Positive Gamer No Longer Playing CoH, Very Horrible Story

Solarverse

3 hours ago, Ukase said:

I've got to think this incident occurred a long time ago. Like more than a year. Maybe 2 years. Because the hive caps at 50. You can't have several leagues in the hive, unless each league is only a couple of teams. And that certainly wasn't the case, since he mentioned they zerged Hami. Not unless there were a bunch of nukes & such. 

The Hami raid video was from 6/11/2019.

Edited by Without_Pause
Clarified.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

44 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

Why are we talking about this now then?

To clairify, I was talking about the Hami raid video.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

23 hours ago, Aurora_Girl said:

Doxxing somebody online who doesn't deserve it (which is like, 99% of people) is wrong. 

Actively being a rampaging douchebag online is also wrong. 

Both things can be and are true at the same time. 

Was he doxxed? The OP said almost doxxed.  That is like almost _____ which is to say "it certainly wasn't ______" or "________ didn't happen".  Please don't confuse the two situations.

Now I got to make lunch because I was almost killed by a non-existent energy beam....

Edited by wjrasmussen
err
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

COH bomp bomp: 

22 hours ago, GM Widower said:

I have engaged in a little thread pruning. Don't try to imply other people are nefariously attacking you on reddit or whatever, it just never ends well.

Some game forums have rules about bringing in drama from other websites.  That would be a good rule here.

• Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

COH bomp bomp: 

18 minutes ago, wjrasmussen said:

Was he doxxed? The OP said almost doxxed.  That is like almost _____ which is to say "it certainly wasn't ______" or "________ didn't happen".  Please don't confuse the two situations.

Now I got to make lunch because I was almost killed by a non-existent energy beam....

I suspect I wasn't clear. I don't give a flaming dog shit about the original post or literally any "gaming streamer" on YouTube. 

The points that I made in that post you quoted are made in a vacuum. Doxxing is wrong. Being a douchebag is wrong. Both can happen simultaneously. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

1 minute ago, Aurora_Girl said:

I suspect I wasn't clear. I don't give a flaming dog shit about the original post or literally any "gaming streamer" on YouTube. 

The points that I made in that post you quoted are made in a vacuum. Doxxing is wrong. Being a douchebag is wrong. Both can happen simultaneously. 

Ah.  So do you feel you went off topic?  What was your reasoning for putting it out there?

Just to let people know:  I think murder is wrong.

Something like that?

• Thumbs Down 1

COH bomp bomp: 

He said that he switched to streaming on Twitch about a year ago. So here's what I think really happened:

1. He found out that he can make money on Twitch streaming other games.
  2. He decided to stop playing City of Heroes so he can spend more time streaming games that make money.
  3. His followers repeatedly asked him why he no longer plays City of Heroes.
  4. So he made this video where he blames "the community" for his no longer playing City of Heroes.

• Thumbs Up 3

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

1 hour ago, wjrasmussen said:

Ah.  So do you feel you went off topic?  What was your reasoning for putting it out there?

Something like that?

I'm thankful you got your "being purposely obtuse" meter filled today. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

Not sure why anyone would watch this guy anyway. If all his streams where like hamidon one where he doesn’t know what he’s doing and is just dumb lucking through everything with his freak show, it would get old. It’s a shame, there is a place for someone to do this if they did it right.

• Like 2

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

55 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

He said that he switched to streaming on Twitch about a year ago. So here's what I think really happened:

1. He found out that he can make money on Twitch streaming other games.
  2. He decided to stop playing City of Heroes so he can spend more time streaming games that make money.
  3. His followers repeatedly asked him why he no longer plays City of Heroes.
  4. So he made this video where he blames "the community" for his no longer playing City of Heroes.

Not agreeing with you, but in his Hami raid video he talked about streaming Minecraft. Needless to say there is way more potential in streaming that versus CoH.

I can't image streaming something for two years seven days a week unless it was my literal job. I'm pretty sure my wife alone would have words for me. Burnout was going to happen. Hell, there are days I log in for 5 minutes, check the auction house, and the log. The video honestly feels weird to go on about the stuff which includes something which happened roughly 18 months ago as part of why you are done but not really with CoH. He even says he has the urge to play but just not stream it. It would be telling to see how much he stopped streaming in general or if it was just CoH. I do agree it looks like he "led" the raid like he "led" his SG.

• Like 5

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

2 hours ago, wjrasmussen said:

Something like that?

murder is not always "wrong"  For instance in war or when sanctioned by a government for real or perceived wrongs against society.

Also...Vamnpires have to eat.  

Seriously.  Judgmental and incorrect.  Tsk Tsk

Edited by Snarky
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

2 minutes ago, Snarky said:

murder is not always "wrong"

No. Killing is not always wrong, murder always is.

The definition of murder is "killing without justification."

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

2 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

+ premeditation.

• Thumbs Down 1

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

I am not sure where this thread is going anymore, but I am going to keep watching.
popcorn+gif+9.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Σαυτὸν ἀρίθμησον πρότερον καὶ γνῶθι σεαυτόν,

καὶ τότ᾽ ἀριθμήσεις γαῖαν ἀπειρεσίην.

2 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

No. Killing is not always wrong, murder always is.

and here is the thing...speaking as a vampire...you will always find some who say the killing is justified, and always some who say it is not.   so....pick your side and it is justified.  there are many many examples of this

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

6 hours ago, wjrasmussen said:

Some game forums have rules about bringing in drama from other websites.  That would be a good rule here.

This thread was not about Drama, it was about saying farewell and making a point that harassment is unacceptable...and since that harassment happened on this server, it was relevant. The only drama between the video and here, happened right here, on this forum.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, Nyghtmaire said:

+ premeditation.

Once again, no. Murder in the first degree is with premeditation. Murder in the second degree is without premeditation, but it's still murder.

*sigh* I can't believe I'm having to explain this to adults. Do they not teach any of this in school any more?

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Solarverse said:

This thread was not about Drama, it was about saying farewell and making a point that harassment is unacceptable...and since that harassment happened on this server, it was relevant. The only drama between the video and here, happened right here, on this forum.

Do we know for a fact that the story is true?

COH bomp bomp: