Quit another TF. And still I laugh.

Snarky

This was a doozy.  Thankfully only wasted a few minutes.  

I need on my little project a Citadel, a Hess, and a Cavern of Transcendence.  I see an ad for a Citadel.  I switch to Blue side and join.  Eating breakfast, grabbing insp from AH.  Not paying attention.  We form.  GO!

We load in.  to +4s.  The lead is lower level that the TF and is set to +1.  No idea.  We fight for a few minutes, die, plan.  Reform!  

When we reform it hits me.  We are standing at Manticore in Bricks.  (I am not a bluesider....but somethings seeeems off)  

I am like "Hey, this was advertised as a Citadel."

"It was a mt"

QUIT.  Not even rage quit.  Just laughing into my mug of blood quit.

• Haha 9

i joined a PuG a few days ago, a high 20’s mish team - the enemies were +5 lol. the lead seemed a bit odd before we even started but we thought we’d humour him by trying

after the team unsurprisingly wiped he blamed us for being “cowboys”.. it was time to leave

• Haha 2

First I felt bad for Snarky.

Then I started to think that maybe he had an aura of bad luck following him around.

But now I think Snarky is the one forming all these messes and then coming on here and blaming someone else.

Its the only explanation I can come up with for how many he experiences.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Doomguide2005 said:

And boy oh boy that's all sorts of fun if you like taking an hour per mob.

Far too many PUG leaders don't seem to understand that lowering to +1 or +2 and clearing quickly can actually earn you more XP than struggling at +3 or +4.

When I try to explain this to them they act like I just suggested they sell their first born child.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

42 minutes ago, Captain Fabulous said:

When I try to explain this to them they act like I just suggested they sell their first born child.

PTSD from Market PvP. By the way, how much? Got a good flip niche for that…

Edited by Nyghtmaire
spelling
  • Haha 1

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

I did catch a Citadel later in the day.  It was a mediocre run at best lol.  But it was a run.  

Of note: On all the cave maps, every intersection seemed to encourage a team split.  No idea why.  We were at best two teams,  sometimes 6.  I am on a Corruptor (prob will be all year, that is the plan) so I followed the half that looked like it was walking into the stupidest thing they could do.  I am not the best player, but I know those maps.  Many times they found stupid.  There were deaths.  I think I was down 3 or 4 times. 

I am leaning heavily into debuffing during the first portion of the fight and blasting in the second portion.  When enemy waves are coming in I cycle back and forth.  I am more comfortable on a Blaster and know Dark Blast well.  But I am starting to learn the tricks of the Dark Dark Corruptor. The AoE stun I used to turn my nose up at?  Just enough breathing room to get off 3-4 AoE debuffs!  I need to work on my rez.  Do I need to be standing on my dead teammate?  Damn I suck at healing lol.  I do spam the heal, but other than being in close with melee I have no idea if I am healing those that need it.  I mostly spam it as a debuff honestly.  My ST heal self from Dark Blast hits like a truck. (and has 2 +end procs in it! that may change but it definitely helps at low levels)

Also of note: No one had P2W powers like ATT and TT.  (except me)  They were all damn motivated to get to the next mission and run deep into the map before any other teammates showed up though!  I blame sugar.  Dont know why, sugar did nothing to me.  Honestly they were probably just a dumb group.  Sorry sugar.

When I was able to take 10 seconds to prep a spawn before they clown car rolled into them (Tar patch, Fear cone, debuff toggle....) the spawn melted fast. 

It was a 55 minute run.  It was not horrid.  It was not great.  It was the mediocre of times, it was the mediocre of times. 

2 minutes ago, Snarky said:

They were all damn motivated to get to the next mission and run deep into the map before any other teammates showed up though!

I refer to this as "soloing together" - if I can't get any sort of conversation going on a team, especially a TF, I get this feeling like a pit in my stomach, that this is gonna go sideways real fast...

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Do I need to be standing on my dead teammate?

Teleport Other is a blessing. Pull ‘em into the pile. I forget the radius but it’s usually larger than I expect. But I have very low expectations.

20 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I do spam the heal, but other than being in close with melee I have no idea if I am healing those that need it.

You can target the low health players in the team window, press “F” then target a mob. Hit the heal when you run into them.

• Thanks 1

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

Unfortunately there is zero room for TP on my build.  I will try to get better about the rez though lol.  Mostly I am using it now for the debuff.  I lean heavily into the passive aggressive aspect of Corruptors and less into the heal and buff.  My build has (or will have in the 30s now) almost all Dark/Dark/Dark powers available in it.  Room for Hasten and Fly.  I could maybe squeeze one other on dropping my sole ST hold

9 hours ago, Captain Fabulous said:

Far too many PUG leaders don't seem to understand that lowering to +1 or +2 and clearing quickly can actually earn you more XP than struggling at +3 or +4.

I spent 2:55 on a Synapse last night under the same pretense/inanity.   I mean, we were able to do it, but it was slow going.  Gah.  Two people bailed fairly early once they wised up, wish I had as well.  Next time people, please don't just bail, make sure to talk the rest of us into bailing too!  😃

I blame the hard-mode-or-die mentality of people who I'm guessing walk out of their last DfB and set all the sliders to the right and expect that's the best way of running things.

Edited by Clave Dark 5
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

40 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I spent 2:55 on a Synapse last night under the same pretense/inanity.   I mean, we were able to do it, but it was slow going.  Gah.  Two people bailed fairly early once they wised up, wish I had as well.  Next time people, please don't just bail, make sure to talk the rest of us into bailing too!  😃

I blame the hard-mode-or-die mentality of people who I'm guessing walk out of their last DfB and set all the sliders to the right and expect that's the best way of running things.

Yup. I honestly don't get it. Like, turning down the slider doesn't make you less of a man. I mean, it's ok, it happens to all guys once in awhile. 🥴

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

At the very least - it should be advertised as a +3 or +4

No need to trick people.  There are plenty of players who enjoy that type of challenge

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Snarky said:

We load in.  to +4s.  The lead is lower level that the TF and is set to +1. 

The signature TFs do not scale to the leader's level. They always spawn at max level, then add the leader's Notoriety setting. On Manticore, that would get you lvl 36 and 37 foes. So if the leader is only lvl 32 or 33, boom, +4s. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Lusiphur Malache said:

Took a look at my dark^3 offender, rez has a radius of 15' .  Kept primary and secondary to 5 each so i could load up 6 slot all of them. ymmv, but something to consider

Yeah I finally opened MiDs on it.  25' rad.  So, just less than a Nuke.  So when I was on the other side of the room.... lol.  Vamps make shitty healers.  Sue my malpractice carriers; Dewey, Cheatam, and Howe.  

50 minutes ago, Uun said:

The signature TFs do not scale to the leader's level. They always spawn at max level, then add the leader's Notoriety setting. On Manticore, that would get you lvl 36 and 37 foes. So if the leader is only lvl 32 or 33, boom, +4s. 

Doesnt Posi 1 scale down?  I remember last year some madness where we started and were scaled down but then Doc Buzzsaw didnt scale.  Man, that ate a few teams until they fixed it.  Funny.  Sad, but dam funny.  Those blade sounds....

2 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Doesnt Posi 1 scale down?  I remember last year some madness where we started and were scaled down but then Doc Buzzsaw didnt scale.  Man, that ate a few teams until they fixed it.  Funny.  Sad, but dam funny.  Those blade sounds....

Outside of Manticore, I don't think I've run into this anywhere else.  Maybe just my dumb luck.

One exception is Lady Grey TF but I think it's a different problem with Hamidon always being spawned at max level or something like that.  We had to call a GM for that.  Props to them for actually showing up in game AS Lady Grey to fix the problem, too! 🤪

• Thumbs Up 1