Encrypted clue in story arc

huang3721

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

If you rearrange the letters it says “Nerf Regen”

I got 

Nerf AE

• Haha 1

Forums  - a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

"it will be a forum for consumers to exchange their views on medical research"

Spam Response- Spam, in the context of cybersecurity, refers to any unsolicited and often irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent over the internet. 

4 hours ago, huang3721 said:

I found an encrypted clue in The Tsoo Shenanigans' story arc.

eYFRHHn.png

Has anyone ever decrypted this thing? The clue doesn't seem to be very crucial, since I can complete the arc just fine without solving the clue.

It is probably gibberish due to the fact that the insertion of a numeric string only once (97) means its not a substitution system as there would be more numbers.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, High Beam Prime (someone else has her non OG name)

11 minutes ago, High_Beam said:

It is probably gibberish due to the fact that the insertion of a numeric string only once (97) means its not a substitution system as there would be more numbers.

So there was a deliberate placement!   Now we are on to something!! 

• Haha 1

AH!

I got it!

It says:

" We have been trying to reach you about your car warranty"

• Haha 6

Forums  - a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

"it will be a forum for consumers to exchange their views on medical research"

Spam Response- Spam, in the context of cybersecurity, refers to any unsolicited and often irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent over the internet. 

They probably did not actually bother encrypting it and put in jibberish. However the Wiki reveals in the Mission Text what it says.

Virginia Hoffman radios you...

Do you copy? It's Virginia Hoffman. I got that note decoded. It seems the Tsoo are using that Rage drug to poison the Trolls! The note you found reveals the location of their Rage lab. We need you to get over there and shut it down. Virginia Hoffman over and out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

Loose Lips don't sink ships, giant Praetorian WarWorks robots sink ships.  -- Admiral Sutter

• Thumbs Up 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, High Beam Prime (someone else has her non OG name)

5 hours ago, roleki said:

Brilliant!  But what does âÆòæƥƂ mean?

It looks like something in Cyrillic, which leads to "In Soviet Russia, Car Warranty Reaches YOU."

• Haha 1

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

21 hours ago, huang3721 said:

eYFRHHn.png

A five year old could read this code.  Quick, someone get me a five year old, I can't make head nor tail out of this.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 11/15/2022 at 7:00 AM, roleki said:

"BE... SURE... TO DRINK... YOUR... OVALTINE?"

Really?  Could have sworn it said:

THE HERO WAS BRAVE
AND STRONG AND WILLIN’
SHE FELT HIS CHIN
THEN WED THE VILLAIN
-- Burma~Shave
On 11/15/2022 at 1:14 PM, roleki said:

Brilliant!  But what does âÆòæƥƂ mean?

I can't even type that, and you want me to translate??

On 11/16/2022 at 3:25 AM, Clave Dark 5 said:

A five year old could read this code.  Quick, someone get me a five year old, I can't make head nor tail out of this.

Sorry, he's busy sorting out the errors in the Evil Overlord's plans.

• Haha 3

On 11/15/2022 at 6:29 PM, Snarky said:

it means cut back on the illicit substances just a tad

Hey now, they're getting less-illicit every day.  We're probably only 100 years from them being 100% street licit.

• Haha 1

Anything you can have, we have it.  Even got a devil in the attic.

On 11/15/2022 at 10:01 PM, High_Beam said:

I got it.

The Tsoo used a substitution cipher. Just for fun, try to decipher the message yourself. 

The key word to the cipher system (spoiler):

Spoiler

Plain a b c d e f g h i k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Cipher S E C O N D K Y A F G H I J L M P Q R T U V W X Z

(SECOND KEY)

The message:

Spoiler

The rage labs at our front company of Toshiro Engineering are operating at 97 capacity. We ask that more synthesizers be added so we can increase production.

On 11/16/2022 at 7:29 AM, Luminara said:

Not Tsoon.

I am disappoint.

Ditto. The cipher key does not contain "TSOO." I am disappointed, tsoo.

Edited by huang3721
additional info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 4