Say a thanks? Share a memory!

GM Xellx

Thanks so much for all the effort you've put into this.  I'm still downloading the client, but just looking through this list and seeing screennames of people I remember from so many years ago is bringing a flood of memories back!  You all are supremely awesome!

#RepeatOffendersForever!

Some of the best times of my life were in this game, playing with my fellow Contingency members on Defiant were some of the best gaming experiences I have ever had.

I am proud to once again play CoH!

My favourite memory was the NCSoft Community Managers encouraging player feedback. The devs would also frequent the CoH forums and ask for feedback (they knew how to handle the neckbeards too). When a call was put out (shortly after the Badge system was introduced) for a title and description for the "200 badges collected" achievement/badge. Yours truly came up with the Trailblazer (title and description). I'm going to be working hard to earn that badge again.

Hats off to the entire team.

Like many here CoH has been part of my life since Beta and has seen me through some rough times.

I lost contact with my CoH family on Victory over the past three years but for the past year I've been trying to find them like long lost relatives.

I feel I have a shot and reconnecting now.

Not only that but I now have an opportunity to share with my two toddlers (who are huge superhero fans) a genuine joy of mines.

I can't wait!

I definitely want to give a big thank you to the team who made this game return possible.  And playing it reminded me of both why I loved it, and what could have been had the game been more like this.. and less being taken over by Greedy Corporations that ran it into the ground. 

I'll never forget what even got me heavily into the PVP Portions of the game.  I was trying to get in, but didn't have a headset.  So it was making it hard for me to participate.  Then, one day, I received a package.  And in it was a Headset, broken slightly, and a set of CoH Bumper stickers.  All sent to me from a developer or community manager.  I still have 1 of those bumper stickers to this day.  If it hadn't been for that developer/community manager, I might not have gotten so engrossed in the game and might have stopped playing a lot sooner.  So again.  I say Thank you for this gift.

I want to say a heartfelt THANK YOU to the team who brought us Homecoming.

To be able to return to the beloved CoX world - to hear the music of Atlas Park as my toon returns from smashing some hellions, to claim her well-deserved rewards from her contact - to be living in the community once again, rather than just re-living the memories - to participate in a TF again with great, fun folks - this all means more to me than words can say

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+100 for the Homecoming team and their outstanding work.

I remember running sewer trials on Justice back in the day, got it down to a fine art.

My younger, cooler Brother and I spent so much time in Paragon City, from Beta all the way up to shutdown, and to have access again is a gift beyond measure.

I wish I could do something to express my thanks more than just post; but until then, THANK YOU!

Thank you so much. This game came out in a very bad time in my life and got me through a lot. It means so much to me to be able to run in Paragon again.

The buildings are lost

In their limitless rise.

My feet catch the pulse

And the purposeful stride.

I feel the sense of possibilities,

I feel the wrench of hard realities.

The focus is sharp in the city.

I don't remember when it was specifically, but it was shortly after the Rikti War Zone revamp, as dropship raids had been a recent addition to the game.

Our supergroup leader was a pretty well-liked figure in our group and our coalition, but wanted to step down and retire the character.  We'd concocted a huge group event involving a Rikti attack on our base, complete with a near-complete base teardown while we filled it with piles of rubble.  As far as our RP circle was concerned, the boss had died in the attack, getting everyone to safety via the teleporters before blowing up the base to take down as many troops with him as he could.

I'm not sure if it was us or a coalition mate that set the space up, but we converted a room to a funeral parlor.  Plenty of people - myself included - gave speeches to pay their respects.  Afterwards, we rallied together the biggest group we could muster to take to the skies and drop as many dropships as we possibly could - complete with many of us temporarily switching our costumes around to bear the boss' iconic eyepatch.

That moment was one of the big defining events for my at-the-time RP main, spurred a number of other characters to their own stories, and here, years later, is the inspiration for the first character I ended up making on Everlasting.

I'd say Blinding Strike was a legend, but... after that?  I guess he still is.

Thanks for the memories, kiddo.

Thank you for returning a smile to my face

No lie i have been down lately but this defunked me like nobody's business.  I remember my original Fire/Kin Controller and getting asked to bring her on task forces.  AAAAh the memories..

Thank you so much for bringing back CoH

I missed this game!!

The weekend it shut down I was in the hospital begged the doctor to come home so I could play LOL

I had 50's multiple on every server can't even begin to remember all the names but THANK YOU!!!

I really hope the Devs see this

You’re giving a dying man great joy. A heartfelt thanks is certainly in order.

From 2005-2010, CoH was something that my wife and I had lots of great memories in. I became friends with my brother-in-law that lived across the country. We played as family.

In 2010 we had our first child. Free time became a coveted luxury. The game was shut down before we had the freedom to return.     

In 2015, I was diagnosed with ALS. My progression has been slower than most and, though I’m restricted by my disease, I get to play! I get to team up with my BIL again. I get to play with my kids. I get to let the creativity flow.

Most importantly though is seeing the happiness and respite you’re giving my wife. Her life is daunting. After an 8 hour work day, she comes home to take care of 2 children and her disabled husband. Her free time is precious. Watching her stress melt away as she boils with laughter and enjoyment is a blessing of immense proportions. Thank you.     

OMG City of Heroes is back....all I can say is Homecoming was a excellent choice for a title because that is what it feels like...I Am Home!

City of Heroes was my refuge from the world from launch until it shut down and to have it back is beyond words! To everyone would made this possible Thank You you have no idea how much it means to me (or maybe you do or you wouldnt be here ether!)

Is there anything I can do to help keep the lights on and the server hamsters fed and wheels turning....I would still pay $15 a month for this lol.

Thank You Thank You!