Your New Year's Resolution: Move to the Rogue Isles

Gulbasaur

The last time I made an attempt to settle down in the Rogue Isles, some putz with sticks glued to his back tried to recruit me for a position as an aide to one of his aides, with no salary, no benefits and no opportunities for career advancement.  The executive management of the organization was incompetent, the officers so busy fighting amongst themselves that inefficiency was rampant, the product research and development team was staffed with the worst kind of pseudo-scientists, and the company was moribund.

I'll stick to freelancing in Paragon City.  The pay isn't great, but the people are nicer and the career path is upwardly mobile.

• Haha 5

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

43 minutes ago, Luminara said:

The last time I made an attempt to settle down in the Rogue Isles, some putz with sticks glued to his back tried to recruit me for a position as an aide to one of his aides, with no salary, no benefits and no opportunities for career advancement.  The executive management of the organization was incompetent, the officers so busy fighting amongst themselves that inefficiency was rampant, the product research and development team was staffed with the worst kind of pseudo-scientists, and the company was moribund.

I'll stick to freelancing in Paragon City.  The pay isn't great, but the people are nicer and the career path is upwardly mobile.

funny and well said.

Q- what if you were simply infiltrating said organization for an entirely different or heaven forbid, your own agenda?

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

The best thing about The Isles, for me, is that Recluse is an honest Evil Overlord (tm). He won't lie, cheat, steal, or try to BS anyone into anything. 'I'm not evil...I simply feel that I'm the best qualified ruler on Earth so why shouldn't I take the job?'

He even institutes his hiring/training program KNOWING that it might enable someone to overthrow him! And if they can, well then they're more fit to rule than he is...right?

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/30/2021 at 11:25 AM, Troo said:

Q- what if you were simply infiltrating said organization for an entirely different or heaven forbid, your own agenda?

The appropriate application of forensic science, iinterviews with various people and other investigatory approaches obviates the need for infiltration in most cases.  When infiltration is required, it should be performed by someone... more suited to the task.  Someone other than me.

Besides, Arachnos bases are constructed from sheet metal and chicken wire, so it's not like they can hide much from direct observation.

• Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

F-ing tourists are ruining the place.  Next thing you know they will be gentrifying Sharkhead and asking Krylov to stop giving the mission to kidnap Paragon citizens for live Vahzilok vivisections...

Edited by Snarky
  • Haha 2

On 12/30/2021 at 8:38 AM, Luminara said:

If the place is such a moribund mess then why are Paragon City heroes so busy quaking in their boots over it, huh? 

Nyah!

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

12 hours ago, Luminara said:

Toxic DoT.

Hey, Denver gets that too!  Shame we don't actually have any decent regulation to avoid that.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 12/31/2021 at 11:08 AM, Luminara said:

The appropriate application of forensic science, iinterviews with various people and other investigatory approaches obviates the need for infiltration in most cases.  When infiltration is required, it should be performed by someone... more suited to the task.  Someone other than me.

Besides, Arachnos bases are constructed from sheet metal and chicken wire, so it's not like they can hide much from direct observation.

As a contractor on at least one Arachnos building project, I can safely say that a LOT of concrete goes into those designs! Granted, I'm glad that I get done with MY work before the 'ramp and bridge' guys get in!