What Lore pets do you take? And why?

Xandyr

Just as the title says...what Lore pets do you take and why?

I know it's stupid,  but I like Storm Elementals because they're so pretty to look at. On my WP/Staff I took the robotic drones, but am thinking about switching over to Clockwork. I think the added damage, the -Def, plus the added Defense and heal would benefit my WP/Staff a bit more.  

Just curious to know what, and WHY, you take the Lore Pets that you chose.

Concept, concept, concept.  I would never remember to use them anyway, so their stats didn't matter much.  I tried Longbow for the -regen, but the giant robot kept getting in the way.  Support heroes and tanks would tend to go core because they could keep them alive longer, while damage heroes tend radial.

Techie heroes went robotic drones, because they were small and thematic.  My Illusion controller went phantoms, of course.  Storm Elementals fit with weather manipulators, wizards, and psionic heroes.  My winged characters used KoV as wing-buddies.  Rularuu or BP pets fit in for cosmic heroes as exotic aliens they've met, or IDF as space commandoes.  My loyal crab spider took Arachnos, of course.  My circus character hangs out with the Carnies, and martial artist with the Tsoo.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Carnies. Cuz dark ring mistresses.

The perma-Forge from the (untouchable) Seneschal is also awfully nice for damage toons/farmers, as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

I always pick thematically. At this point I've tried 15 of the 21. BP is really good for damage, but you can't always justify summoning a giant demon. Carnies, Talons and Knives are also good. I've been underwhelmed by the radial buffs and generally go core. Whatever you do, don't get the Storm Elementals radial - a pet that runs hurricane is a bad idea. If you're not aware, there's a google sheet with pictures and lists of all the powers.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tmuk9Jf-NxhSE2P1RB6wRtn-qUDvwqpV_10B9QAAinE/edit?usp=sharing

12 hours ago, ninja surprise said:

I've been trying to find a pair that stays out of the way, or at least, doesn't block doors I need to get through.

The most unobtrusive are Robotic Drones and Polar Lights. They're also 100% ranged, so less likely to get squashed in melee.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm in the "pick for concept" camp too.  My one tanker has an angelic theme so I gave her Polar Lights Core.  They're strong balls of energy and the -DEF they bring helps too (the boss pet is basically a Peacebringer in Nova form).

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

I avoid anything that summons anything much larger than a typical player character.  Cimerorans and Talons are my mainstays, but for some I have Carnies or demons.

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I don't like the giant summons BP or Longbow have, so I took Tsoo on my Inv/SS tank.  So far, I like them.  They do good damage and thus far they've survived being in melee with me.  Longbow fit my toon the best thematically, but I hate how big the giant robot is and how much it gets in the way.  

For those extreme edge cases (e.g. 801 series AE missions) where survivability is an issue, I'll use the Seers for the extra defense from Fortitude (even if it is a watered-down 5%). For AV-hunting, it's Longbow for the -regen. And for crazy ambush farming-maps where overaggro is the norm, I'll bust out Banished Pantheon for the untouchable Defiler with its Enervating Storm AoE attack.

Winteriel Ice/Fire/Nrg Tanker | @Scranker Global

I've use BP, Carnies, Seers and in the original game used WarWorks. Out of all of them for Tanks, I'd say the order I've listed them is the order I'd rank them. I didn't really think the WarWorks were all that great, so I don't use them here. I haven't tried the others, but I've found these to be pretty useful. Also I've seen Cimerorans, and Knives used at TT's and they seem to be pretty useful as well.

Nothing warms your opponent like Fiery Melee.

Tanker Tuesday and Tanker Tuesday Tour Info:

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Special weekend run for Reunion/Europe