Fire/???

smnolimits43

Fire/Radi

You can 100% skip Cinders because Choking Cloud is 100,000% stronger and more useful and can set up Containment quicker and more efficiently.  And since the page5 patch, Choking Cloud available at level 19.

Thats about it.  Being Kinetics you probably already found out that once you get Fulcrum Shift you stop being a Fire Controller and start being a Fulcrum Shifter because its just that powerful.  You might think your 300% damage boosted attacks mean something but with 7 other human players/purple triangles/bosses you wont even have time to set up Containment in most situations.  But being Radiation Emission on the other hand you are useful from level 2~ to 50.  And no, your speed boosted fire imps wont be able to keep up with human players speed.

Fuck Storm Summoning until the devs add -repel on Hurricane

Unless you are solo, if you are solo no one cares what you do.

• Like 1

Fire/Rad is the old school "death roomba" build. Stun and debuff them, get in close and burn em down with Hotfeet & Choking helping to whittle things down. Stone mastery goes very well here (stone goes well with all Fire builds where you have Hotfeet).

The buffbot version would be Fire/Nature. Same basic idea but you buff yourself and the imps up 1st then Stun / Bonfire them, get in close and burn em down. Imps will love the Absorb shield & overgrowth. Downside is less debuffs. Rad is better on AV fights generally (Nature will be better at keeping you alive, Rad is better at making the AV dead).

I'd be tempted to squeeze Sorcery into either if you can. On Live mezzes, even micromezzes were the bane of my life. Now we have the "offensive toggle suppression when mezzed" thing instead so that may help but I'd still be looking for Bolt, Enflame and Rune.

Dark and Trick Arrow go with basically any primary. Neither much reason to be in close (dark has the PBAoE regen/recovery buff) but neither penalizes you for doing so and both have heaps of -ToHit. My Trick Arrow/Elec defender is happy at point blank range twacking debuff arrows into things. 

Go all-out. Fire/storm. It's one of the few trollers that does actually good damage.

/nature is okay but I don't think it provides all that different a play experience than kin. It's more defensive with less +dmg. Rad is neat and great for superteams, but it's also among the sets that cannot doublestack its -res power. If you want something significantly different - go storm and accept no substitutes.

Edited by Zect

Since you've chosen Fire as a primary, it goes without saying that you have no qualms about setting people ablaze in your pursuit of in/justice.  But have you ever considered the possibility of also knocking them on their ass while you're setting them on fire?  And Fire Imps are great fun while they last, but wouldn't it be much nicer if they were running around with 50+ def to everything but Psi/Tox?  

Try Fire/FF/Primal.  Once it's rolling, it can only be stopped by cutting the power to your computer.  Source:  I just logged in briefly to get the exact numbers on Power Boosted Imp defense, and once I had confirmed it was above 50, I tried to log out and was knocked out of my chair by an unseen force.  That's how much knockdown these things pack.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

1 hour ago, roleki said:

Since you've chosen Fire as a primary, it goes without saying that you have no qualms about setting people ablaze in your pursuit of in/justice.  But have you ever considered the possibility of also knocking them on their ass while you're setting them on fire?  And Fire Imps are great fun while they last, but wouldn't it be much nicer if they were running around with 50+ def to everything but Psi/Tox?  

Try Fire/FF/Primal.  Once it's rolling, it can only be stopped by cutting the power to your computer.  Source:  I just logged in briefly to get the exact numbers on Power Boosted Imp defense, and once I had confirmed it was above 50, I tried to log out and was knocked out of my chair by an unseen force.  That's how much knockdown these things pack.  

Nothing says "Arrest" like "Howsabout a little FIRE Scarecrow?

• Haha 2

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

Don't sleep on Fire/Poison/ Soul or Leviathan.  Running Hot feet and Venomous Gas is END heavy (although you can use Alpha-Cardiac to ease that).  Also pretty easy on power choices as a few Poison powers are skippable.  But with Envenom and Weaken you can make pretty much everyone around you a kitten to be kicked around by your Imps (if you are a villain).  Poison Trap is a great nuke when loaded with procs.

All in all a great Melee type Controller.

• Like 1

If you're going to do any teaming, fire/pain should make for a good combination.  With some extra recharge, world of pain can be made permanent, (or nearly so), and that's a damage, tohit, and damage resist buff for you, your imps, and your teammates!  Anguishing cry makes for a nice PBAoE -RES and -DEF power, you have the heals covered, a rez, an ally mez protection power, and even a single target mega-buff in painbringer, (though it'd probably be wasted on a imp, but if you're solo, might as well).

Edited by biostem

One of the reasons i make Fire controllers/Doms is because of fire imps.  However, i'm thinking of going a different direction.  I just finished watching the Godfather trilogy.  I was thinking of making a Family character whose decided on moving into the legitmate areas.  As such i was thinking of making Gravity/Kinetics.  

• 3 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later
On 2/5/2023 at 3:48 PM, Nemeroff said:

Fire/Time has potential.

(Mine's too low for a pro/con discussion)

They say time is the fire in which we burn...

OP, have you considered Fire/TA?

Edited by Scarlet Shocker
  • Thumbs Up 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

3 hours ago, coggy said:

Just been rebuilding my old FRAD  i had on live and once you hit the higher levels it pretty much wipes most things , really fun wading in and seeing the mobs melt

Fire/Rads are nice.
They're not Tanks.  But they can be nice.
TEAMS of Fire/Rads though.  Katie bar the door!

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!