kismet accuracy

Snarky

What power do you have it slotted in? Is the power active?

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

I can definitely confirm that kismet does show its bonus when it is an active power, but it is labelled as a to-hit bonus and not an accuracy bonus, which is the line right below accuracy. The only other thing I can think of it being is not having the right kismet slotted in your power. On a tangential note, does anyone know why the scaling resistances for SR on my stalker aren't displayed? Even when I check for it when I'm injured it doesn't show anything, even though it shows scaling resistance for that IO that also offers scaling resistance.

• Thumbs Up 1

I definitely have seen SR scaling resistances show up in combat stats (not specifically on a stalker -- I've only made SR in other armored ATs).  Combat bonuses refresh a bit slowly, but if you can't see your scaling resistances when you're at say 25% health, that seems like a bug.  (Obviously, you need to have selected the auto-powers in SR to get those bonuses, but I assume you have).

Edited by aethereal
  • Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, Uun said:

What power do you have it slotted in? Is the power active?

ding ding ding.  thanks.  i have it in stealth....which i did not have on first thing in the morning (brute)  

i already botched making coffee this morning.  fill coffee maker with purified water.  not quite enough.  refill purifier.  except i just sleepily poured in coffee maker on return from sink.  sigh.  overflow.

now this.  that does answer whether i should leave stealth on though.  thanks.

• Like 1

So, fun fact about To Hit. 

In game, not shown in the combat attributes is something called "beginner's luck". But - the toHit value in combat attributes will reflect the base amount of 75%, the Kismet Accuracy (I place it in Combat Jumping, a toggle I tend to keep on at all times) 
image.png.e36ff882068637ef52c45edf713b81de.png

Note that 75% and 6% should equal 81%, but my level 9 character's To Hit is listed as 89%. The 8% increase comes from the Beginner's Luck mechanic.
You can read more about it here: 
https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Attack_Mechanics#Beginner.27s_Luck

image.png.82575fdccd29261af3cb40f30d392dd9.png

Beginner's Luck is the community's name for a scaling ToHit bonus for low-level characters that was added as part of Issue 12. Under Beginner's Luck, characters at Combat Level 1 get a +15% ToHit bonus — exactly enough to raise their chance of hitting equal-level PvE enemies to 90% from the standard 75%. This bonus steadily decreases as the character gains levels and eventually disappears after Combat Level 19. The full table of Beginner's Luck bonuses, by level, is at the end of this article. It is almost, but not quite, +1% per level under 20.

The Beginner's Luck bonus also applies to player pets and pseudopets, though it's based on their levels, not the player's. Also, since Beginner's Luck is based on Combat Level, it is affected by Sidekicking and Exemplaring.

• Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, Gwyrddu said:

On a tangential note, does anyone know why the scaling resistances for SR on my stalker aren't displayed? Even when I check for it when I'm injured it doesn't show anything, even though it shows scaling resistance for that IO that also offers scaling resistance.

I keep several types of damage resistance pinned to my screen on my SR tank. They definitely increase when my health decreases. I don't recall if they have a subline with a source on the full Combat Attributes display.

• Thumbs Up 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Alright I tested it out some more and SR resistances do show up, but only when my health is below 50%, which is different than what reactive defenses does which shows an increase in resistance when any health has been lost. That the two systems appear to work differently doesn't seem to mentioned anywhere (I mean aside from reactive defenses starting out with a set resistance, which is mentioned)

Yep SR's scaling resistances don't kick in till you're at 60% health or lower.

Edit:  And you get a portion of that scaling from each passive defense so if you have not taken one of them you'll be shy a portion of the total possible.  At least that's how it functions on a Scrapper.

And yes the scaling is slightly different on Stalker ... looking at CoD2.0 

Edited by Doomguide2005
Afterthoughts
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, roleki said:

Isn't 9 a little young to have a ToHit  bonus?

You can slot it at level 7. Totally worth the slot if you have a power that can take it.

• Thumbs Up 2

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

4 hours ago, macskull said:

You can slot it at level 7. Totally worth the slot if you have a power that can take it.

That was joke.  That said, while I slot a Kismet on every character, I don't usually slot it until the 40s.  IIRC, level 7 I was usually wondering how to make more blue.

• Thumbs Up 1

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

Easy way to keep track of which IO's acts as which is by looking for it under Menu-Personal Info-Powers tab.  If it is listed there on your character card under "Set Bonus" then it acts like a set bonus.  If it doesn't show there, then it is a proc and has to be in an active power.  

Edited by Riverdusk
  • Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Riverdusk said:

Easy way to keep track of which IO's acts as which is by looking for it under Menu-Personal Info-Powers tab.  If it is listed there on your character card under "Set Bonus" then it acts like a set bonus.  If it doesn't show there, then it is a proc and has to be in an active power.  

Similar in Mids as I recall.  It'll list as a set bonus or not.

On 11/28/2021 at 9:34 PM, roleki said:

That was joke.  That said, while I slot a Kismet on every character, I don't usually slot it until the 40s.  IIRC, level 7 I was usually wondering how to make more blue.

Kismet is very helpful for end issues, because every extra attack that lands because of it is an attack that you don't need to make again.  Saving end is one of the reasons I slot the Kismet ASAP.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 5

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

I take combat jumping on most characters and kismet is the first thing I slot in it. I feel it is just as helpful at the lower levels when you do not have much in the way of global acc bonuses as it is at higher levels when you are trying to punch +4's while debuffed.

• Thumbs Up 1