Can anything solo LRSF/Miss Liberty TF?

1 hour ago, DarknessEternal said:

Those HamiOs are kind of expensive.  Anything capable of soloing the content to get them?

Yes.

Not me with my builds, but others have done so. Hell, I probably could solo the MLTF with my shield/nrg tank if I dumped all my self-imposed rules and leaned on ultimate insps, warburg nukes, base buffs, etc, etc.

Bet someone out there has figured out a solid way to dual/triple box it without breaking a sweat.

Yeah, quite a few of the speedrunners have done it at this point.  It is recommended to chug a lot of inspirations to make it happen solo, regardless of AT.  I've heard Confuse stacking may work to solo LRSF without much inspiration usage, but I've also heard it takes hours to do it that way.  Honestly if you want Hami-Os, you should just attend Hami raids unless their schedules don't work for you.

But let me tell you a funny story.  In April 2020 my speedrunner friend @Elmyder attempted to solo MLTF on his Fire/Fire Blaster by emailing himself a hundred super/ultimate inspirations beforehand, and he got to Lord Recluse in a pretty good time.  However despite all the inspirations, he was unable to kill the towers before Recluse would hit him on a 10% chance and kill him, forcing him to go through another batch of inspirations.  Eventually he had eaten all the inspirations in his email and decided to give up instead of emailing himself more.

Hearing this, I decided to prank him by quietly soloing MLTF on my Tanker, which is a bad AT for speedrunning.  The time it took me to get to Recluse was pretty miserable, but I was able to slowly kill the towers one-by-one by taunting Recluse away from my lore pets and popping team inspirations to keep them healed.  It took several lore and many temp summons but I eventually defeated Recluse by keeping his aggro off of them, and I posted my terrible time of 80+ minutes to Elmyder's Discord and jokingly claimed that I had the best solo MLTF time on Everlasting.

Elmyder refused to let this stand and the next day he went at it again with another email full of inspirations and managed to clear it in under an hour.  It was a lot of effort and inspirations spent but it was totally worth the joke.  We still sometimes meme about Tanker% speedruns today, based on the various reactions people had to it.

Edit: Oh hey I found the screenshot, the run was actually done in 70 minutes.  Hurts my eyes to see me using the near-default UI:

294830db6d4a.thumb.jpg.fc8b3da271cce6a5a5b9550ac6c8c369.jpg

42872d8b5.jpg.36ab31d0a59c495aeaed3f1e6cb25954.jpg

Edited by Veracor
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

@Veracor - Veracor, Bio/TW Tanker on Everlasting.

Everlasting raid leader, Hamidon main tank, iTrial main tank -- hit me up if you have questions!

1 hour ago, DarknessEternal said:

Those HamiOs are kind of expensive.  Anything capable of soloing the content to get them?

While this goes against the 'solo' aspect, it is far easier to get a HO by joining a regular Hamidon raid in the Hive. The Abyss variety is a little more tedious, but the few times I've done that it has been with other (fewer) experienced players. The random draw of the HO can lead to misery no matter the circumstances.

I would guess that the MLTF would probably be the most annoying because of the towers and Lord Recluse. I don't do this sort of content solo because I simply find it tedious to wear down AVs and GMs.

4 minutes ago, Veracor said:

and I posted my terrible time of 80+ minutes to Elmyder's Discord and jokingly claimed that I had the best solo MLTF time on Everlasting.

Dude... my solo max-diff no insps/temps ITF run on my sentinel took over three hours. An 80 minute solo MLTF is awesome! 🙂

Side note: update your sig line from time to time. I'd like to watch what happens when you ding 100000 vet lvls.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Veracor said:

Elmyder refused to let this stand and the next day he went at it again with another email full of inspirations and managed to clear it in under an hour.  It was a lot of effort and inspirations spent but it was totally worth the joke.  We still sometimes meme about Tanker% speedruns today, based on the various reactions people had to it.

To make sure I get the proper bragging rights, I completed it in 31 minutes :) 

As you can see from the screenshot, 100 inspirations in my email was insufficient, needed character item insps from super packs. I realized the only way to do this speedy enough was to cap def/res and melee towers. 

image.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Elmyder said:

To make sure I get the proper bragging rights, I completed it in 31 minutes 🙂

As you can see from the screenshot, 100 inspirations in my email was insufficient, needed character item insps from super packs. I realized the only way to do this speedy enough was to cap def/res and melee towers. 

image.png

Solo that's amazing speed! The fastest Ms. Liberty TF was done by a team in 12 mins, 29 seconds. Link: 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

18 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Solo that's amazing speed! The fastest Ms. Liberty TF was done by a team in 12 mins, 29 seconds. Link: 

Thanks!

I'm assuming you mean fastest i27 run? This run is i26 and therefore not on speedrun.com anymore. 

• Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, Elmyder said:

To make sure I get the proper bragging rights, I completed it in 31 minutes 🙂

image.png

Your UI scares me more than trying to solo Libby's Rogue Isles Roadtrip.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Resident certified baby

32 minutes ago, Redletter said:

Your UI scares me more than trying to solo Libby's Rogue Isles Roadtrip.

The idea is to reduce eye movement between my power trays, health bar, stats monitor window, inspirations, and target. I find it easier to focus when playing when I can see everything that matters for combat in a smaller portion of the screen. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

37 minutes ago, Elmyder said:

The idea is to reduce eye movement between my power trays, health bar, stats monitor window, inspirations, and target. I find it easier to focus when playing when I can see everything that matters for combat in a smaller portion of the screen. 

Your HUD would make Iron Man jealous.  Then again maybe not since he'd understand there's some necessity in actually seeing your target...

Edited by Mezmera
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

13 minutes ago, Mezmera said:

Your HUD would make Iron Man jealous.  Then again maybe not since he'd understand there's some necessity in actually seeing your target...

That's what custom target keybinds are for :) That said, I run an ultrawide now, which affords me quite a bit more screen real estate than then. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

17 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

And folks wonder why I think insps storage in email should be verboten... regardless, that's awesome.

I'd be on board with at least making it impossible to claim anything from emails while inside missions.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 hours ago, Andreah said:

I'd be on board with at least making it impossible to claim anything from emails while inside missions.

Why would you want to take away people's fun? 

The spirit of CoH is for players to feel powerful.  Remember, this was the game designed for 3 minions to be a challenge.  Then, when players started soloing half a dozen bosses, the devs just shrugged and said ok.

• Thanks 3

PUGs generally always finish in under 25 minutes.  Sometimes quite a bit faster.  And they form pretty quickly as well.  Solo's not the way to go. 

But more important than that...  only some of those HamiOs are expensive.  You don't get an expensive one every time you do a run.  I've never done the math, but I usually take the merits.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

3 minutes ago, DarknessEternal said:

Why would you want to take away people's fun? 

Using a work around to get virtually unlimited access to something that is not intended to be an unlimited resource is literally meeting the definition of game breaking.  

Do I care?  Not in the slightest. 

But IMHO, anyone who objects to GM's fixing an obvious exploit deserves to be disappointed.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

17 hours ago, Elmyder said:

Thanks!

I'm assuming you mean fastest i27 run? This run is i26 and therefore not on speedrun.com anymore. 

two impressions from this 

1. wow elm/vera finally have another alt 

2.  very impressive run in 8 mins 53 seconds how many times is it repeatable?  or how many runs till it happened? 

1 hour ago, Shred Monkey said:

Using a work around to get virtually unlimited access to something that is not intended to be an unlimited resource is literally meeting the definition of game breaking. 

6 hours ago, Andreah said:

If the game were balanced around inspiration use, sure - but it isn't. But I suppose while we're at it we could just make players unable to claim any character items while inside missions too. And let's be real here - with the multitude of ways to very quickly get to one's SG base and back to a mission inspirations are functionally infinite anyways. (And before anyone brings it up, I'm aware the new difficulty tiers partially or completely disable inspiration usage - those settings were designed to provide an actual challenge and are entirely optional. A blanket ban on claiming email attachments in-mission is neither a challenge nor optional.)

EDIT: In response to OP, though - if you're trying to come up with a character that can solo the MLTF because you think Hami-Os are expensive, you're going to lay out a whole lot more inf building that character than you'd spend on the Hami-O's. For the vast majority of builds a 50+5 dual-aspect IO provides 99% of the enhancement value as a level 50 Hami-O for significantly cheaper. As a current example, a level 50 Microfilament (end/travel) runs 40 million inf and provides a 33.3% enhancement value. A level 50+5 Quickfoot end/run is 1 million at buy-it-now prices or 200k if you're patient, plus another 5 million for the 5 boosters which totals 6 million inf for a 33.1% enhancement value. Sure, if you really want to squeeze every bit out of that slot and you spring for a level 53 Micro it'll run you 150-160 million for 38.3% enhancement value, but is that 16% boost worth paying 2500% more?

Edited by macskull
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

3 hours ago, macskull said:

If the game were balanced around inspiration use, sure - but it isn't. But I suppose while we're at it we could just make players unable to claim any character items while inside missions too. And let's be real here - with the multitude of ways to very quickly get to one's SG base and back to a mission inspirations are functionally infinite anyways. (And before anyone brings it up, I'm aware the new difficulty tiers partially or completely disable inspiration usage - those settings were designed to provide an actual challenge and are entirely optional. A blanket ban on claiming email attachments in-mission is neither a challenge nor optional.)

EDIT: In response to OP, though - if you're trying to come up with a character that can solo the MLTF because you think Hami-Os are expensive, you're going to lay out a whole lot more inf building that character than you'd spend on the Hami-O's. For the vast majority of builds a 50+5 dual-aspect IO provides 99% of the enhancement value as a level 50 Hami-O for significantly cheaper. As a current example, a level 50 Microfilament (end/travel) runs 40 million inf and provides a 33.3% enhancement value. A level 50+5 Quickfoot end/run is 1 million at buy-it-now prices or 200k if you're patient, plus another 5 million for the 5 boosters which totals 6 million inf for a 33.1% enhancement value. Sure, if you really want to squeeze every bit out of that slot and you spring for a level 53 Micro it'll run you 150-160 million for 38.3% enhancement value, but is that 16% boost worth paying 2500% more?

I would venture to say the only reasons those particular Hamis are so expensive is the speed run crew. 

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

3 hours ago, macskull said:

As a current example, a level 50 Microfilament (end/travel) runs 40 million inf and provides a 33.3% enhancement value. A level 50+5 Quickfoot end/run is 1 million at buy-it-now prices or 200k if you're patient, plus another 5 million for the 5 boosters which totals 6 million inf for a 33.1% enhancement value. Sure, if you really want to squeeze every bit out of that slot and you spring for a level 53 Micro it'll run you 150-160 million for 38.3% enhancement value, but is that 16% boost worth paying 2500% more?

I really wish someone had pointed this out to me before now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/2/2022 at 10:57 PM, Elmyder said:

Oh I wasnt actually picking on you, I have friends who speedrun and other sorts of competitive gaming, Im keenly aware that absolute command over the information being supplied you is directly tied to how you can afford to play, since that meta feedback is crucial to these things.

It's funny because Im a baby who looks at number streams and my brain turns to the same mashed potatos the game's code is made from.

• Like 1

Resident certified baby