Mo Aeon Badges

Meknomancer

I have seen a lot of people saying the final badge is still bugged, even after the patch to the SF.  By bugged, I mean that the blue beams do not behave like they are supposed to and also can still inflict damage after they have disappeared from the screen.  That aspect reminds me of Tyrant's lightning in the Magisterium - you can take damage when there's no lightning visible at your position.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

They can be difficult to see if they're in the lava as they fade out, and he can definitely throw them out fast enough to chain them, which can be problematic if everyone is mobbed together or on him in melee as the fields will overlap on tightly knit groups or soloists. Not to refute the possibility of the dmg effect lasting longer than the visual FX in the slightest; I haven't perceived that in my runs, but I haven't made a point to badge DASF yet so entirely likely I just haven't noticed.

I do not know if anyone has successfully done so, but it is supposed to be possible to solo CTT badge, perhaps even with melee but that would most likely take quite a feat of player skill to accomplish.

Edited by InvaderStych

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

So here's how the blue beams are supposed to work:

They target the person FURTHEST from King Midas.

They will NOT target the same person twice in a row.

So the strat is basically two people standing at the far edge of the room not attacking much, and moving the second the beam starts to appear.

This breaks down when Midas uses the D-Rifter and summons your counterparts/versions of himself/Professor Zeon. The blue beams sometimes appear just as you teleport in while everyone is grouped up, and baiting the beam by staying out of the fight isn't as reliable.

So everyone still needs to be on their toes, paying more attention to the beam than the actual fight itself.

• Like 1

Latest run i started noticing that he's chaining it twice in a row, probably as you say not on the same person but the team was bunched up in lava pit as he teleported us. Does mezzing him help? Ive seen some great domi's holding him for ages at a time while we stand in the pits waiting for the hold to break so he an come to us-can he be taunted into lava and held before he has time to target with the blue laser light?

Unfriendly Fire:
Have someone have the wrench or Dimensional Grounding Ray if you can't reliably get someone with confuse (plant, mind, Electric, dark)

What you need to do is have the tank drag Mr. Rivers away from the rest of the mobs and just hold his attention. Have everyone whallop Zoe & adds until Zoe is at about 10% health. Have 1-2 assigned damagers SLOWLY whittling her away. Bring Rivers close, bring Rivers down to boom boom point, and wrench him/DGR him. Unless you have uncontrollable pets, this should net you the badge.

Ripple Raider is easy, just do the challenges.

Power Overwhelming:
You can either trigger this early or late. Basically, need to let one Effusion live. Spawn the puddle, pull Ripplesurge into it, and burn him down ASAP. Puddles last five minutes I think. The Power Analyzer temp power works wonders here.

Blue Stuff (not actual badge name):
It targets the furthest away, but never twice in a row. Have two ranged stay at max distance, pop lore pets, and burn the three phases ASAP. The tricky part is the upside down rooms. You may catch someone who isn't the two getting targeted. Having incans on hand helps for the upside down.

During the real Midas part, just have everyone dogpile him in the cauldrons but the two people. That should maybe net you it.

Also there's a Becky badge but its not required and if you lose this on Malicious I have some serious questions.

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

On 12/10/2021 at 4:36 PM, Shadeknight said:

Bring Rivers close, bring Rivers down to boom boom point, and wrench him/DGR him.

I've been told that you need to use the wrench AFTER his countdown starts but the grounding ray BEFORE the countdown starts.  Is this correct?

(I have this badge but want to understand how the mechanics work.)

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

On 12/9/2021 at 11:15 PM, Ironblade said:

I have seen a lot of people saying the final badge is still bugged, even after the patch to the SF.  By bugged, I mean that the blue beams do not behave like they are supposed to and also can still inflict damage after they have disappeared from the screen.  That aspect reminds me of Tyrant's lightning in the Magisterium - you can take damage when there's no lightning visible at your position.

I think this is the case; I always volunteer to be one of the people sat at a distance, and I've seen myself take damage from somewhere when I'm miles from where the blue marker actually spawned. I've also seen it appear in the middle of the main fight when there should have been a second player on the balcony at the back, but he may have gone too close and not been the second furthest away.  One easy fix would be to have the player he's aiming at be visibly marked before and during it's appearence, so they have time to clear off.

• City Council
On 12/10/2021 at 12:39 AM, EmperorSteele said:

This breaks down when Midas uses the D-Rifter and summons your counterparts/versions of himself/Professor Zeon. The blue beams sometimes appear just as you teleport in while everyone is grouped up, and baiting the beam by staying out of the fight isn't as reliable.

This should not be the case. When players are teleported, any existing orbs are destroyed (so if one spawned right on top of you before the teleport, it would be destroyed) and 15 seconds are added to the blue orb spawning timer (so players have time to move away before a new blue orb spawns).

I can add a message to the chat to indicate who got hit by the ripple damage, but I intentionally didn't do that to avoid players assigning blame for missing the badge.

6 hours ago, Faultline said:

I can add a message to the chat to indicate who got hit by the ripple damage, but I intentionally didn't do that to avoid players assigning blame for missing the badge

Please don't do this.  This is the badger equivalent of adding a DPS meter to the team

• Sad 1

Although it WOULD be helpful to have the graphics area of the beam's damage patch cover all of the area that does damage so it's easier to avoid.  I can't believe that that was purposefully not done already.  

Also, does the Golden Throwing Wrench actually work?  I've tried it several times without it having a confuse effect.  And does the Dimensional Grounding Ray actually confuse him?  I also can't help but wonder if there's some bug with the fix-it patch after the new release, because I have a friend who got the Unfriendly Fire badge 4 times after the release and 0 out of 7 or 8 times recently (probably since the fix-it patch).

Edited by Shocktacular

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs so far.
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

Maybe extend the first orb timer to 30s.  I've had it spawn more than once within seconds of zoning, and I'm on a fairly fast machine.  If you zone slower ....

I would also like to see the graphics a tad larger diameter.  I've sometimes been hit by an edge when I should have otherwise been outside it. 

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE.

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard*, ..., 801.5 Moderate**, ..., 801.6 Hard***, ..., 801.7 Four Star****, ... 801.F Death.

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

17 minutes ago, Linea said:

Maybe extend the first orb timer to 30s.  I've had it spawn more than once within seconds of zoning, and I'm on a fairly fast machine.  If you zone slower ....

I would also like to see the graphics a tad larger diameter.  I've sometimes been hit by an edge when I should have otherwise been outside it. 

Yeah, same.  Hit with damage but was outside of the graphics.

9 minutes ago, Apparition said:

Yeah, same.  Hit with damage but was outside of the graphics.

That's just unfair! 😞 

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs so far.

5 hours ago, Shocktacular said:

Also, does the Golden Throwing Wrench actually work?  I've tried it several times without it having a confuse effect.  And does the Dimensional Grounding Ray actually confuse him?

The wrench definitely works.  What might be causing a problem is that it requires a 'to hit' check.  I run Tactics and Focused Accuracy and also hit Build Up before throwing it.

Also, I was told (and can not verify personally), that you have to hit with the wrench AFTER the countdown starts but if you're using the grounding ray, you have to hit BEFORE the countdown starts.  The only thing I can personally verify is that hitting with the wrench after the countdown starts is effective.

Well, I just got it today with a group using the Arrows of Jealousy from the Valentines' Day event.  Those seemed to work just fine.

Hi, i've got a bunch of successful and mostly-successful MO runs under my belt

Master of Aeon mostly comes down to the leader having a good plan and the team executing that plan.

You can have the best plan in the world and if your team isn't listening, you'll fail the badges. You can have a really good team under you, but if your plan is garbage you're going to fail the badges. I advise going on a few runs without badges being a concern just so that you know what's coming and what you're dealing with- Knowing, say, that smelters can and happily will heal Zoe nearly back to full means that you know what to look for when you're ready to commit to that final Brickernaut pull.

For specific badges-

[Unfriendly Fire]: Princess Zoe needs to be at 10% HP when the brickernaut explodes. When this happens, she automatically dies. Either get a Power Analyzer or set your tooltips to have no delay to monitor her health. I would generally advise trying to whittle her down a little bit past 10 so you have some breathing room to kill the brickernaut, as an ill-timed regen tick is one of the main ways this badge fails.

The wrench and the Dimensional Grounding Ray are by far the most foolproof methods to get the brickernaut into friendly fire mode. I generally favor the ray but it requires a lot more setup and has limited charges, the wrench is very reliable if a bit more risky. If you do the wrench, you need to wait until the Brickernaut is at about six seconds in the cooldown, as the wrench only confuses for seven seconds. Or maybe you can just yeet it at him at the start idk, i feel like waiting for 6 is the most reliable but im pretty stupid

You may have to sacrifice yourself to ensure this badge, especially if you're the tank. I've at times as a non-tank AT stuck near zoe to ensure she was under the HP threshold when she died.

[Ripple Raider]: The only  way you fail this badge is if you don't do the secondaries. It's generally worth it to try to drag the AVs to safer places if your team isn't extremely optimized- Pull the 5th Column avs out of the bowl, the Devouring Earth to the water, etc.

[Power Overwhelming]: Power analyzers or a sharp eye will tell you when he's got the buff. I generally prefer to weaken him outside of the patch and then draw him onto it for the kill, but some teams can power through him from full to dead. The tricky part here is that Ripplesurge uses ranged AI, so it's a little difficult to precisely move him. Have your team refrain from taunting him, holding him, or using powers like Phantom Army to make getting him in place easier. Try to avoid going for the killshot until you can confirm he's got the buff if at all possible- He may visually look like he's standing in the patch but he may not be empowered.

Also, don't fight him on the hill. The street nearby is a nice open spot to fight him, where it's really easy to see the damage patches and maneuver him onto them.

[Can't Touch This]: You need two dodgers who stay far away from Midas at all times, ideally on the balcony behind him. They each need to pick a corner and move to an entirely different one whenever they're targeted by a blue laser beam. When it shifts to the minigame rooms, they should still be hugging corners far away and moving to different ones. Extremely skilled players can contribute to the fight here or even pull of stunts like moving in or out of range when they're not targeted, but this should probably not be attempted with pickup groups- I find it's safest to have the dodge team literally just dodge and do nothing else. Have your dodge team take their places first, without aggroing Midas, before everyone else moves in.

Everyone not on dodge team stays in melee range with King Midas at all times (Even if they're squishy ranged characters) to ensure dodge team is the one targeted. Team lead should familiarize themselves with the minigames in order to minimize the time spent in them, as this is the most common time CTT fails in my experience; usually because someone in melee range has been targeted before dodge team was in place. It's worth it to have at least one person have incandescence as a backup option.

Lore pets minimize the time you spend in the fight in general, which means fewer dodges and fewer chances for things to go wrong. Also make sure you're efficient about dragging King Midas to the pizza pools as quickly as possible, so you're not wasting time and energy on an invincible enemy and giving him more time to bombard people.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

• City Council
On 12/18/2021 at 9:28 PM, Linea said:

Zoning has nothing to do with it. The blue orbs only spawn for players who are inside the fight area with Midas, when you zone you're not in the fight volume and it will never spawn on you.

The first orb doesn't spawn until Midas is actually dragged to a cauldron, so people don't have to dodge them while also figuring out what they need to do in order to damage him.

This is still proving agonizing to do, even with organised badgers on Everlasting; we've tried teleporting everyone as soon as the warning (is that new?) so no one can be in the splash zone, but we failed when someone didn't accept the teleport and got clobbered.  I'm going to try and do it solo for a while to reduce frustration; is it possible to log out and restart the mission, or is it a One And Done situation where the first blue that gets you ends it for the entire run?

• Like 1

(This post mostly reiterates information that has been provided in previous replies) The times I have gotten the Can't Touch This badge, there have been two team members staying at range, not fighting, in the furthest corners from the rest of the team (in the same room). Those two players had the responsibilities of staying out of the blue patches, and staying far from Midas.  It probably helps for everyone to have sprint on and no one should fly. It helps if everybody tries to watch for the blue beams and everybody needs to understand the difference between a safe distance from the beam and "not quite far enough". A recent failure may have been due to pets running too far from the damage dealers, so the team may want to consider no pets during this portion.

I suspect a reset is possible as long as Midas has not yet been defeated, but I have not confirmed that.

=:Psibug

2 hours ago, PsiBug said:

(This post mostly reiterates information that has been provided in previous replies) The times I have gotten the Can't Touch This badge, there have been two team members staying at range, not fighting, in the furthest corners from the rest of the team (in the same room). Those two players had the responsibilities of staying out of the blue patches, and staying far from Midas.  It probably helps for everyone to have sprint on and no one should fly. It helps if everybody tries to watch for the blue beams and everybody needs to understand the difference between a safe distance from the beam and "not quite far enough". A recent failure may have been due to pets running too far from the damage dealers, so the team may want to consider no pets during this portion.

I suspect a reset is possible as long as Midas has not yet been defeated, but I have not confirmed that.

=:Psibug

It's been confirmed by Faultline that pets don't impact the Can't Touch This badge, so pets are fine.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Faultline said:

The first orb doesn't spawn until Midas is actually dragged to a cauldron, so people don't have to dodge them while also figuring out what they need to do in order to damage him.

I think I noticed that and didn't realize it.   Which means this is probably an issue of interaction of multiple players.  And one of the other players is triggering the blue orb too close to the zone-in point, primarily in the mini-games.   ... so extra coordination of  "DO NOT MOVE UNTIL EVERYONE ZONES IN"? might work?  Then RUN LIKE MANIACS! RUN!

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE.

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard*, ..., 801.5 Moderate**, ..., 801.6 Hard***, ..., 801.7 Four Star****, ... 801.F Death.

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

• City Council
6 hours ago, PsiBug said:

If the mission is reset, the script is reset, so the indicator that you took damage is reset as well. Even if Midas is defeated, resetting the mission will reset the script for the fight.

• Like 3