More Team Transporter Options

Would it be possible to add some different Team Transporter Vehicles? I base a lot of my toons on various in-game factions and I think it would be cool to have some alternatives to the Longbow Chaser or Arachnos Flyer.

Some fun ones that come to mind:

Skyraider Sky Skiff

Nemesis Horse

Nemesis Mole Machine

Rikti Ship

Golden Roller

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

Each version would need to be its own power. I think the current version gives you the transporter based on whether you are a villain/rogue or a hero/vigilante, so that determination is easy. The new additions would not be so easy to incorporate into the existing power and so would likely need their own neutral/specific faction version of the power. (The devs are free to prove me wrong. I really don't mind being wrong. If this can be implemented more easily, then please.)

If there are multiple versions of Team Transport to accommodate this, they would need to share the timer. Otherwise, you could just buy every version and just TT all over the place to your missions.

32 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Each version would need to be its own power.

Are you sure about that? Power Customization does exist, and you can customize some powers that are not primary/secondary/Power Pools.

I don't know either way, just saying.

Also, I have a few toons that would love to have the Nemesis Mole Machines pop out of the ground.

• Like 1

What this team needs is more Defenders

12 minutes ago, Psyonico said:

Are you sure about that? Power Customization does exist, and you can customize some powers that are not primary/secondary/Power Pools.

I don't know either way, just saying.

Also, I have a few toons that would love to have the Nemesis Mole Machines pop out of the ground.

*face palm* Good point. I forgot, sorry. See? There was a simpler way to do this than I anticipated.

If I could get the Nemesis horsies for my Group Fly, then maybe people would stop complaining about it!

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Nope. Considering how often group fly makes my MM's pets stop doing anything, like at all, I will never be happy about being affected by it. And I'm willing to bet that if people forget to hit up Null to disable it from affecting them, group fly will still make them upset too.

28 minutes ago, MoonSheep said:

great idea, a wormhole would be fun

That'd be hilarious, the whole team goes POOF and then rag-dolls down outside the mission door.

• Haha 3

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 6/12/2022 at 5:09 AM, Six-Six said:

Incidentally, the Arachnos Flyer has a mini fridge and much better leg room while the Longbow Chaser smells of cats.

Pretty sure both red and blueside all smell of cats, what with all the cat-girls running around.

Edited by Clave Dark 5

Go have fun!

• 4 weeks later
On 6/11/2022 at 12:38 PM, Rudra said:

Each version would need to be its own power. I think the current version gives you the transporter based on whether you are a villain/rogue or a hero/vigilante, so that determination is easy. The new additions would not be so easy to incorporate into the existing power and so would likely need their own neutral/specific faction version of the power. (The devs are free to prove me wrong. I really don't mind being wrong. If this can be implemented more easily, then please.)

If there are multiple versions of Team Transport to accommodate this, they would need to share the timer. Otherwise, you could just buy every version and just TT all over the place to your missions.

It actually gives you the vehicle appropriate to the zone you're in! Rather, your "current / temporary alignment." When a Vigilante is in a red-side zone, they become "treated as" a villain for certain game functions -- not badges or alignment powers, but more in terms of forming teams and, yes, which vehicle model Team Transporter gives you. The same goes vice/versa for Rogues in blue-side zones. It's the same reason why you have to actually put your Vigilante in a red-side zone before the game will allow the villain team leader you found on the LFG chat to send you the invite for the strike force.

That being said, powercust would be a great place to put this, yes. Ideally, with one or two 'faction-neutral' options. Perhaps a random car model of the types spawnable on city streets, or an unmarked plane/helicopter. Some people have a car but definitely not the ability to call in a favour from a lore faction.

Edited by Aida LaCanthe

Thank you, but if you read my comment, I basically said that. I thought it was based on the character's alignment, but zone alignment still falls under that category. My concern in that post was that the proposed team transporters are not keyed to anything, so I figured they would need to be their own power. @Psyonico then reminded me of power customizations. Which would still require the power to be modified to lock in the player's choice, but would also be much simpler to deal with than my original expectation of different powers that share a timer.