Just finished two-star ITF and, um.

KeepDistance

The general changes were fine; unbounded nictus, higher base tohit etc. Fights took a bit longer with more EBs and I had a reason to use barrier.

Then we got to the robots. And instantly I wished I'd just stayed home.

The fight wasn't hard. It didn't even take that long. But:

1) it had a cutscene preceding it, which generally annoys me because it's something I'll read maybe once or twice and after that just gets in the way

2) it's all the way back across the map

and

3) this is the big one

3) I'm just going to repeat how much I hated this

3) I CAN'T SEE ANYTHING BUT THE ROBOT'S ANKLES DURING THE FIGHT.

I'm zoomed out all the way, and still. Just ankles, and feet. Maybe those robots look super cool up there, where I can't see them. Maybe they're casting really interesting powers to throw at me. Who knows? I CAN'T SEE IT.

Anyway. We finished the final mission too, and I guess there were changes, but all I could think about was how dumb it was that I had to stab ankles in the previous mission.

Maybe that fight is skippable, I dunno, the team all wanted to see the new content so I didn't even suggest it.

Sheesh.

• Haha 1

Hey, I just did that myself the other day too.  I agree about the ankles, but I've often felt that way fighting any GM, like Eochai or the big red guy in Market Crash.  I'd really like to be able to see them completely, for the orange numbers etc.  But so it goes.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

10 hours ago, KeepDistance said:

The general changes were fine; unbounded nictus, higher base tohit etc. Fights took a bit longer with more EBs and I had a reason to use barrier.

Then we got to the robots. And instantly I wished I'd just stayed home.

The fight wasn't hard. It didn't even take that long. But:

1) it had a cutscene preceding it, which generally annoys me because it's something I'll read maybe once or twice and after that just gets in the way

2) it's all the way back across the map

and

3) this is the big one

3) I'm just going to repeat how much I hated this

I'm zoomed out all the way, and still. Just ankles, and feet. Maybe those robots look super cool up there, where I can't see them. Maybe they're casting really interesting powers to throw at me. Who knows? I CAN'T SEE IT.

Anyway. We finished the final mission too, and I guess there were changes, but all I could think about was how dumb it was that I had to stab ankles in the previous mission.

Maybe that fight is skippable, I dunno, the team all wanted to see the new content so I didn't even suggest it.

Sheesh.

Were they good looking ankles?   Good detail?  Or just enlarged version of the 20 year old MM pets?   I mean, did they bend?  Did they show you doing damage to them?   I need more ankle data here!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

Were they good looking ankles?   Good detail?  Or just enlarged version of the 20 year old MM pets?   I mean, did they bend?  Did they show you doing damage to them?   I need more ankle data here!

Ours got stuck on rock geometry. I enjoyed finally seeing the big hunkametals move but the fight itself was rather a letdown.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Ours got stuck on rock geometry. I enjoyed finally seeing the big hunkametals move but the fight itself was rather a letdown.

Mine were doing something like that?  Like they were trying to climb the rocks or something?  Maybe it was a Grav hold making them float upwards... I couldn't really tell.  But when they got back down, BAM, I think they killed me twice.

• Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 8/27/2022 at 9:06 AM, Snarky said:

Did they have more than two points or articulation.  Barbie Bots?

• Haha 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

Idk I can see them if I zoom out.
** ITF is going to be the new +4. Most teams will roll it a few will be "?" and fail it.
*** is going to be the challenge level
**** is going to be the "Get on Discord, have a speced build" level

The new ITF is absolutely fantastic. I've tangentially looked at Symphony Control and the other stuff, but my friend is super happy to finally have his Ring Mistress costumes! So thanks for that!

• Like 2

If you pull them offshore, to deep enough water, you can fight at their shoulder level.

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

On 8/26/2022 at 10:56 PM, KeepDistance said:

I play Nukems and we set the height slider to the smallest possible scale.  I am always below line of sight in everything, mists, water, small toddlers, learning institutes for ants.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

3 hours ago, Mopery said:

I propose that any future sightings of giant Clockwork ankles be referred to as "Clankles".

Seconded.

Go have fun!