Characters for holidays and events

DougGraves

Seeing a bunch of Santa Claus and such around I decided to make a christmas themed character.  I also was inspired by the pilgrim hat to make a pilgrim.

What characters do you  have themed for holidays or other events?  I'm trying to think of ones I might want to make for next year.

• Like 1

For Halloween season, I've made characters based on classic monster types: Frankenstein's monster, mummy, black cat, pumpkin-head, witch, .....

For Winter, I've done more winter/cold themed than holiday themed.  

Usually don't get a chance to level them up all the way, so I let them sit when the season's over until next year unless I'm really enjoying them.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, biostem said:

No earth/earth doms themed after giving out charcoal to all the naughty boys & girls?

Why does everyone see this as a bad thing.  🙂 It was a valuable resource that kept your home warm.  It was originally given in the days of Sinterklass (and before him Saint Nicholas) as a practical gift to those who were naughty as opposed to sweets (or coins) to those who were nice.

• Thumbs Up 2

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, High Beam Prime (someone else has her non OG name)

Mostly just make new costumes for existing toons. But For Halloween a couple years back I did make.........

image.thumb.png.aa9d596bffe18d4cb4a2929431a62c15.png

Sweeney Tots

• Like 1

faceplant.jpg

Torchbearer Temporary Hero-ing:

Experts in - Soil Analysis, Hamidon & Hive Viscera Clean-up, Mayhem Motel Menacing, Advertising Aficionados, Undertaking, Undertaken, and........

Spoiler

The Spanish Inquisition!!!

19 hours ago, Player2 said:

I was inspired by Nightmare Before Christmas to make my own Halloween-Christmas themed character.

I call him Horror Claus, a Dark/Dark controller.

v2REfyF.jpgLJHFrN7.jpeg

Neat but still not as creepy as Elf on a Shelf.

• Thumbs Up 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, High Beam Prime (someone else has her non OG name)

I have a general winter themed outfit that I run as opposed to a Santa suit.  I wanted something different then the 20+ santa clones I was surrounded by when we were testing the ski chalet back in the live days and it certainly stood out among the crowd.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

1 hour ago, ZorkNemesis said:

I have a general winter themed outfit that I run as opposed to a Santa suit.  I wanted something different then the 20+ santa clones I was surrounded by when we were testing the ski chalet back in the live days and it certainly stood out among the crowd.

My santa clone is irradiated for extra holiday cheer.

Holiday Rage

Street Justice / Radiation Armor Brute

KGFoUTR.png

• Like 2

And finally, I have my mutant Electric/Empathy Controller...

X-Miss

11 months out of the year, she has standard color power effects...

8eJwa9K.png9QGn7e8.png

And all this month she'll put on her holiday outfit with snow aura, her power slide will be colored snow white, and she'll be stringing up the electric lights in Christmas colors.

EKnXdTe.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have several, first that leaps to mind for seasonal reasons is Missus Claus.

Her bio: "Goodness gracious, now don't cause any trouble, young people! Be nice, not naughty, so my hubby won't have to leave you a stocking full of coal this year! And please don't give me any aggravation, either. Just because I'm a housewife doesn't mean my work isn't meaningful, or important! So settle down and play nice or I'll have to get my rolling pin...."

She was specifically created a couple of years ago when I discovered that the HC folks had made it so during the Winter Event, all gravity controllers threw presents instead of the usual stuff. 🙂 Her secondary is Time.

screenshot_221203-17-54-28-2.png

For Christmas, generally it's just a themed costume on whomever I'm running at the time, but I did make one guy named something like Pagan Holiday that I tried to cover all the bases with, but I don't think he got past like level 20.  I do have a lot of Halloween-ish toons though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 11/30/2022 at 9:11 PM, biostem said:

No earth/earth doms themed after giving out charcoal to all the naughty boys & girls?

*Cough*The Coal Bringer*Cough*

Sorry, must have coal dust in my throat.

(Created him last year. Well, technically he's a seismic/earth blaster, not a dom.  But definitely into coal.)

2021_12_08_CoalBringer3.jpg.252e3e15cbb422453aa3ac6b21a4f5b4.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

We Nukems have a seasonal costume.  Ear muffs, scarf, Santa boots and gloves with our stylish school uniform.

My favorite for this holiday is Santa's Stunt Double:

(Sorry to break it to you, kids, but Santa doesn't do his own stunts!)

Santas_Stunt_Double-cropped.png

Bio:

Yeah, you see Santa catching a smoke behind the mall? That's me.

You see some movie where Santa gets conked on the noggin? Me.

See Santa swigging from a flask to keep off the chill? Me.

He just delivers the presents. I do the dirty work. Hey, Merry Christmas, know what I'm saying?

Edited by DoctorDitko
bio
  • Like 2

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)