Paragon Black Friday

Marine X

While I am still in the Farming Phase of my pre-Christmas Ritual, I am starting to consider a few changes to my annual giveaway.

Because of the clumsiness of the trade interface, and a lot of people not understanding why I am offering to trade, a lot decline to trade, so no gift. Thus I am thinking about just buying attuned enhancements that I can just Drag and Drop on Players. Trying to think of perhaps of a few popular varieties, like Blessing of the Zephyr ( Knock back Protection ) for level 10+ Luck of the Gambler ( Def +Global Recharge ) for level 25+. Any suggestions for additional ones to consider that would be desirable and in the 5 Million or less range would be appreciated. Also would enhancement Catalysts be a desirable gift?, usually 3 Million or so at the AH.

• Like 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

Unbreakable Guard +7.5% HP.  Currently in the $4M range.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

If you're going to give the lotg 7.5% recharge/def IO, may I suggest it be attuned? This way the defensive portion levels up as they play. Granted, it's a meager number either way, but every bit helps. 

In my own humble opinion, while not every build can make space for them, here are the mainstays that I try to incorporate in my builds:

Kismet 6%
Perf Shifter +end
Miracle +recovery
Numina +regen/recovery
Panacea +HP/End
Steadfast Protection 3% def/Resist
Glad. Armor 3% Def/TP

Unbreakable Guard 7.5% HP 
Reactive Defense 3% Resist (the wording on this is misleading, but my combat attributes shows at least 3% resistance out of combat from this gem. 
Shield Wall 5% Res(all) 
Lotg 7.5%/Def x 5
Blessing of the Zephyr KB prot. 
Celerity: Stealth

Edited by Ukase
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 5

Just now, Ukase said:

If you're going to give the lotg 7.5% recharge/def IO, may I suggest it be attuned? This way the defensive portion levels up as they play. Granted, it's a meager number either way, but every bit helps. 

In my own humble opinion, while not every build can make space for them, here are the mainstays that I try to incorporate in my builds:

Kismet 6%
Perf Shifter +end
Miracle +recovery
Numina +regen/recovery
Panacea +HP/End
Glad. Armor 3% Def/TP

Reactive Defense 3% Resist (the wording on this is misleading, but my combat attributes shows at least 3% resistance out of combat from this gem. 
Shield Wall 5% Res(all) 
Lotg 7.5%/Def x 5

Great list, but you'll be hard pressed to find any of the PVPs for $5M or less, these days.

• Thanks 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

I type too slow,  or maybe those guys above type too fast.  Super packs are also an option but at twice your target price.  You could consider super inspirations but even ultimates are usually less than those prices and people tend to have a full inspiration tray.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Ukase said:

Kismet 6%
Perf Shifter +end
Miracle +recovery
Numina +regen/recovery
Panacea +HP/End
Glad. Armor 3% Def/TP

Shield Wall 5% Res(all) 
Lotg 7.5%/Def x 5

Amazing how many of those end up in my builds, as well.  PS - the Reactive Defenses unique starts out at 3%, then as you lose health scales to 10%.  

As for @Marine X's initiative, I would suggest handing out attuned PerfShifts and/or Numina's/Miracles - just because, not everybody can slot a Kismet or UGuard, but ever'body got Health/Stamina.    I may even be able to help you build stock, once I truck some reward merits around.  

• Thumbs Up 2

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

I will be primarily on Reunion ( Most of my Toons are there even though I'm in Ohio, USA ), and may do some on Everlasting and Excelsior. Just planning to do the 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway I did every year on Live but use Enhancements instead of Influence this time. People can always cash them in.

• Thumbs Up 2

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

Far out.  I dump stuff on people at random all the time, sometimes just to get it out of my tray, other times for my own inscrutable purposes.  It's amazing how many times I get tells "Why did you give me this?  I can't use this!"  Like, get mad that you have to sell something for free inf, why don't you?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PLVRIZR said:

Great list, but you'll be hard pressed to find any of the PVPs for $5M or less, these days.

Um...you may not be aware of this - but pvp IOs are had for 2M, plus the cost of crafting & converting. 
image.png.cf18f724a6fb841468faf8e8cc05f6ac.png

Now, I can hear the rebuttals: "I don't enjoy that." or "There's not enough recipes" etc. 

This is just one recipe of 54 types of different pvp IOs. (9 sets, 6 each) 
If you place 5 bids for each one at 2M each, by the end of the day, you should have anywhere from 80 to 120 of them. Maybe more. 

When you craft level 10's, it only costs 3600 inf to craft, plus 600K for the salvage, at the most. 
2.6M, sell for 8m, or give it away. Or, craft 3, sell one, give away 2 to cover the costs of making 3. 

I have literally made billions doing this, often a billion in a day. I know it's feasible. 

Edited by Ukase
  • Like 1

I'm aware, and have also made significant scratch...but it's a giveaway, so buying attuned versions seemed in line with what MarineX was asking.  Catalysts routinely go for $1.5M, so add that to your recipe plan.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PLVRIZR said:

I'm aware, and have also made significant scratch...but it's a giveaway, so buying attuned versions seemed in line with what MarineX was asking.  Catalysts routinely go for $1.5M, so add that to your recipe plan.

And in some cases, TWO unslotters, if'n you're popping out something you want to keep in order to catalyze that bad boy.  It adds up!

1 hour ago, roleki said:

And in some cases, TWO unslotters, if'n you're popping out something you want to keep in order to catalyze that bad boy.  It adds up!

In my case, I unslot the existing attuned one I had already. Next, I put the new one in and catalyze it. Then, I sell the old one. One cat and one unslot used.

Fortunately, unslotters are cheap, even when you need to use two.

6 hours ago, PLVRIZR said:

I do not market flip.  But i know a few characters who buy/convert/flip/whatever on the PVP and they have a target sales range in the 8+ neighborhood.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I agree with @Snarky. Ticket price of a Glad+ averages around 8. You can get them significantly cheaper but you need to be patient. 

Edited by Sakai

I completely get why you'd catalyze something like a Glad Armor Resistance IO. But the 3% def (All) ? No need. Works the same. Same case for the Panacea and the Shield Wall. 

But, I get your point. It would be tedious to craft/convert a ton of IOs. 

• Thumbs Up 1