Respec Changes

wjrasmussen

Last night I got on a level 50 character I hadn't played since last March.  Looking at it, I noticed half of the slots were empty.  Then recalled I had an interruption during the respec and lost a ton of enhancements (they can be replaced).  Annoying yes.

Afterwards, I finally decided to respec my first character on homecoming.  Didn't lose any enhancements this time!!  A major annoyance is the power trays.  I really wish you wouldn't populate it like that.  I would prefer you don't change them except for power that aren't selected during respec and let me deal with that instead of this large amount of work to do.  I am aware that power trays are likely wiped at the start of respec but it doesn't have to be that way, you could keep a list and ask at the end to use it to repopulate the trays.  There could be a import/export thing too.

These are for discussion purposes only not a request.  Discuss.

• Thumbs Up 1

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

5 hours ago, wjrasmussen said:

[...]

Afterwards, I finally decided to respec my first character on homecoming.  Didn't lose any enhancements this time!!  A major annoyance is the power trays.  I really wish you wouldn't populate it like that.  I would prefer you don't change them except for power that aren't selected during respec and let me deal with that instead of this large amount of work to do.  I am aware that power trays are likely wiped at the start of respec but it doesn't have to be that way, you could keep a list and ask at the end to use it to repopulate the trays.  There could be a import/export thing too.

These are for discussion purposes only not a request.  Discuss.

I just screenshot the UI before running a respec, then /cleartray and repopulate.  Not ideal, but, not awful. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

I swear I remember Matt (Positron) saying that the trays are stuck at 70, and any more would "break the game". But, it was a long time ago, and I could be misremembering. 

And yeah, repopulating the tray is annoying, but /cleartray is a great start for me. 

Good tip on taking the screenshot of the power tray before hand! 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I always take a picture of my trays with my phone so I can put them back the way I like them. I use /cleartray then open up powers window and drag and drop. By lvl 50 I have up to 7 power trays that I use for each character, so its not a small job.

• Like 1
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

I wish there was a respec-lite that let me move slots around!

Several times I've added a slot to a power, only to discover that it doesn't accept the enh I had planned to slot it with.

These days, I'm more likely to make a new build, rather than respec.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

On 12/20/2021 at 8:36 AM, Bionic_Flea said:

I don't respec unless I have a Mids build ready and waiting on a separate window.  Even with that, I mess up respecs.  I've had to back track several times.  And on a few occasions, I had to respec my respec.  FML

It’s always slots that get me when I magically have an extra one and am like oh I miscounted and proceed to see zero slots in powers only after I complete 

On 12/20/2021 at 5:36 AM, Bionic_Flea said:

I don't respec unless I have a Mids build ready and waiting on a separate window.  Even with that, I mess up respecs.  I've had to back track several times.  And on a few occasions, I had to respec my respec.  FML

I don't have mids or pines.  Don't know which one is up to date.

On 12/23/2021 at 6:32 PM, DoctorDitko said:

I wish there was a respec-lite that let me move slots around!

Several times I've added a slot to a power, only to discover that it doesn't accept the enh I had planned to slot it with.

These days, I'm more likely to make a new build, rather than respec.

I would love to be able to just move slots around because that is mostly what I am doing unless I swap out a power.  This would be great.

call it Reslot!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/20/2021 at 7:36 AM, Bionic_Flea said:

I've usually spent so much time tweaking in mids that I have it memorized, and then I still have it open in a window next to me, and I still mess up a lot and backtrack... and then I see something I want to change in the order I take the powers, and backtrack again.  And then after I'm done respec'ing I change my mind and respec again.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow