The True North Strong and Free

Nayland1971

Despite not being from Canada, I actually know who Wilfred Laurier is - from playing Civilization.   🙂

Edit:  And I know what a 'two-four' is from Bob and Doug McKenzie on SCTV, although it's not hard to get from context.

Edited by Ironblade
  • Thumbs Up 2

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

3 hours ago, Nurvus said:

What's his main weakness?

Poutine, I'd say.  Well it's certainly a weakness for me, and I'm not even Canadian.

• Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

9 hours ago, Nayland1971 said:

That stuff has enough gravy to lube the crankshaft of a bus! Kills heroes from the inside!

Which is why I'm surprised it has not become ubiquitous here in the US Deep South.  Fried food with drownings of gravy on it are life down here.

2 hours ago, Techwright said:

Which is why I'm surprised it has not become ubiquitous here in the US Deep South.  Fried food with drownings of gravy on it are life down here.

Like Canadian Tire, Curling, and Wayne & Shuster, some things were just not meant to make it south of the 49th.

• Like 2

I love this guy and want to introduce him to my sister.

• Thumbs Up 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

On 8/1/2022 at 1:00 PM, Techwright said:

American ego.  They can't claim it was made in the USA, so they pretend it doesn't exist.

Poutine is good but have you tried sausage gravy and biscuits? It's clearly the superior foodstuff.

• Like 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

3 hours ago, Krimson said:

A lot of people have no idea how this sketch came to be. At the time, the show was being filmed in Edmonton where I lived at the time. When the show moved to the CBC, there were demands for "Canadian Content", on a show filmed in Canada with a cast of Canadians. So... Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas made a "set" from one studio, used a single camera, and just let it run. The scenes where they are drinking beer and cooking back bacon... They really did that. They just let the camera roll and did whatever they wanted, and the best bits got used on the show. Later when the characters they made as a mockery ended up being the best part of SCTV, the set got upscaled a bit. Not sure if they ever got a second camera, and no hope in hell of a crane shot, much to the lament of Johnny LaRue. 

I knew one of your character names sounded familiar!

image.png.f85d92b75f3f96068ba6d1730f51e6bf.png

14 minutes ago, Krimson said:

Amusingly, I made that toon on Everlasting and she had the name Loonie. But when I transferred to Excelsior, it was taken. So yeah, she became Canadian Content. 

It had always been a goal of mine to be in a group with Captain Canada, so that was also cool. Red & white spandex everywhere!

image.thumb.png.a0e4319fae6e6098ba3a0ee5bd6aabdf.png

Edited by Nayland1971
  • Thumbs Up 1