What is your most fondest or favorite memory of COH?

Mine was meeting in real life, members of the SG I was in. We had people from all across the country that headed to Greensboro, Nc. One member used to run a internet cafe there and we played on T-1 speeds on new

Alienware Pc's. Also got hooked on Burn energy drinks lol.

Blessings.

James.

Blessings.

Too many to name here also.  The one that always comes to mind first though I when I was on my bubbler, hanging out at the Hollows entrance

passing out bubbles when a tanker and a rad defender came into the parking lot leading the entire Hollows mobs.  Back when there wasn't

any caps.  I had a couple screenies on a old laptop that since has left this mortal coil.  I was fun watching all the low level alts attacking the mobs,

with the rad and I buffing and debuffing as needed.

Another one was the first time a 5 column mob morphed in a War Wolf.  Damn near pissed my pants when then.

My fondest memory is - . . . uh, I don't know if I'm allowed to actually share it.  Since this isn't a paid service with certain rules to adhere to other than "don't be a terrible human being," I kind of wonder where stories involving certain degrees of sexual content land in relation to The Line.

I suppose, suffice to say, the game gave me confidence enough to pursue real world experiences that have been incredibly emotionally rewarding.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hitting 50 for the first time. It was on my Empathy/Electric Defender - Fixxer. I was playing late that night and when I hit 50 I remember screaming (ok saying loudly).. "YES!!!" My husband was sleeping in the next room (Our home office was next door to the bedroom) - he got up and asked me what was going on.

When I told him I hit 50... he got a little jealous because his main character was 48. So he stayed up and we played for a few more hours until he hit 50.

Fixxer was always my main character even though I ended up with several 50+++ characters. Fixxer is also the first character I created on this new server (albeit he is Empathy/Fire on Torchbearer and Empathy/Ice on Excelsior).

All of the RPing was the favourite moments but also running through striga being followed by a load of warwolves because I hadn't turned the Aura of Taunty doom off on my Fire tank. My uncle, a stone tank, was trying to taunt them off me so I didn't die but they wanted that firey hunk of meat! It was hilarious.

Trying to do all 4 of the Shadow Shard TFs in 24 hours with 7 other crazy Heroes on Defiant. I still have a video and demo files from it somewhere.

Also doing Task Force Saturday, just so I could get all the badges for each Task Force.

Awesome Times

@DBeaver - Saving Paragon City since 2005

The one that really sticks in my mind was logging in in the middle of the first Rikti invasions and rounding up a load of low-level heroes in Atlas park so my level 35-ish emp could help keep them all alive.

Another fond memory was getting lost in Perez Park.  I don't know how it happened, but I remember one of the Taxi bot heroes coming into the forest to find me and rescue me, because I was waaaay too low level to be in there.  :-[  I was a pretty new player at the time.  Then, a few months later, the same guy had to come and help me escape a higher level zone that I managed to get stranded in too.  And again, I have no idea why I was there or how I got stuck, but he was very nice about it.

Also, on Defiant EU people liked to go to Atlas and announce new level 50s, which was pretty cool.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pink Champagne (Emp/Rad)

Guide of Misguidance (Dark/Regen)

There are so many wonderful memories associated with the game that it's hard to pick a favorite. But if I'm forced:

My first experience with the game back in open beta. I saw a link to the beta sign up and my thought was "Well, this looks silly. Still, it won't cost me anything to try it. I've got some time to kill..."

Within my fist hour, I had decided I'd found my new home. It hooked me in that fast.

While this memory in itself doesn't have much emotional weight of its own, it is the one without which all of my other great times with the game wouldn't have been possible. A simple whim on something that didn't really interest me, but I had some time to waste. God, I'm glad I "wasted" that time.

• Like 1

Also, on Defiant EU people liked to go to Atlas and announce new level 50s, which was pretty cool.

I dinged my first 50 in Atlas on Defiant. It was around 2am and no one was around, but that was a nice memory too. Thanks for reminding me of that one :)

@DBeaver - Saving Paragon City since 2005

Getting flight (not hover) for the first time *smiles* I flew around Atlas City for an hour and when my kids and husband got home I made them watch me do it before I would let them eat dinner.  I was so happy with that because it made me feel more like a super hero in the game.  And in in runs, I remember never touching the ground no matter how much it would drain the bar (and I was the healer).  I had flight and I was dang sure going to be flying all the time.  Those where the days back then :)

• Haha 1

When I first hit 50 on my Scrapper. I was a Claws/Dark Melee Scrapper, after they nerfed claws in like i2 I think Claws/Dark really sucked. I played a lot of alts so it took forever to level, I thought 50s were like...the real heroes. I saw them with their amazing powers, the Controllers with armor tripped be out, even if it really didn't do too much it looked crazy! When I got 50 I went to atlas to do my lvl at Ms. Liberty, I did it and the messages FLOODED with people congratulating me, I had in game friends messaging me and I remember just how awesome it felt to have people around me for that special moment. 50 doesn't seem like a big deal anymore, but for me it sure was special the first time.

It would have to have been when I took my level 50 Warshade out and powerleveled some random players for free for the first time. I knew I could do it because I'd finally finished crafting all the Enhancements to reach Perma-Hasten levels, meaning I'd have Perma-capped resistances, full heal every 5 seconds, and could clear a full spawn up to Lt's with three attacks.  But the thing that made it amazing, was having someone say they had "never seen a Warshade do that before."  That was the moment I felt like I'd really made something I'd never thought I could.

Man, I'll miss a little kitten.

The Arctic Air power from the Ice Control set.

I am 41 years old. I've been gaming since the 1980s. No game has ever given a me a power like Arctic Air.

Ice Control, for good reason, is not considered a top tier Control set. At best, its serviceable. It has low damage, no ranged hard mezzes other than a trash AoE sleep power, and a mediocre pet.

But it does have Arctic Air. Every crazy, non-sensical,what were the developers even thinking moment of Arctic Air.

For those not familiar. Arctic Air is a PBAoE toggle that has a 30% chance to Confuse and 50% chance to cause Fear (the old kind that sends enemies running--but it's also a Slow, so they run slooooowly). Both mezzes are short in duration, and AoE itself isn't that large.

The net result is a squishy character with almost no defense trying to survive at close range with heaps of mobs. Just typing about it doesn't translate the experience completely. For a supposedly "passive," power you have to think every moment about your positioning.

I've played Ice Control to 50 more than any other set. I think I had 4 lvl 50 Ice Control characters on Virtue (Controllers: Ice/Thermal, Ice/Rad  Dominators: Ice/Fire, Ice/Energy). And now I'm playing Ice/Kinetics on the new servers.

I've seriously had dreams about this power for years. I even designed a Torchlight 2 mod (the Theolentist class if anyone is inclined to look for it) that was similar.

Turning that power back on for the first time in 7 years gave me chills. Pun intended.

• Thumbs Up 1

When i first fell in love with my Tanker Class. One of my Guild Lieutenants took me to a high level zone as a sidekick and led me to where the Capo's were, I had a Super Strength Tank and the SOUNDS of the battle between me and the SS Capo SMASHING each other to smithereens just sent my heart through the roof!!! I was FOREVER hooked at that point! Then they dropped CoV and though i thought nothing could surpass my Tanker Love, the Robotics Master Mind QUICKLY changed that theory!! I...LOVE...PETS, and that GIANT Assault Bot was Love at first sight, and I've never looked back!!

Another fond memory was getting lost in Perez Park.

Getting lost in Perez Park was a very common experience.

Once spent over an hour trying to find the way out.

As for memories it was with my Main (Electric/Electric Blaster/Blapper) in the Werewolf zone.

Tank would go and round up dozen of Werewolves and I would power up and fire off my major power.

All you could see were the petty numbers  as dropped nearly every single Werewolf, than the Alpha's that were still up would come right after me.

I would run around and the rest of the group would drop them.

Them the tank will go and around up the next group.

Soooo many memories, but most of them involve just creating new characters.  For an altoholic, CoX is the absolute WORST game to getting a character up to the highest level since inspiration keeps hitting and cause one to spend hours in development and low levels, just to delete the character to try and rebuild them in a new style.

The biggest victim of this was Emerald Shillelagh, a St Patrick's Day inspired Tanker (weapon name acquired from the Hibernians of Dark Age of Chamelot) who has had a LOT of various incarnations of powersets and costume variations over the time frame of the game.  He's used Super Strength, War Mace (especially when weapon customization came in), Street Justice, Invulnerability, and Willpower, and many times repeated.  When I recreated him here, he ended up being a Rad/Rad Brute Praetorian (mostly to try out the powerset).

I kept recreating him because I liked the theme and when I told my sister, she laughed in enjoyment of the name, so he keeps sticking, right after my Handle, Bludd Quartz (who has only seen one alternate recreation here, and I may switch him back).

Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

They called me crazy? They called me insane? THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

The thing that epitomizes City of Heroes for me above everything else comes from an ITF where a mother and her five-year-old son were on our team, with the kid carrying his weight in the fights, and the mom said that CoH was the only online game that she had no qualms about letting her son play unsupervised, because of what the playerbase was like. And in every other MMO I've played, there is a visible level of vitriol in the chat channels, the official forums, the reddits, and where open-world PvP is enabled, a population of yahoos whose sole metric for how skilled they are as a player is how fast their level-capped character in best-in-slot gear can gank characters fresh out of the tutorial area. It's a sad reflection on other MMOs.

I remember my first time playing this game. It was back in early 2008. I saw it on a shelf in Walmart and decided to buy it. I had no idea what a MMO was at the time. When i saw i had to dish out 15 bucks a month to play I almost returned the game. At the time I was mainly a console player and that was unheard of for me. But I decided to give it a go and started a new character. Hyper AI, a inv/em tank.

I wasn't too happy with my costume and asked around for a way to change it. I was told to take the tram to Steel Canyon. As I ran down the street the amount of purple enemies was staggering. I died at lead 5 times trying to make my way to the tailor. While hauling ass from a particularly mean looking high level mob I used the jump pack power I obtained from a code that came with the game to flee from another trip to the hospital.

I ended up high up on a building in Steel Canyon and low and behold someone was on top of the very same building. It was some sick looking guy with a cloud like aura surrounding him flying up above looking over the city. He was a level 50 illusion storm controller. We started chatting and he showed me all of his insane level 50 abilities. I was in awe. And the fact that I just happened to run into this guy by chance blew my mind. I was used to one player console games so this whole experience was so very new to me.

After the light show he proceeded to invite me to his team and somehow blessed me with the ability of flight. He guided me to the tailor and bid me a fond farewell. That was it. I was hooked. I played this game religiously until its closing. So many fond memories, good times and friends were made during those years. I so glad to be able to enjoy this great game once again.

• Like 1

Second year of the Winter Event, Christmas Day (maybe eve?).    My husband had a roast in the oven, so we decided to do a family run of the story arc.

Right before we started, received a tell from a character asking to join the team.  We normally didn't bring on random players, but in the spirit of the holiday, decided to send an invite.

A few missions in, we all ascertained that it was a kid, perhaps junior high age and they were adorable.  We decided to let them know that we were a family, and the kid thought it was the best thing ever.  Told us that their dad sometimes played with them, but not much.  Talked about how much fun it would be to do missions as a family. 

When they had to leave, they politely thanked us for the team and said it was the most fun they ever had in the game.  I never forgot and wished that I could have told their parent what a lovely kid they had. 

-Thinks her favorite memory was from City of Villains - Bruting it up with a SG group doing a mission in the .. Shadow Shard? area?  Recalls there being a massive, massive Nemesis group practicing maneuvers, and the mission required going around them to steal something, which the group did!  Also recalls flicking on Invincibility and diving headfirst into the middle of the massive, massive Nemesis group while everyone else said "Kariena no" but she said "Bark!" and just started wailing on all the things!  Alsoalso remembers being very happy to have survived the monstrous melee, even if the rest of the group went down.-

-Found this to be the best of times.-

Disregarding various RP sessions (RP not ERP thank you very much) one of the moments that even now, years later, brings a smile to my face is an incident on my Elec/elec Tanker on a max slider difficulty Freakshow mission with my Sonic/Sonic Defender friend. Large cavern and utterly /filled/ with +3 LTs and Bosses and minions. Splash damage eventually killed the defender leaving just me. I shruged and just kept at it. And kept at it. And kept at it. Some 10 minutes later my friend was still laughing on the floor as I was still standing and fighting. We tell people that Rei (my Tanker, Alpha Rei) took on all of the Freakshow.

What made it even better was that Rei was part of a background concept group of characters across the SG as Crey genetic experiments who just don't give up and won't be told what to do. So standing alone in a cave facing 'hundreds' of Freaks to keep a fallen friend safe and pulling it off? Straight up their ally.

I didn't have the presence of mind to screenshot it, but somebody accidentally dropped a bit of presumably private erotic roleplay banter into one of the global badge channels. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

There are so many but I will mention hitting level 40.

Before they evened out experience gain in later issues certain points were tough to pass playing solo. For me it was between level 35 and 40.

It was a slow time and friends were busy and all the PUGS seemed to be low level sewer farms. Usually this wouldn't bother me but I had "used up" all of my available contacts and was only lv 38 so couldn't do missions for the new ones. I set myself to doing radio missions in Brickstown and must have done 3 safeguards before I hit 40. I had fun learning the zone's nooks and crannies as some of the instance doors are in very weird places.

Other memories:

- dying on my way to the tailor to change my ugly costume.

- getting stuck on buildings or war walls waiting for my jump pack to recharge.

- landing my jump pack in a mess of ghosts in Talos and getting sent to hospital and later landing on Kraken in Perez park and surviving.

- clearing all debt by street cleaning mobs - this "penance" kept me focused on survival and not getting debt in the first place. It worked - when I didn't attack groups of purples.lol.

-getting ambushed by a warwolf INSIDE the train station. I was calling a contact and - as usual - I got a Council ambush. The police bots didn't get them all. Players arriving on the train were surprised.:)