What’s one “power” you are thankful hasn’t been given to AV’s in this game?

Crysis

6 minutes ago, Neiska said:

I think an AV with the player version of Stalker's Hide used by a good AI could lead to bad or interesting things.

Captain Mako, Stalker Claws/SR/Super Leap/ Leviathan Mastery? Drop the Tank in the party right off the bat, placate the scrapper or blaster and strike again. Then clear the room till pressed and alternate between Elude/Hibernate. Drop anything that executes a Rez. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Ceejer said:

Captain Mako, Stalker Claws/SR/Super Leap/ Leviathan Mastery? Drop the Tank in the party right off the bat

Ehhh.....  Here's AS from Hide if a 54 AV were able to use it.  It's a big hit, to be sure, but it's still not dropping most Tanks with high lethal res and 2.5K+ hit points.

Then again, give him IO sets, Assault, Alpha Musculature, a pocket Kin... 😈

image.thumb.png.95f6861409c8e3eed1af4b62a337aa8c.png

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, ZemX said:

Ehhh.....  Here's AS from Hide if a 54 AV were able to use it.  It's a big hit, to be sure, but it's still not dropping most Tanks with high lethal res and 2.5K+ hit points.

Then again, give him IO sets, Assault, Alpha Musculature, a pocket Kin... 😈

image.thumb.png.95f6861409c8e3eed1af4b62a337aa8c.png

What would it be if Mako hit Build Up first? Somewhere near 4,269? 

You're right, IO sets would make Mako a threat. 

1 minute ago, Etched said:

Teleport foe. AV keeps tping you back to them. That would suck. Add Hide and AS and team wipe.

I believe some of the Nictus in certain *-levels of the updated ITF can do this, (or is it the Warshade version of fold space?).

6 hours ago, biostem said:

Some Longbow bosses or Ballistas have this.  It is really annoying.

Longbow Ballistas can be some of the toughest opponents in the game.  They all look very similar, yet they pull heavy powers from various pools.  When one has a power your toon has a difficulty with you have to deal with it.  And there is no “tell” like it being the type of mob that you know to do X Y And Z with.  Its just BOOM in your face deal with it.  Surprise!   Oh, and the unusual mob using it on you is very difficult to put down and surrounded by their LB friends…

Edited by Snarky
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, Shred Monkey said:

Similarly, I don't know of any AV's that do defense debuff... (Malaise maybe?)... which is nasty to anyone who can't resist it.... (oh.. Clamor, too)

Anti-Matter hits you with Radiation Infection, Enervating Field and Lingering Radiation.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

1 hour ago, Uun said:

Anti-Matter hits you with Radiation Infection, Enervating Field and Lingering Radiation.

btw, that Enervating Field from Anti-Matter (and, weirdly, from garden variety Paragon Protectors) is an unresistable resistance debuff.  

This is the opposite side of the question posed in this thread:  Player powers I wish NPCs *did* have.  I wish they had the player versions of Enervating Field and Tar Patch.

1 hour ago, ZemX said:

btw, that Enervating Field from Anti-Matter (and, weirdly, from garden variety Paragon Protectors) is an unresistable resistance debuff.

My Fire tank got spanked by one of those Rad/Rad Paragon Protectors the other day.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

44 minutes ago, Uun said:

My Fire tank got spanked by one of those Rad/Rad Paragon Protectors the other day.

I sometimes warn teammates in such situations that if they see me running away from the fight so fast that I appear to red-shift, it's because I got hit by one of those debuffs.  I like to say I am doing them a favor by carrying the debuff away so quickly but I am really just saving my own ass. 😈  The Tar Patches aren't as bad because you don't need to run quite as far away to get out of them.  EF is a toggle and needs a fair amount of distance before it drops.  Tar Patch is why I have 100% slow debuff resistance. 😀

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 7 months later

Any power from a Dark Ring Mistress. An AV with her powers would be a challenge even for a seasoned player.

On 2/1/2023 at 2:17 PM, ZemX said:

I sometimes warn teammates in such situations that if they see me running away from the fight so fast that I appear to red-shift, it's because I got hit by one of those debuffs. 

This is how I feel about the Dark Ring Mistress.

@Etched

On 1/31/2023 at 11:56 AM, Crysis said:

I was soloing an AV earlier today and as I cleared out the trash around him it occurred to me how much nastier an AV could be if they could direct all attacks from all minions within the room onto a single player.  Sort of how a MasterMind can use “Attack my Target” and/or Bodyguard mode.  It’s a very effective tactic in PvP team battles and I can only imagine if the AV had the ability to call in all minions within the area to focus their attacks on a player.  The rules of aggro generally allow you to do what I did….clean the trash out of the area first, so it’s truly 1v1 against an AV.  But if aggro rules didn’t apply to an AV, and they had the ability to call in all available support -and- direct their attacks onto a single target (maybe via a highest threat indicator flag or similar), it could really up the challenge factor.

Or is this being done somewhere in the game already?

It is, actually, but thankfully not from any AV's/Heroes that I know of. Painted Ones from the Ghouls (and by extension the Failed Experiments) in Going Rogue have "Marked for Death" which makes all of their friends attack you. Since teams are sadly rare in Praetoria, I imagine not too many folks are familiar with this ability.

As for the question of the thread, I was actually playing around in AE to try and make a custom group that would be difficult to deal with. I came up with the idea of a group that all use Beam Rifle powers, and the Lieutenants and Bosses have the Disintegrate power, the idea being that the "leaders" of the group can mark you with disintegration and make all of their minions deal extra damage. It doesn't appear in the official game as far as I can tell.

• Like 1

Global Handle: @Gibs

A guy with unpopular opinions.

7 hours ago, Etched said:

This is how I feel about the Dark Ring Mistress.

Its how I feel about Ring Dings.  Fake a$$ wanna be Ding Dongs.

• Haha 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

If they got the Player Account Deletion Power, that would be adios to us without lifting a finger, and a serious Low Blow.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

While I'm probably out of my depth completely with this one - AV scraps, on my part, have never really gotten past the mass call of, "Take 'em down!" - I feel that giving AVs a "Domination" power that would allow the hostile program to assume control of player minions - or even the players themselves - could have devastating consequences.  Players would be hitting Break Free after Break Free insps in order to overcome such intrusions.  Whether an app could be put together for the AVs that would allow this sort of thing to be executed in a logical and playable manner is, I would think, anyone's guess.