Give me the option to not see pet names

Levelling a support character, I found it much easier to find the player I want to heal/rez/buff by only displaying hero and villain names when selected or on mouseover. Now that I'm doing endgame content, that is being ruined because I don't have the option to do the same with pet names. I've attached a screenshot from a mothership raid to demonstrate. It's not that hard to find the targeted toon, but imaging doing it if they were in the center of the screen among all the pet names and healing numbers while everything is in motion, and on top of that needing to do so quickly to prevent needing a heal to become needing a rez. 

All I can do in the option screen is swap between the custom pet names and default pet names. I would very much like to also have the options available for other names from the reticle portion of the windows options tab.

busy.png

Ok i looked at your screenshot closer to figure out what you meant.  So you have HP bars turned on all the time but player names off and you look in your field of view at the health bars to see if someone needs a heal?

Thats totally fine if thats how you want to do it but im gonna have to go with EmperorSteele and just use the league window to target people for healing.  That overwatch view does help with knowing that someone will be in range when you click them but the faster reaction speed through the league window probably makes up for having to press 'f' if they were out of range.

Im not opposed to being able to turn the names off though for screen clutter reasons.  Let us turn off green heal numbers too,  holy crap they are some real spam when a league is fighting.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, EmperorSteele said:

You know you can target allies through the list on the left, right? Just play whack-a-mole with hp that way; it's fun!

You know regrowth's cone always goes off in the direction I'm facing and doesn't turn me towards the target, right? Neither does my ranged AOE heal that needs to be dropped near them.

I'm not targeting them off the screen, How would I even do that with player names not normally visible? I need to know where they are to give them that heal.

11 hours ago, TheZag said:

Ok i looked at your screenshot closer to figure out what you meant.  So you have HP bars turned on all the time but player names off and you look in your field of view at the health bars to see if someone needs a heal?

That's not what I do and wouldn't work anyway with the pet names displayed. The heal bars over heads are purely to tell PCs from NPCs. Look closely at center of the picture and you'll see that pet names cover up the health bars over the character. I am targeting off the league screen, because I have to. That's why it's expanded like that. If I could turn off the pet names and see all the heal bars, I wouldn't need to target ANYTHING. My heals in the Nature pool are a facing cone and a location AOE. The only reason to target someone is to see where they are on my screen to see where the heal needs to go.

Instead the game forces so much noise on my screen that it's as functionally worthless as if everything outside of windows and trays was black and displayed nothing. That I need to press 'f' to give the game control of my character because it won't show the information I want is a kludge at best.

busy2.png

On 4/30/2022 at 12:44 AM, Random Axis said:

You know regrowth's cone always goes off in the direction I'm facing and doesn't turn me towards the target, right?

Click name.

Tap F for follow. It will face you towards them and bring you closer.

Hit Regrowth.

(Not against the suggestion, just saying this'll help. I know other heals automatically face you to the target. I've run a lot of emp and pain during raids.)

Edited by Greycat

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

On 4/29/2022 at 10:44 PM, Random Axis said:

I wouldn't need to target ANYTHING. My heals in the Nature pool are a facing cone

Pop a range enhancement and move farther bar behind people.  Or float above targeted down, hits a lot of targets.

Your other opton is to just spin like a clock hand and hit the power bewteen recharge, animate, than rotate.  Your basically carpet bombing hit point bars.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

10 hours ago, Six-Six said:

Isn't there an enable/disable switch in Options>windows>pets>show other pet names? That should do it.

I checked, and unless I'm missing something, the only option I saw was to show the generic pet names or the customized ones players may set - not a "don't show pet names at all" option like we have for other players...

I don't recall there being an option for your Own pets beyond just closing the pet window. While your own powersets may be directional, the pet's powersets (upgrades) are generally targets.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)