Content Runners

Scarlet Shocker

Couldn't find an "Events & Teaming" section but I wonder if there's a mood for running through the content in a team. I would very much like to start at level 1 either Red or Gold sides and go through to 50 with a few consistent team mates.

PL'ing in Pocket D is all fine and dandy but I'm up for something different.

If there's any interest feel free to comment here but you need to know some things:

I'm in the UK so I can't run much past midnight GMT (7pm EST, 4pm PST)

I can run Tuesdays, Thursdays and weekends.

Anyone up for it?

• Like 1

There's a fine line between a numerator and a denominator but only a fraction of people understand that.

This is the primary reason why I solo in MMO's, because it's the only way I can experience the content. I got 3 character to max level in SWToR solo just so I could go through the divergent storylines at my own pace.

Back on Legacy did Goldside with 2 other players in a strictly RP track and our character's motivations did not lend to swapping sides to run through all the story arcs there. We just had to be careful about shutting down XP prior to hitting certain level milestones or risk cutting ourselves off from the next contact in the chain. Horrible design decision there, I wish the HC team would do something about that.

• Like 3

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

I'm interested!  I usually play on Reunion, but I don't mind rolling a character on another server.  I can usually play on any day, but unfortunately I'm actually going to be away from home Thursday-Sunday for both of the next two weeks.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

14 hours ago, Xiddo said:

Which server you on? Am also UK based and could see myself coming along 🙂 

I have characters on all servers. Mostly I've been on Excelsior recently but I do have a few on Reunion.

I guess it doesn't matter because starting from "Year One" - I'm happy to start on any server but I guess given we're probably Europe biased Reunion would be a good starting point

There's a fine line between a numerator and a denominator but only a fraction of people understand that.

If it weren't for the time, I'd be happy to. I tend to run through content, especially mid-20s to mid-30s (after which, I admit, the siren's song of MSR and merits often calls me away....)

I have some experience with this in CoH.  One of the things Cosmic Council was doing when I joined were crawl teams.  These have been led by Ukase.  He does a great and consistent job.  He was inspired to do them by two players that requested it. Who I think never even showed for the event lol. We’ve done a few so far including Gold and currently on an SO only run this time.   

The standout pattern is there is way more enthusiasm at the beginning with a slow departure of players until the die hards are at the end.  

My suggestion is to welcome everyone.  Make a few teams for the first week or two.  As the group shrinks you know who your die hards are.  You want to recruit a good number of die hards.  4-8 is a great goal in my judgment.  But be welcoming to anyone that might be interested and try to accommodate.  You might find a new die hard by being polite!

Edited by Snarky
  • Like 1

Snarky I was thinking along those lines myself. If we can get a good "core" team running of three or four of us I'm sure we'll get some more takers. I've known some guys run leagues doing the same content.

We'll kick off tomorrow at 7pm GMT, 2pm EST in Mercy on REUNION - bring what you like and we'll take it from there.

Edited by Scarlet Shocker
server
  • Like 5

I  tried getting something like this going a while back, just didn't work out. Between my available time, mostly early morning ( EST/EDST ) weekdays, was never really anyone around and when they were, on weekends, didn't seem interested any more. Most of my Toons are on Reunion, so I'll just stick to soloing for now, but if you're on when I am send me an Invite. @Marine X is my global, with a whole Garage full of Tanks, lol. 

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

we might be overcomplexing this. We'll form a core team who can make the time and then as Snarky says there'll be others come and go.

It might take a few goes to get it working but I'm sure once people know there's a thing it'll attract those who want to do more than PL in PD

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, Krimson said:

If you get yourself a group of people, you might want to consider putting a Discord together for communication. Regular groups seem to do that. 

Gold star suggestion.  This is what will make or break a long term team in my opinion.  Cannot believe I did not say it.   Great catch Krimson!

10 hours ago, Marine X said:

Between my available time, mostly early morning ( EST/EDST ) weekdays, was never really anyone around

That's me, I'd love to do this in a group but my hours are terrible. 

I didn't choose PUG life, PUG life chose me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Hey Runners 😄 I rolled a couple char. Blue Max and Kobolt (both Sents)I have to switch my headphones to the one with a mic but I'm on Discord (got invite thx) and will try to make the 2pm (est) today or tomorrow. Did log on Reunion for a bit yesterday to look around have not been on redside since live. TC!!!

• Like 1

Bill3.jpg.f1ff7a242b7765691cf45caa5d829f5a.jpg

My DA page

—“too soon old, and too late smart.”