Secondaries that Pair Well with Fire Blast

00Troy00

I've a Fire/Nature I quite like and tends to be my TinPlex character.

The three buffs makes the team tankier (in ways even IOed up to the gills teammates like) and gives the team a long  buildup/conserve power buff.

After that it's pretty hands off and lets you focus on Fire Blasting. Downside is that it really doesn't like Mez (I've Rune and Clarion). You've 3 toggles which count as offensive. Even the one which drops a heal patch. It's the annoying bit of Nature 

• Like 1

Fire's lack of secondary effects means you'll probably want some extra forms of mitigaton on your support set, especially if you plan to solo.  Anything that can help you survive attacks will be a big help.  I say /Time is great at this since you get the defensive combo of Time's Juncture and Farsight, along with Distortion Fieid providing periodic holds and two powers that will heal you over time.  Plus all those buffs you have are great on teams.

Can also go with /Storm.  Excessive knockdowns from Gale, Freezing Rain, Tornado and Lightning Storm help keep things from attacking you as often. Good defense buff with Steamy Mist, lots of extra damage from Storm's effects, and Hurricane's repel can be really good if you know how to use it (which I personally don't).  Freezing Rain is also a very potent resistance debuff for all your fire damage and tornado/clouds.

I would also add /Dark.  Fearsome Stare is an amazing power with a large cone Terror and -ToHit.  Shadow Fall is more defense, Tar Parch is great for killing, Howling Twilight doubles as a crowd stun on minions, the Dark Servant acts as a secondary debuffer that heals and further cuts enemy accuracy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

My Fire/Time is a beast. You need to pick Power or Soul for your epic so you can combine Farsight with Power Buildup or Power Boost (which will come close to soft-capping your defense).

If you looking for straight-up damage, you can't go wrong with Fire/Kin.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender

Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper | Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel

My next corruptor project is a Fire/Cold. This is reputedly a top-tier combination for team play. It may be challenging to solo (though of course I'll try).

I'm debating whether to go Fire/Cold/Dark or Fire/Cold/Mace. The Fire/Cold/Dark would have softcap M/R defenses. The Fire/Cold/Mace would softcap S/L/E/R defenses and take the Medicine pool for Aid Self.

the wellest pairing is /psi

the second most wellest pairing is /energy

/psi to stay ranged and push +rech enough for perma psyche, access to another cone and/or a PBAoE

/energy for maximum single target

46 minutes ago, Bastille Boy said:

Is this advice for blasters? Psi and Energy aren't corruptor secondaries.

yeah thats the problem with the highest thread being highlighted off to the right for all AT boards.

well OP check out fire/trick arrow.  anything from glue arrow + rain of fire to rain of fire+oil slick is fun

• Thumbs Up 1

/kin.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Confirmed, Fire/TA is fairly awesome; biggest problem is fitting all that power into one build.  In theory you can proc it to the gills, but I favor going for Ranged Def bonuses as all the AoEs with their DoT tend to draw some heat back towards you.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

Fire Blast is going to remain overpowered no matter what you pair it with. 

But of course the best secondaries are still the best. Kin, Rad, Cold, Time, Storm, TA, Nature…

Edited by arcane

Only corr I’ve got to 50 is fire cold. It’s pretty fun. Two rain powers are cool. Ice shields are great but some teams high level don’t need them or won’t stay still long enough to apply both. Still good lotg mules either way lol. 

I have maybe dozen or so Corruptors at this point including fire blast on a fire/cold, a fire/kin, and a fire/poison. All work extremely well.

My other Corruptors include water/storm, elec/kin, dp/time, arch/ta, ice/dark, elec/dark, water/cold, rad/storm, and a psi/rad.

Corruptors work extremely well and can pair with almost anything. Fire blast is great on a corruptor. The only corruptor that hasn't really won me over has been the one we archery primary (trick arrow is amazing), but that's because I compare it to things like my ice/dark or fire/poison.

It's hard to mess up a pick with fire blast. Maybe avoid force field or sonic (as if you want it, it works all around better on a defender).

• Thumbs Up 1

Mine is Fire/Thermal as I like the support aspect of Thermal.  He's a wonderful addition to any team (if I do say so, myself) 😆.

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

On 5/3/2022 at 8:50 AM, Carnifax said:

I've a Fire/Nature I quite like and tends to be my TinPlex character.

The three buffs makes the team tankier (in ways even IOed up to the gills teammates like) and gives the team a long  buildup/conserve power buff.

After that it's pretty hands off and lets you focus on Fire Blasting. Downside is that it really doesn't like Mez (I've Rune and Clarion). You've 3 toggles which count as offensive. Even the one which drops a heal patch. It's the annoying bit of Nature 

/agree... kind of a unique and fun pairing, and Nature is a nice force-multiplier especially when already a /cold or /kin on the team.