1. Garbage
  2. For Animation Only
  3. Joke's On You
  4. Set Mule
  5. 1.848 Seconds Of Life You'll Never Get Back
  6. Idiot Identifier
  7. Tits On A Boar

screenshot_220821-18-26-04.thumb.jpg.852e7665922da38aa9e709f9ef520467.jpg

As can be seen in this screenshot, Provoke hit.  Twice.  The critter was Taunted, kept running, Taunted a second time, and it not only didn't stop, it ran right out of visual and targeting range.

screenshot_220821-17-58-05.thumb.jpg.2c0603e41d8b30d2b9cb13edf81e164e.jpg

Here it is again.  Provoke hit, critter just kept running.  This one didn't stop running until it reset and moseyed back.

These powers don't work any more.  People have been complaining about excessive panic flight behavior in critters for a couple of years, and nothing's been done to fix it.  It's reached the point of obviating an entire game mechanic.  Clearly, there's either no desire to address the problem, or no capability to do so.  The solution, then, has to be to change the names of Taunts so players aren't deceived into taking them for combat purposes.  Give them names which appropriately reflect their ineffectiveness so it's clear that they're no longer intended to be functional, useful or serve any purpose other than filling a space in a set or pool.

• Thanks 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

18 minutes ago, Luminara said:

As can be seen in this screenshot, Provoke hit.  Twice.  The critter was Taunted, kept running, Taunted a second time, and it not only didn't stop, it ran right out of visual and targeting range.

Please stop shaming the mobs for reacting to your harsh words by attempting to leave the stressful situation rather than react with typical toxicity and escalate.

• Haha 5

I'd just be happy to be able to chase them at a reasonable speed as they jet off to parts unknown, instead of spending that time moving about as fast as a snail caught in a glue trap.... because reasons... or something. >_>

Edited by Coyotedancer

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Luminara, tomorrow you're going to be attacked by the self-appointed Dev Defense Team because you didn't start your post with the magic words, "I know this game is maintained by volunteers and I get to play it for free."

I hope you're ready for that.

• Haha 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

6 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Luminara, tomorrow you're going to be attacked by the self-appointed Dev Defense Team because you didn't start your post with the magic words, "I know this game is maintained by volunteers and I get to play it for free."

Doing so would imply that changing the names of a few powers is a complex, difficult task which would require an enormous investment of time and effort, rather than the simple and easily executed alteration that it is, thus indicating that they have little regard for or faith in our development team's intellectual capacity.

6 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

I hope you're ready for that.

Everything burns - PartyJollof

• Haha 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Yeah.  Seen enemies running with Confront (yup, taken Confront on a Scrapper) and my taunts and taunt auras not working 😕

The worst is when they don't work on the harder targets.  I could likely live with the minions running, but keep the AVs by me!

Well, to be fair, it does. It just doesn't really seem to work with current flight (as in fleeing) mechanics.

Edit: I get @Luminara's frustration. And I hope this provides the impetus needed for mob flight mechanics to finally get the fix it desperately needs.

Edited by Rudra