What's the smallest change to CoX that you really want?

DougGraves

Logged in briefly and ran into these two issues.

1. Pets are killed during level changes, such as switching leaders on a team, or joining or leaving a team.  This is super annoying when "pets" includes a base portal you just summoned, or an Ouroboros portal.  I'd really like to see these two objects marked as "pets that don't need killing on a level change" or whatever so they don't despawn the second your leader quits the team.

2.  I have MM pets and those are teleported instantly if someone uses ATT.  MM pets shouldn't TP unless you have a chance to confirm in the team TP dialog (and yes I set up "prompt for team teleport" by default for all characters).

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/19/2023 at 10:35 PM, hakurr said:

Travel powers to be free (not taking up a slot) but you get them at 14 and can only choose from 1 power set this would keep people from taking all of them

you can buy one from P2W cheaply enough if you really don't want to take one be it magic carpet, or void skiff or whatever.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

On 4/1/2023 at 10:43 AM, JasperStone said:

Have them randomly stocked and limited supply 

Like the Frigging vending machines at the University I work

The Sunchips are always out

Randomly take your money and give you nothing in return, then give the next person your inspiration AND theirs?

image.thumb.jpeg.5e1c98baf655c1ffbf5fd3d0398dad8e.jpeg

Edited by ZemX
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Raise the minimum level for the Summer Blockbuster event by 2.

Not because it needs it for balance or anything, I just think it would be funny if you had to be 17 or else you wouldn't be allowed into the theater. (Though it would mean some blood and cursing and nudity could be added to the event, so there's that.)

• Haha 2

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

Not sure how "small" this would be, but I made a new villain today and as I ran through Breakout I kept wondering (as I have since COV launched) why WE are in our full super suit while everyone else is in prison orange. So, my request would be that we make our villain and launch in, fade in and we're in a prison uniform. Skin options stay, anything above the head stays, but from the neck down it's prison attire until we hit Mercy. Then, our full super suit would show.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

3 hours ago, Skyhawke said:

Skin options stay, anything above the head stays, but from the neck down it's prison attire until we hit Mercy. Then, our full super suit would show.

Wouldn't really work as there are all sorts of upper and lower body part options that aren't compatible with a prison uniform.  Robot or beast arms and legs, for example.

If you want to do this, best bet is creating your own custom prison uniform.  Prior to level 10, you can change your costume for no charge, I think.  So just create your super suit costume, save it, and then load it into each of your costume slots after leaving the Zig.  A little extra work, but you can make the orange jumpsuit look right at least if your toon is not a standard human body.

That the Inspiration window doesn't move every zone/instance change, stop where you should be DAMNIT.

Hotbars shouldn't be messed up when respeccing, instead lost powers will be greyed out or removed, while new ones remain in your power tab without being added to your bars.

A badge progress download, where you save onto a .txt and can import it up elsewhere on the badge progress sites.

Being able to save the HUD layout for new characters and load them up.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ZemX said:

Wouldn't really work as there are all sorts of upper and lower body part options that aren't compatible with a prison uniform.  Robot or beast arms and legs, for example.

If you want to do this, best bet is creating your own custom prison uniform.  Prior to level 10, you can change your costume for no charge, I think.  So just create your super suit costume, save it, and then load it into each of your costume slots after leaving the Zig.  A little extra work, but you can make the orange jumpsuit look right at least if your toon is not a standard human body.

That's what I ended up doing. A pipe dream, I guess.

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

3 hours ago, Skyhawke said:

That's what I ended up doing. A pipe dream, I guess.

Since you're only going to be wearing the prison uniform for, what? An hour, maximum, while you squeeze everything you can out of the Breakout zone, I don't think the cost/benefit ratio for the work to implement it is going to be justifiable any time soon when measured against other changes to the game.

On 4/5/2023 at 2:46 PM, Paradox Fate said:

That the Inspiration window doesn't move every zone/instance change, stop where you should be DAMNIT.

Yes, please.  Can this get looked at already?  The other windows work this way, why just the Insp window?

On 4/2/2023 at 10:31 AM, Scarlet Shocker said:

you can buy one from P2W cheaply enough if you really don't want to take one be it magic carpet, or void skiff or whatever.

If we could buy the jump pack you get from the KR safeguard mission, I'd do that on about half my characters.

2 hours ago, VeiledOwl said:

For the Atlas Park Safeguard mission to trigger the robbery when I approach the bank's entrance (like the other safeguard missions) instead of making me wait several minutes.

This seems a perfect example.  A specific issue that seems like it would not be hard to change since the other safeguard missions function differently.

On 4/9/2023 at 9:07 AM, MrAxe said:

A guide in the game's help file detailing what all the colours mean when using the 'Find Member' function.

Or just replacing some of the fields that we don't really need in that dialog (like origin, does anyone actually look at that?) with a short text message explaining their current status.  Text also has the advantage that it works for color blind people.  Besides "general status" it would also be good to add an explicit column for "They can invite" and "You can invite" with a green check or red X so that those statuses are crystal clear.

You could also add a color key to the bottom of the dialog so you could just refer to the color guide every time the dialog is open.

4 hours ago, gameboy1234 said:

You could also add a color key to the bottom of the dialog so you could just refer to the color guide every time the dialog is open.

Since the question was about 'small' changes, this alone would be better.

For all the "Echo: XYZ" zones in Ouroboros to still have the original mission story lines. I almost always started in Galaxy City instead of Atlas Park and I miss it greatly. I've no idea how small this would be to implement but man would I be happy.

• Thumbs Up 1