Blunders and brain farts.

Luminara

I've been respecing characters for a week, making refinements, trimming fat, and I finally worked my way around to my human-form peacebringer yesterday.  I ripped Luminous Detonation out and put Cross Punch in its place, swapped Maneuvers in where I had Stealth, and away I went to test!  Surprise, my endurance bar was emptying out in the middle of fights.  Not unexpected, since Light Form was recharging in 80.something seconds and cutting my blue bar in half, but I thought I'd accounted for that.  I had the Panacea proc slotted in one of the heals and kept smacking Reform Essence after LF crashed, expecting a little bump to my endurance, and it wasn't.

After using every respec I had on that character, and the last two I had stashed, shaving off a little +Recharge in favor of a bit of extra endurance and recovery, dropping Maneuvers, juggling attack slotting to reduce endurance consumption as much as possible, and even shutting off Weave, the one Defense toggle I run on that character, I finally noticed that I had the Panacea set slotted in Essence Boost, not in Reform Essence.  Face, meet palm.

I'm running scanner missions and vigilante tips with my Dark/Martial dominator, and I finally come to the vigilante morality mission, The End Justifies the Means.  I've done this mission numerous times already, so I know what to expect.  I run in, Dominate up, Link Minds and start going ballistic on everything that moves.  I clear my way to the final section of the map, barely tolerating Ghost Widow's attitude when her dumb ass falls behind and she goes all pretentious on me (really want an optional objective to smack the crap out of her for being such an overbearing twat), jump into Doc Quantum's spawn and unload the kicking and screaming and throwing things.  And, quite abruptly, none of my attacks are working.  I'm using every attack I have, I pop Heart of Darkness in a panic because I think my Internet connection might have dropped, and I actually am screaming at this point (more like one continuous AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH) as I hammer away at my attacks...

After about 90 seconds of AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH and 21345321513421254, I realize DQ's HP bottomed out and the entire spawn turned neutral before I'd defeated half of the Longbow surrounding him.  Head hanging ensued.

Legionette is one of the few characters I have with which I'll eagerly run Malta missions.  With a Recovery stat 5.31 endurance/second, I don't sweat Sappers, and Rise to the Challenge can push my regeneration up to 1204%, which is a HP tick every second (ever so slightly less than a second, in fact), so bring on the Gunslingers.  I check the police scanner, find a Malta mission and jump at the opportunity.  Sprint straight to the first spawn, which is conveniently tucked away in one of those side rooms in office maps.  Perfect, I can use the doorway to control the spawn's approach and the engine's limitation of NPCs not being able to pass through each other to force them all to stand in my cones!  I position myself just outside of the room, hugging the wall next to the door, aggro the spawn...

And promptly face-plant.  Double you tee eff.  That's not supposed to happen.  That is not supposed to happen!  I didn't even defeat anything before I hit the ground!  Rassasassafrassa frickafrack mugnugget frugglewump!

I did that two more times before it occurred to me that the doorway was blocking line of sight.  Which meant Rise to the Challenge, a PBAoE with a small radius and line-of-sight requirement, wasn't doing anything to debuff their ToHit or buff my regeneration.

Doctor Who, an idiot with a box and a... | Spockvarietyhour

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

I really enjoy it when a Guardian drops a Quartz, and I run away because I know that I am a dead hero walking unless I get away from that auto-hit machine, and I peek around the corner to see if they are following me, and the one piddling Devouring Earth who threw a rock at me from 100 yards away knocks me flat out and kills me because it doesn't matter if the Quartz is with me, only that it is within range of the dastard who threw the rock.

No, I got that entirely wrong.  I don't enjoy that at all.

• Haha 2

Who run Bartertown?

Was Tanking for a group of friends one time. One wanted to see my costume before a mish so I dropped all of my toggles. We then enter the mish, I run into the first mob and immediately faceplant. Woops.

• Haha 3

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

Pos1: Look! There’s Doc Buzzsaw! Get her! (brute rush up stairs, fight a little, plop). What the hell? Ahhhh…I see…um…you guys are down there are dealing with the ambush…okay…um…(several other teammates bars go black)….oh, uh…sorry about the additional incoming. I’ll just…lay here…ahem…

• Haha 2

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

4 hours ago, GM Crumpet said:

loving this thread so much 🙂 

"See?!  I told you these guys on the forums are idiots!"  🙂

11 hours ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

Was Tanking for a group of friends one time. One wanted to see my costume before a mish so I dropped all of my toggles. We then enter the mish, I run into the first mob and immediately faceplant. Woops.

This always happens to me after I've exmepted down and had to say goodbye to a lovely couple of toggles, then join a team more my level and forget to turn them back on.

• Thumbs Up 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Yesterday I got in a right mood. I just rolled Justice Bee and wanted to take fly before bed. I had very limited time. Only I chose the tier 3 primary instead. Could I get any mission with enough mobs in, or mobs at all to quickly get to bed? Could I find an easy AE arc for a lowbie? Noooooooo. So I had to reroll and spank mobs in Atlas to get back to level 4. Not making that mistake again!

• Like 1

Almost always miss that after any of the personal story or disguise missions, that you are left afterward with all toggles off, has been unpleasant on many an occasion.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

Anyone capable of using a powerful sniper rifle with a little foresight and accuracy.

I wanna see her block a .50 BMG round coming in supersonic from outside her field of vision.

Her head will make like a watermelon at a Gallagher concert before she ever has a chance to hear the shot.

*SPLAT**BOOOOOM!*

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

On the other side of the Brain fart I mentioned above, about half the time while doing the Faultline missions, " investigate hero bases ", in a Arachnos Disguise, I forget that I need to turn off my Taunt Auras or they will see through my disguise and attack anyway. Only missions with a disguise I recall that leaves your power sets in place, and I still find a way to screw it up, lol. It is actually weird seeing a Crab Spider doing animations for some of the Melee Sets.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X