intangible/unhealable characters

Currently, any Grey in a health bar denotes how much "absorb" HPs the character has.  So something a little different may be needed.  Also, the player who is intangible needs to see their full health as they may want to eat some greens while they wait to become tangible again.  But yeah, something to denote their tangibility status would be handy.  Perhaps fading the character bar in the team window? 

11 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Doesn't something like Intangible or the self inflicted debuff of using Absorb Pain (as examples) create a buff/debuff icon in the team or pet UI?  Not against the idea just curious (it's getting to be span since I was able to get ingame).

Yep. But yeah obviously buff/debuff icon bars are an absolute clusterfuck and nobody should be expected to be able to scan the team for a lone icon in the second or two they have to react to things. Some variation of this as well as an indicator of mez status is a good idea.

Agreed.  As someone who has a whole mass of Empathy defenders (as in 8 at 50 and nearly one paired with every Blast set between here and Live) it's definitely a challenge and neither my reflexes or eyesight is what it used to be.  Typically I'm focused on those icons primarily watching for either missing/blinking buffs and for debuffs to show up.  But anything that would simplify the visual clutter is welcome.  And deciding who to heal with what is more about watching the health (and end) bars than the aforementioned icons at least in an urgent fashion.  Perhaps something like "intangible" in red (similar to how "Blinded" shows on your own icon window) getting stamped over the bar would work.  Bonus points if this was somehow customizable ... while my Empaths would love the details my Cold defender and scrappers aren't typically too worried about such things and more flashing, blinking text and  icons is just more stuff to look through for them.

13 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Doesn't something like Intangible or the self inflicted debuff of using Absorb Pain (as examples) create a buff/debuff icon in the team or pet UI?  Not against the idea just curious (it's getting to be span since I was able to get ingame).

On large teams, that can be one tiny icon out of dozens.  This would generally be a nice feature to have since, for example, teammates who use a self-rez can't be healed for a fairly notable duration after getting back up, even though the self-rez likely leaves them short on HP.

On 4/10/2022 at 10:14 PM, Communistpenguin said:

Can we make it so when a player is intangible or otherwise unhealable, their name/health bar in the team  roster becomes grey instead of green/yellow/red?

Good idea is good.

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Gear Fox (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Brainwasher (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute)

Like how teammates in different "phases" of Atlas Park are greyed out?  Yes, please!  Can't tell you how many times I've gone to heal an untouchable ally and done nothing (or been healed after casting Absorb Pain).  This is even more common now that Teleport grants a brief Untouchable period after you arrive.

Edited by Akisan
Fixed typos

• 4 weeks later

It would be nice to have an option in the options menu to only show teammates' buff/debuff icons if:

1.) The buff is something you cast on the character
or
2.) The debuff carries a magnitude of some kind of CC

or

3.) The buff (or debuff) prevents you from targeting the character

Kind of the ideal "support profile" for things to see and things to not see, you know?

That being said, if the same greyed-out visual is used for Intangible characters as is currently already used for characters on a different mission-state phase of the same map, I don't think that would hurt readability much either. In the case of a double-up of the visual (an intangible character in a different mission-state phase of Atlas Park than you are in), you still couldn't target or affect them anyway.

Honestly, I don't think there'd be much confusion between Absorb (covers part of the name/HP bar) and this sort of untouchable (entire bar goes grey.) It's fairly distinct in the phased-out sections mentioned before.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

On 4/10/2022 at 11:15 PM, Doomguide2005 said:

Well yeah but in a UI full of tiny vauge icons that take way too much effort to get any useful info out of, it's not terrible useful.