Settle an Age Old Question: Achille's Heel Proc in Sleet/Freezing Rain, yay or nay?

oedipus_tex

Targetted AoEs are awful for proc'ing in my experience. Better off slotting for the debuffs, if slotted at all. I like having Ice Storm, Sleet, and Blizzard up every other mob, so I slot for rech and acc, and that's about it. 

Edit: Actually, I guess I am misremembering, I used them as slot mules.

Image.thumb.JPG.3b84f91210100e77baa946efdf7bbe7b.JPG

Edited by Glacier Peak

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Edit 1 - to point out that Bobbor below pointed out that the formula to use should have been the pseudopet one, not the taoe formula.  I'm leaving the below as is but no need to "well akshually" this, I see the error.

Edit 2 - I did a little more digging, was curious why I saw the line for "you reduce your targets (sic) damage resistance temporarily" so frequently.  I found a solo mob and I saw the line repeat itself 8 times for one mob.  So the number of times it shows up in the log seems to be meaningless, at least for determining how many mobs were affected by the proc.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I have my own calculator but it's not public so using Macskull's (found in his sig) and inputting parameters from CoD2 and my own typical slotting for local recharge, I get around 65ish percent chance to go off.  I've pasted the table for transparency so errors can be pointed out.

PBAoE/TAoE/CONE
Radius 20 ft  
Arc 360 degrees  
PPM amount 3.5    
Activation time 2.03 seconds  
Base recharge 60 seconds  
Recharge slotting 75.00% in Pines/Mids  

Chance to proc 65.18%    

Curious if this seemed reasonable, I went to TV for the mega spawns to see if 65% "smelled" right.  Here's what I got from one spawn:

image.png.1ef8a42214a94838a145dbff5f71e270.png

Note - this is NOT a formal analysis.  I hit up 3 spawns and saw similar results where "a lot" were affected by the proc.  Enough so that I'll buy the 2/3 chance number.

Does that make it worth it?  Only you can determine what's worthwhile for you.  I certainly put it in the "if you've got a slot for it go ahead" category.

Edited by Hedgefund
  • Thumbs Up 1

I can't imagine a case where I would not slot the Achilles.  It would have to be a build so incredibly tight for slots that something else is better for me than a proc with a good/high chance of popping that increases the damage of all my other powers and those of my teammates for the next ten seconds.

EDIT:  realizing that this is a pseudopet, I need to revise "good/high" to "decent".  But I'm sticking with my conviction.  If I've got enough recharge and accuracy, what else am I gonna use slots for?

Edited by Yomo Kimyata
  • Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

It's about an 18% chance to proc, but you do get 2 proc opportunities (once at summoned, then again 10s later). A better way to think about it might be the number of targets it'll proc on. On average it'll be about 1 out of every 5 targets get hit with the proc. If that's worth it to you, then I'd say go for it.

Edited by Bopper
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

4 minutes ago, Bopper said:

It's about an 18% chance to proc, but you do get 2 proc opportunities (once at summoned, then again 10s later). A better way to think about it might be the number of targets it'll proc on. On average it'll be about 1 out of every 5 targets get hit with the proc. If that's worth it to you, then I'd say go for it.

Interesting. Is the proc rate tied to the recharge of the power itself, or is it based on the pulse rate of the child power the rain has? Dominators get a version of Sleet on 90 recharge, wondering if proc rate varies based on this or if its locked at the same values for all ATs.

Also, any chance you could check on proc rate for Water Spout? I think all versions of it are APP powers. I think all versions have 180 base recharge.

Edited by oedipus_tex

6 minutes ago, oedipus_tex said:

Interesting. Is the proc rate tied to the recharge of the power itself, or is it based on the pulse rate of the child power the rain has? Dominators get a version of Sleet on 90 recharge, wondering if proc rate varies based on this or if its locked at the same values for all ATs.

Also, any chance you could check on proc rate for Water Spout? I think all versions of it are APP powers. I think all versions have 180 base recharge.

It's a summoned pseudopet, so it uses the same formula you would use for toggles. PPM x 10s / 60s / mAF

• Like 2

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Thanks Bopper. So for Water Spout, I think its got a radius of 9.5. Does the math below look correct? 

Area Factor:

(1+(9.5*0.15))  = 2.425

Proc rate:

3.5 x 10 / 60 / 2.425 = 24%

Doesn't look worth it. On the other hand I've occasionally slotted knockdown procs in Water Spout as a byproduct of slotting purples there and definitely seem them proc, and I suppose a 24% chance to knock every few seconds stacks reasonably well with WS's already okay-ish knock rate.

Edited by oedipus_tex

2 hours ago, oedipus_tex said:

Thanks Bopper. So for Water Spout, I think its got a radius of 9.5. Does the math below look correct? 

Area Factor:

(1+(9.5*0.15))  = 2.425

Proc rate:

3.5 x 10 / 60 / 2.425 = 24%

Doesn't look worth it. On the other hand I've occasionally slotted knockdown procs in Water Spout as a byproduct of slotting purples there and definitely seem them proc, and I suppose a 24% chance to knock every few seconds stacks reasonably well with WS's already okay-ish knock rate.

You're using the actual area factor, not the modified. It's a 10 ft radius, so the mAF is 0.25 + 0.75 x 0.15 x 10 = 2.125.

The pet lasts 30s so you'll get 3 proc chances with it, but max tgts hit is 5. So at best over the live of the pet you'll only be able to hit up to 15 times with each proc. At least with sleet, max tgts is 16 and it gets 2 chances to proc 

22 hours ago, Hedgefund said:

I saw the line repeat itself 8 times for one mob. 

Just for clarification this is a known bug.  It's spamming that line for each damage type for some reason.  It will show up in the log eight times for every target it fires on.

• Like 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.