Hollows at 1 or 2

Wavicle

1 hour ago, Wavicle said:

I think we should be able to do David Wincott at level 1 or maybe 2. The Hollows is great content and I think being able to start it right upon exiting the tutorial or maybe even upon character creation would help make it a more accessible place for lowbie levelling.

So you want content added to the Hollows?

Just now, Doomguide2005 said:

Okay, then extend the level range of all the contacts?  I mean I agree the Hollows is one of my favorite zones with an enormous number of great memories, but won't you need to alter or add content to not run out?

Yes, extend the level range of David Wincott down just 3 or 4 levels, from level 5 down to 1 or 2. Meg Mason is there if you need more missions before the next contact.

In the land of double and disabled xp,  it really is up to us now to turn on and off as needed if we want to run a whole zone.  But a portion of the exterior of the zone would need to be lowered in level and im not sure that fits well with a hazard zone.

Edited by TheZag
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's a hazard zone, with larger spawns. A few extra powers *really* helps.

Besides, level 5 to get in is all of... Matthew Habashy's quick arc, or a DFB. A few minutes.

I can't honestly say this would really be worth doing, IMO.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I'd keep it at 5+.  The Hollows does have some great arcs, yes, but Wincott, the first contact, isn't one of them.  He's got a fairly short arc with a few hunts and a couple of glowie missions, and putting him and the second contact in separate level brackets would be wierd.  On top of that, even the weakened 5-10 Trolls and Outcasts are somewhat tougher than the usual 1-5 Hellions and Skulls (more damage types, some defenses, some status effects). 

Oh, and speaking of the second contact, Flux: we don't want that guy's level lowered.  Frostfire is encountered at the end of his arc, and Frostfire's quite the fight for level 10s going in (EB with 4 pets, double slow auras, a fairly long Hold, an extra boss in his spawn and he's in an ambush room).  I've seen so many teamwipes in that room, and I can't imagine how bad he'd be at 4-7, when you just don't have enough powers to deal with that in your bag of tricks.

14 hours ago, Akisan said:

I'd keep it at 5+.  The Hollows does have some great arcs, yes, but Wincott, the first contact, isn't one of them.  He's got a fairly short arc with a few hunts and a couple of glowie missions, and putting him and the second contact in separate level brackets would be wierd.  On top of that, even the weakened 5-10 Trolls and Outcasts are somewhat tougher than the usual 1-5 Hellions and Skulls (more damage types, some defenses, some status effects). 

Oh, and speaking of the second contact, Flux: we don't want that guy's level lowered.  Frostfire is encountered at the end of his arc, and Frostfire's quite the fight for level 10s going in (EB with 4 pets, double slow auras, a fairly long Hold, an extra boss in his spawn and he's in an ambush room).  I've seen so many teamwipes in that room, and I can't imagine how bad he'd be at 4-7, when you just don't have enough powers to deal with that in your bag of tricks.

Pretty much this. Leave it as is please.

On 11/27/2021 at 6:16 PM, Wavicle said:

I think we should be able to do David Wincott at level 1 or maybe 2. The Hollows is great content and I think being able to start it right upon exiting the tutorial or maybe even upon character creation would help make it a more accessible place for lowbie levelling.

I would just be happy if mob sizes, spawn rates and levels went back to what they were prior to the zone rehaul. They took a real Hazard Zone and turned it in to a playground.

Edited by Solarverse
  • Thumbs Down 1