Echo Plaza

KingCeddd03

While it has the sense of a gathering zone or a place to hold events or costume contests, I will have to admit there is very little reason to go there and it isn't exactly advertised as such. It's design screams and feels like a place meant for elite endgame content despite it's a completely safe zone, and most non-vet players wouldn't even know it exists outside of accidentally going there and discovering it and again the vibe screaming it's meant for people that are at the endgame not any level.

I mean a destroyed world isn't exactly inviting for newbs, and there really isn't any documentation in game that says what the place is about.

• Confused 2

I know not everyone goes there, but it is in the wiki.

ETA - do have to admit though I don't even know how to get there myself ha ha.  I been once.

Edited by Clave Dark 5

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

10 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I know not everyone goes there, but it is in the wiki.

ETA - do have to admit though I don't even know how to get there myself ha ha.  I been once.

I think you can get there from Pocket D but the other way is through the TIme Tunnels (aka Boom Tubes) which again is something only people that explore would know about. And I still say the look of the place doesn't really say it's for anyone but endgame players. Appearance can say a lot of things to people, and can dissuade others from it.

Edited by Ravenwulfe
  • Like 1

On 10/13/2022 at 11:39 AM, Ravenwulfe said:

I think you can get there from Pocket D but the other way is through the TIme Tunnels (aka Boom Tubes) which again is something only people that explore would know about. And I still say the look of the place doesn't really say it's for anyone but endgame players. Appearance can say a lot of things to people, and can dissuade others from it.

I would hope more people "explore" in this game, but I dunno, a big flashing sign might help or something?  Maybe just make it accessible from every form of zone transport, even the trams.  Never got the sense it was "only for high levels" though, which wouldn't really rule out too many players, when you think about it.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

1 minute ago, Krimson said:

I'm pretty sure the intention is a Community Event space. My earlier comment sort of addressed why it doesn't get used much:

Players don't care for the lighting. 

Just saying... we already had a safe, neutral gathering place.

32 minutes ago, biostem said:

Wait... does the existence of Pocket D at all invalidate any of what I said?

No.  I was merely responding to the comment that Echo Plaza is a safe, neutral gathering place for players by pointing out that we had a safe, neutral gathering place already.  That does not invalidate any of what you said nor any of the additional observations made by Krimson.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Krimson said:

The Everlasting comment is actually a really good point. Everlasting is the second largest Shard, and Pocket D is used for roleplay there. I won't comment on the quality of Pocket D roleplay other than maybe emphasizing the letter D, but regardless, players use it as an RP space and that should be respected. 

**roleplays in Echo Plaza**

"N-n-n-no.  You take your filthy RP to Pocket D where it belongs!"

3 hours ago, Krimson said:

have you ever SEEN someone form an Instanced MSR in Pocket D?

The way they get run on Excelsior, that's not an issue. The league lead sets up the instanced MSR from anywhere and enters the instance solo or with their core team leads. Then they advertise the MSR, inviting people as they respond. The invitees can be in any zone, and enter the instance as they accept the invitation. There's no pileup in the leader's zone of people waiting for the raid to start, and no having to reorganize the league because the game shuffled the teams when everyone entered at once.

• Like 1