Macro help for Combat Teleport please

Snarky

I would like to create 5 macros....with buttons like the Base TP.  

One to TP 100 ft straight back, one to TP 100 left, one to go 100 right, one to go 100 forward, one to go 100 straight up  

The buttons... they can be 5 random things, as long as I can tell them apart.  Arrows in the appropriate direction would be great.  Up would be...?

I have no idea where an image library is.

One other question....when I respec my Base TP macro button disappears.  Where is it? Can it be retrieved?

Thanks

13 hours ago, Snarky said:

One to TP 100 ft straight back, one to TP 100 left, one to go 100 right, one to go 100 forward, one to go 100 straight up  

The buttons... they can be 5 random things, as long as I can tell them apart.  Arrows in the appropriate direction would be great.  Up would be...?

I have no idea where an image library is.

One other question....when I respec my Base TP macro button disappears.  Where is it? Can it be retrieved?

Thanks

I cannot help with icons, but I can with the teleport bind.

macro back "powexec_location front:100 "Combat Teleport""

Just replace, front with any of these, up, down, left, right, or back.

One note, I am not sure 100 is a valid amount for the command. First, I would start with shorter distances to very the macro is working.

Edited by KaizenSoze
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, KaizenSoze said:

I cannot help with icons, but I can with the teleport bind.

macro back "powexec_location front:100 "Combat Teleport"

Just replace, front with any of these, up, down, left, right, or back.

One note, I am not sure 100 is a valid amount for the command. First, I would start with shorter distances to very the macro is working.

Thank you!  I think there is a way to name the macro.  looking for my ice blaster macros for blizzard now.  FR, BK, UP. LT RT would do, I just need to figure how to format the damn command lol

37 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Thank you!  I think there is a way to name the macro.  looking for my ice blaster macros for blizzard now.  FR, BK, UP. LT RT would do, I just need to figure how to format the damn command lol

That's what the second word in the macro command is. /macro back blah blah blah puts a button named "back" on your toolbar.

zSo yours would be /macro FR "powexec_location front:100 "combat teleport"" (I think the example was missing a quote... then again, I'm somewhat sure you can skip that problem by just calling it combat_teleport, too... need to test it to be sure.)

(Edit: Actually, just tested it on ... er, test. Don't need the quotes at all. Just: 

/macro FR powexec_location front:100 combat teleport

will give you a button FR to teleport you 100 feet in front of where you are.)

Edited by Greycat
  • Thanks 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

25 minutes ago, Greycat said:

That's what the second word in the macro command is. /macro back blah blah blah puts a button named "back" on your toolbar.

zSo yours would be /macro FR "powexec_location front:100 "combat teleport"" (I think the example was missing a quote... then again, I'm somewhat sure you can skip that problem by just calling it combat_teleport, too... need to test it to be sure.)

(Edit: Actually, just tested it on ... er, test. Don't need the quotes at all. Just: 

/macro FR powexec_location front:100 combat teleport

will give you a button FR to teleport you 100 feet in front of where you are.)

thank you, now i can put the buttons in my tray and use the bottom 5 buttons of my razer tarterus to move fast fast fast  mine has 20 keys, guess they made a lot of variations

Razer Tartarus Chroma RZ07-01510100-R3M1 gebraucht | Back Market

Edited by Snarky

16 minutes ago, Rugor said:

Do they this for the right hand?  I am left handed mouse user.

i have only seen them left.  i am missing a few fingers and bits right side.  so right gets a mouse.  i have tried mice with tons of buttons.  too small, and/or i suck.  the left hand razer mini keypad is awesome though.  there was a post 2 years ago on razer asking for one.  i think they have milked this cow dry and are moving onto other projects.  they kick new "versions" out but its just the reskinned old beast

There's an Azeron thing, apparently, which (a) just is odd looking and (b) apparently even after practice is just ... eh...

(though it's in "discontinued products...) https://store.azeron.eu/discontinued-keypads?product_id=73

Great if you want your computer holding  your hand, I guess.

A couple of these look fairly ambidexterous (and, well, just rebadges of the same thing)

https://buyinghack.com/gaming-keypads/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

2 hours ago, Captain Fabulous said:

I don't think there is any way to do this, but I'd be curious to see if anyone has ideas.

Your macro should be there someplace. I don't think I've ever had macros disappear after a respec. Did you check all the trays?

No….i always hit /cleartray lol.  Sheesh. You mean i gotta sort that spaghetti?   Ouch

KS is spot on with the macro syntax. 

My two+1 inf:
1) for macro button images, you can refer to this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uHUi6BWFTYj4wbfGBs3LjZL88Fym6B-8EwDr18YZcY8/edit#gid=0

/macroimage [icon_name] [macro label] [command]:[distance]
icon_name is the one from the google docs
macro label is the macro name (FR, BK, UP, LT, RT)
command is powexec_location followed by distance in increments of 5 up to "max". (...powexec_location:max). you can also use "SELF" (...powexec_location Self) for TP Target which will yoink the target to you.
quotation marks are not necessary, but become helpful especially if you have multiple commands in the string.

2) you can NAME macros as Grey said, but you can't RENAME them once they're named. Neither can you change the icon. You can only edit the function

3) Combat TP has max distance of 100ft while Teleport is 350ft. Slotting range or the universal travel IOs or TP IOs will increase this.

Edited by Six-Six
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Snarky said:

These are not entirely what you are seeking (no up macro), but can easily be modified to what your needs and include some useful ones as well if you are running Bamf!Melee.  By the looks of your bind request you're on something where a GTFO button is what you want. You can modify the left, right, back, and forward commands to your desired key and distance.

Buttons 4 and 5 are the thumb buttons on my mouse. Mousechord is both the L and R main mouse buttons clicked together. For teleport Button 5 can be largely ignored in the following bind file, as I place different clicks there depending on the toon.

My current "standard" Combat Teleport/Teleport bind set. Not all my toons are setup like this, some because they are older and others because they have additional powers like Burst of Speed.

BUTTON4 "powexec_location target combat teleport"
SHIFT+BUTTON4 "powexec_location target teleport"
BUTTON5 "powexec_alt2slot 9"

SHIFT+A "powexec_location left:35 combat teleport"
SHIFT+D "powexec_location right:35 combat teleport"
SHIFT+S "powexec_location back:35 combat teleport"
SHIFT+W "powexec_location forward:35 combat teleport"

I "powexec_location camera:max teleport"

MOUSECHORD "powexec_location cursor combat teleport"
SHIFT+MOUSECHORD "powexec_location cursor teleport"

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

10 hours ago, InvaderStych said:
SHIFT+A "powexec_location left:35 combat teleport"
SHIFT+D "powexec_location right:35 combat teleport"
SHIFT+S "powexec_location back:35 combat teleport"
SHIFT+W "powexec_location forward:35 combat teleport"

I was going to say, I suspect 100 will be too much in that it'd constantly run into walls and other junk off screen.  That said, how do you guys like this teleporting play style? 

I've only used combat teleport to TP to a target, which I love on my melee toons.  I've not used it on any ranged toons.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

4 minutes ago, Shred Monkey said:

I was going to say, I suspect 100 will be too much in that it'd constantly run into walls and other junk off screen.  That said, how do you guys like this teleporting play style? 

I've only used combat teleport to TP to a target, which I love on my melee toons.  I've not used it on any ranged toons.

Absolutely love this

Have CT on several characters and been working on this...with no success 

/e poofgone

13 hours ago, Snarky said:

thank you, now i can put the buttons in my tray and use the bottom 5 buttons of my razer tarterus to move fast fast fast  mine has 20 keys, guess they made a lot of variations

I think I need some private time right now.

• Haha 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

2 hours ago, Shred Monkey said:

I was going to say, I suspect 100 will be too much in that it'd constantly run into walls and other junk off screen.

Yeah, 100 is going to be way too far for any interior map unless one is moving down a very long hallway or corridor. Maybe some of the big rooms as well. Cave maps? Forget it.

Doesn't really impact mobility to over-shoot though. At 35 - what I think are in-game feet but I've never measured it - I'll still hit walls going right or left.  I actually don't use those keys near as often as the ones that are targeted to "cursor." Which teleports you to wherever the mouse pointer is located. That is extremely useful.  I keep the shift binds though as they are sometimes handy for quick moves to get out of a patch or reposition for a cone. 

The shift-WASD macros are very useful for certain powers though. Particularly Savage Leap, which gets a bonus when used from range. Vorpal Judgment is another one that benefits from using the shift-S macro to quickly reposition some distance backwards. I used these keys a lot on my Fire/Martial blaster. Burst of Speed into a mob, drop a couple AoEs, then shift-port a few feet out of the scrum and commence blasting. Target port back in and drop some kicks to the face of whatever is left standing. Been a while since I played that toon; it really needs a build and bind cleanup, lol.

Really though, it is about those "cursor" targets. It does the same thing as using LSHIFT+LBUTTON which because of the way the left mouse button is parsed has the affect of using "cursor" as your target in the macro, but is less accurate. LSHIFT+LBUTTON can also get triggered more easily when navigating menus or other things. I have found targeting to "cursor" to be much more reliable and less "interference" than using the older LSHIFT+LBUTTON.

My binds/macros have evolved quite a bit over time, and lately the target to "cursor" macros get the most use for general movement/positioning.

That said, how do you guys like this teleporting play style? 

7dkz8i.jpg

Well, almost everything. 😉

Combat Teleport was, for me personally, love at first BAMF!. In the age old question of "if you could only have one superpower what would it be," my answer has always been Teleportation. I know not every concept needs to be a Teleporter, I respect that. But it is my all time favorite superpower, so most of mine do. 😉

The big game-changer for using CT is to widen out from the default FoV settings.  Simply unchecking the "default" box set up a very wide FoV that lets me see features on the field much more clearly. So easy to move from the lower floor of a room to a mezzanine, catwalk, or the top of a shipping container by using the targeted cursor macro.

In an office or council base, if you can see something through a window and target it, you can use the location target bind to teleport right into its face.  Combat Teleport is the closest thing to a wall hack that exists in The Cities.

Remember, if you can select it as a target, you can macro-teleport right to it. This works with both CT and Full Teleport. This works on enemies, teammates, contacts, and most destructible objectives.  There are a handful of things/places where CT doesn't work. Prison/Vault doors, for example.  Most things that cannot be teleported in themselves were unable to be teleported-to, and not all of them were fixed.

Got a ninja on the team bee-lining to the objective?  Keep them targeted and if you are within a 300' path you can teleport directly to their location. That is with proper teleport. Fully slotted CT maxes out at about 145' of range and the power does not accept global range buffs. Got a tank that you want to support as melee range dps? Target them and Bamf! Got a teammate who is about to eat floor because they've got too much aggro? Target them and BAMF! to the rescue.

Also - Combat Teleport makes friendly rescue NPCs sprint from your previous location to your new one.  Rather than moving at the speed of a walk to follow you to the door and constantly getting out of your follow range, something about CT makes them sprint from point to point. If you solo a lot, CT makes friendly rescues so much easier.  Even on teams with a rescue mission this trick is great. This does not work Redside where you are kidnapping hostile non-combat NPCs. Those do not *want* to follow you by design, so getting them to sprint with CT doesn't work.

Also of note: Macros/Binds that work for CT/Teleport also work for Translocation (Sorcery:Mystic Flight) and Jaunt (Experimentation:Speed of Sound).

Finally: Contrary to semi-popular belief, CT is not a good place to slot a Gaussian's. Really only do this if you've nowhere else to put one. At 1PPM with CTs numbers it fires too rarely to be of value against other options, imo. It is, however, an excellent place to slot an RR +Perception piece. (or whichever set has it, I always forget) as that one is a Proc120 and will always activate and give the 2min duration buff on every click of CT.  The newer Warp set has a similar +perception piece, some decent bonuses, and good enhancement values for the power, so I tend to use that these days.

I play in melee range 99% of the time no matter what I am on. My blasters, save for one, are all blappers. I run more Scrappers/Stalkers than I do any other AT. I don't think CT will end up on my Time/Ice defender, and I haven't yet found it to be more than a utility tool for the handful of Sentinels I've leveled.

For a purely ranged character I am not sure there is as much utility, but ymmv. Particularly for flying ranged toons.

That said, my Beam/Devices blaster doesn't run it, and I don't think I'll run it on the Time/Ice defender. Both of those are fliers and the blaster is built for range. Haven't decided on Sentinels. I don't have any Controllers or MMs, but I have fiddled with it on a few low level Doms. I do have a couple scrappers with both Hover/EvM and CT for maximum mobility and going toe-to-toe with flying AVs, but the builds lose some durability numbers to get there.

Here's the thing. As amazing as Combat Teleport is, it is still slower and more "dangerous" than old-school Blaster Jousting. If you are already very practiced in how to do this properly then CT is going to feel slow because of the rooting.  The jousting method of activating an attack while moving past or jumping through/out-of a mob with attacks that don't root in order to prevent them from queuing up a melee attack on you is not as reliable with CT, regardless of the keystroke used, because you are rooted for 0.3s which is usually enough time for critters to activate their counter attack.

That said, one of the best games on my stalker is using CT to stay ahead of the team (or just ahead of the lead tank) to get to a hard target in the next spawn with enough time to trigger AS from Hidden and have it land just as the tank/team is drawing the mob's aggro. Takes a lot of effort and attention to move that fast though, and I'm not always feeling that frisky, lol.

EDIT:

Oh, I almost forgot. Teleport comes with that whole "brief period of hovering until you activate something." The time period is long enough for a ground-pounding character to Teleport (full teleport, not CT, I have both of them bound for getting to targets out of CTs range) via targeted bind/macro to a target that is hovering out of melee range and float there long enough to take a swing. This also works for long AS from Hidden, because the hover period of Teleport is plenty long to do so.

1 hour ago, JasperStone said:

Have CT on several characters and been working on this...with no success 

What aspects are causing you trouble? Happy to make suggestions if I can.

Edited by InvaderStych
remembered a thing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, InvaderStych said:

My current "standard" Combat Teleport/Teleport bind set. Not all my toons are setup like this, some because they are older and others because they have additional powers like Burst of Speed.

This is good. I was planning to post some clips from my libraries, but this is it. Shift plus regular movement keys, or MAYBE shift plus arrow keys, is as intuitive as it gets.

I'm very much a binds guy, but if you insist on macros, and have a lot of complex ones, a "macro builder" bind set is a good idea. That is, you save your current keybinds, load a macro-builder bind set, press all the keys (F1-F12, for example) to build your macros, then reload your regular binds. (More details on that if anyone wants.)

I'm also big on intuitive, useful TP binds, so more of those if anyone's interested.

• Thanks 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

18 hours ago, Snarky said:

We should compare notes about how we use the Tarterus

A friend asked me if I knew any Motown puns. I told him I know two or three, maybe four, tops!

1 hour ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

We should compare notes about how we use the Tarterus

I mostly use it when the mouse gets lost and that is when i have to use it for my attacks lol.  The exception is when i keybind things like teleport and want a certain thing with one touch.  Other than that i use it mostly (exclusively) for movement and target nearest in CoH.  The 8 direction thumb button turns and moves me forward, the space bar rockers jumps, and the button near both those is target nearest.   I have trays 2 and 3 set up with my 20 most used powers.  Those are hot keyed to the 20 buttons.  But. Again, unless I am practicing the skill on purpose I tend to only use it when things get so chaotic the cursor is lost.  For things like this TP and my ice Blasters “ice storm on my loc” i need buttons because I just plot them into trays 2 and 3

Edited by Snarky
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

This is good. I was planning to post some clips from my libraries, but this is it. Shift plus regular movement keys, or MAYBE shift plus arrow keys, is as intuitive as it gets.

Thanks, but credit where it is due: Your tech and bind guides (and posts during Page 3's revamp of the Teleport Pool) were instrumental in me figuring out a set that works for me and switching me from ugly skinless macros to cleaner binds and proper skins on the few macro buttons I have left. Those are usually for opening a window and triggering an idle emote at the same time and other similarly silly stuff.

The shift-WASD stuff goes all the way back to Page 3 Beta when CT was new, pulled them direct from a thread. I could probably pull the poster's name from my notes, lol. In complete honesty it was CT that got me into keybinds in the first place. 🤣

The thumb buttons, use cases, and FoV change are all me though. 😉

Still, when it comes to binds, macros, or pop-menus I sit at the feet of the giants like yourself whose shoulders I am not yet fit to stand upon. 🍻

Edited by InvaderStych
because typing is hard
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Shred Monkey said:

That said, how do you guys like this teleporting play style? 

Melee characters get a macro to teleport to a target, and a bind to teleport around maps (stuck on a torch? try Combat Teleport!)

My ranged characters get both of the above, plus a macro to teleport backwards 25 feet (or so); this is usually the right range for a cone attack.

Edited by tidge
  • Thanks 1

the macros work great.  still need to test them in missions and get my style down.  i have them all set for 100 except back, that is 50, for cone chaos  if you hit a wall or the ceilingit just takes you there, does not fail