time they do the price has shot up. 

For a few thousand influence you are gaining a a very large bonus (relative to what you'd get from powers and enhancements) for a long time.

Personally I would reduce the stackable amount to 2 hours. That sort of puts a limit on how much of the buff you can get extremely cheaply.

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone