Is Email Safe INF Storage?

Alphabet Soup II

I have 4B on my market toon and right now use dead bids to store money but is email a safe storage option? Can't I send myself a couple 1B emails and let them sit or should I fear they will disappear or something?

Yep it's perfectly safe, just make sure that you put @Murcielago in the recipient row.

Base storage and e-mail are both held together by the coding equivalent of string and duct tape according to Leandro.  They are generally safe, but can also fail unexpectedly and catastrophically for any number of reasons.

I use both to store my stuff, but I tend to store influence on characters.  I would be upset to lose a few IOs, but I would be REAL upset if I lost billions.

I have 4B on my market toon and right now use dead bids to store money but is email a safe storage option? Can't I send myself a couple 1B emails and let them sit or should I fear they will disappear or something?

send some of that for me to keep.

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

I generally just send half a billion to an alt every time I reach 1.5B on my marketeer. The long lowballs I've set in move so slowly I don't really need to hold on to more than a billion in cash at a time as a couple of hundred million is enough to run the day to day operations. Consequently my active alts hold at least 500M each which makes it convenient to grab an IO set or whatever else I might want without having to transfer it over.

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

Also how do you have 4b INF on one toon when the cap is 2b INF?

OP mentioned dead bids. So huge bids on level 53 Hami-os would be my guess.

That's what I do. I favor putting a bid for 10 HOs at 100million each, it stores 1billion in a single slot and is easy to manage.

Defender Smash!

That's what I do. I favor putting a bid for 10 HOs at 100million each, it stores 1billion in a single slot and is easy to manage.

Excuse me if I don't understand this... if you put a bid in for 10 HO's and someone sells one, won't you automatically buy it? Or are HO's no longer being produced yet you can still bid on them?

Yeah. Basically HOs and IOs in the level 51-53 range exist as items in the market but aren't obtainable in game so no one can sell them to me. Historically a few level 52 HOs did exist on live but they were items generated by bugs so the handful that existed were mostly collectors items.

Defender Smash!

Another such "safe" item might be Disciplines, which are in the market solely because there were still some floating around Live from the days before they were replaced by Break Frees, but shouldn't exist in this new server.

Unless there's some way to actually get Disciplines now...

If you liked what I had to say, please check out my City of Heroes guides!

Oh wow, didn't know there was a cap. Nice to know.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

I like to keep the INF on one toon because it makes it easy to know what I have, it feels more lavish to have a ton on one toon, and I can spend more easily. If I want to throw 1B out on lowballing purples 10 at a time, and then spend 500M on Winterpacks I can without having to move money around.

Excuse me if I don't understand this... if you put a bid in for 10 HO's and someone sells one, won't you automatically buy it? Or are HO's no longer being produced yet you can still bid on them?

They don't exist in the game except as an item to be bid on. You can't actually obtain them from playing the game, so you can put in a bid without ever buying anything. Thus storing however much inf you bid. I used this method on live to store over 20 billion influence.