Reviving Pets

Solarverse

This was brought up on live, but can't recall if it was ever brought up here before. What's the odds we can get the mechanics of Revive or any other rezzing ability to work for pets? Would there be any problems with this if something like it were implemented?

While definitely a nice bit of utility, there may be a few issues/difficulties:

• Very few enemies can be rezzed, and only by a select few other NPCs.  There's probably a "is-rezzable" flag somewhere that would have to be set for all pets.
  • As far as I know, no player rez power can target any NPC.  Making NPCs targetable with these could let you rez in-mission allies, which could be either an exploit or a feature. I'd love to be able to rez mission-critical, suicidal NPCs (looking at you, Lady Jane).
  • More than a few pets simply despawn immediately after being defeated (like Dark Servant or Singularity).  These would need to be given a body or other lingering, targetable remains for you to even be able to rez them.

The only thing I can see would potentially be an issue, is if somebody dismissed their pets, then somebody else came along and revived them all with a mass Rez, like the Dark Rez. I can see that as being a potential griefing opportunity for some. That could certainly cause some issues.

• Like 1

Are you looking specifically at "pet" pets, like Dark Servant, or are you including Mastermind henchmen?

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

On 11/20/2021 at 2:20 PM, Greycat said:

Are you looking specifically at "pet" pets, like Dark Servant, or are you including Mastermind henchmen?

MM Pets primarily, but all pets in general except the ones that are timed.

Seems reasonable to let people do this considering the long cooldowns on rez powers, often longer than the pet power cooldowns themselves. So very little in the way of opportunities to exploit this. And perhaps keep “dismiss” from leaving a body so it doesn’t just become a “dismiss my best pet every few minutes so I can give them the buff from the rez power” trick.

1 hour ago, arcane said:

... <snip> ... And perhaps keep “dismiss” from leaving a body so it doesn’t just become a “dismiss my best pet every few minutes so I can give them the buff from the rez power” trick.

Indeed 😈😈 because let me introduce you to the Faithful Fans of Fallout who'd absolutely be delighted with this

--> death, Teleport Target, +/-Vengeance, Fallout, Mutate, rinse repeat.  This is already their thing the sg was and is built around.  Be like giving them a 9th teammate to cart around blowing up.

10 minutes ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Indeed 😈😈 because let me introduce you to the Faithful Fans of Fallout who'd absolutely be delighted with this

--> death, Teleport Target, +/-Vengeance, Fallout, Mutate, rinse repeat.  This is already their thing the sg was and is built around.  Be like giving them a 9th teammate to cart around blowing up.

Well maybe Fallout shouldn’t be an option. Vengeance def not. You sure made things get out of hand real quick there, lol. Let’s reduce the discussion to rez only. And even then you’ve just given me some doubts.

Another wacky idea that just popped into my head. What if Unrelenting’s death-defying effect could somehow be shared with MM pets? You could argue there’s something overpowered there, but then again, it is 3 powers deep into the lolPresence pool on a low uptime percentage.

Edited by arcane

2 minutes ago, arcane said:

Well maybe Fallout shouldn’t be an option. Vengeance def not. You sure made things get out of hand real quick there, lol. Let’s reduce the discussion to rez only. And even then you’ve just given me some doubts.

Yup, and I suppose you can limit targeting to dead pet vs dead team or leaguemate (or ally pet or ...) But I threw that out there just cause it is a wrinkle to keep in mind.

2 hours ago, arcane said:

But the inability to use Fallout on my robot pets just feels like such a freaking waste!  Why even be Bots/Rad, if I can't simulate an explosive power core breach?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/20/2021 at 12:39 PM, Akisan said:

I'd love to be able to rez mission-critical, suicidal NPCs (looking at you, Lady Jane).

We have resorted to calling the behaviour "Doing a Lady Jane". She even got stuck in the wall once.

The adventurous Space Janitor reporting for duty. Cleaning the universe since 1992 and Paragon City, the Rogue Isles and Praetoria since 2011.

BlueYellowRed.png.cffb9b692dd0484133ca1d9ee2c8c4ce.png

12 hours ago, srmalloy said:

Or 'doing a Fusionette', as I've watched her be suicidal in the 'Help Rikti Raid' mission from Levantera.

Fusionette is one thing, as, IIRC, the mission doesn't END when she goes down.  (Which is good, because as suicidal as she is normally, it goes up to 11 if anyone runs any +perc. auras like Tactics).  Funny you mention RWZ though, as I know at least one mission in the arcs there has you rescue several rikti... which "help" you... and are clearly as fervent as Fusionette... and fail the mission if they go down.