After what I learned today I'll say this:this game didn't die without reasons

jslfrombx

There are people who I refer to as 'mud-stirrers'. They make remarks that open doors for angry/emotional remarks, then stand back and enjoy the chaos that ensues. You note that the OP did not respond or argue with all the folks who posted answers. This is the way I usually identify those kind of people and the very reason I won't feed their need. If they get no responses they might escalate for a while, but eventually move on to a place that they can feel important.

Totally concur.

The dark tetrad is wild.

It is an okay effort, but I think this only reaches a four out of ten on the mastermind meltdown scale.  I remember when Incarnate trials came out.  Those were some good mastermind meltdowns.

It sounds like I missed something good there. Too bad I was taking one of my many breaks to play WoW at the time.

Well, most things in the Incarnate trials were +4 and had a lot of AoE.  Before the devs addressed this, mastermind pets were -1 and -2 relative to the player.  So your pets were facing +6s spamming AoE damage.  This made most mastermind pets into instant roadkill.

Masterminds were, I think the polite word is "unhappy."

LOL thank you for reminding me!!  I had totally forgotten about that meltdown.  In the beginning really the only thing MM pets were good for was the Escapee part of the BAF- just plant them in a spot and set to Aggressive.  (try using them on a Lamda and get the tissues ready, you'll be wailing very quickly) By the time the later trials rolled around it had gotten better, between Destiny powers, Hybrid powers and a shift in MM thinking from front line damage/tanking to back line damage & support.

For days now, I was wondering why are my pet with over 120% accuracy bonus, tactics etc, still struggle to hit +4 enemies (who are +6 to them), I thought at first maybe I am stupid and I don't understand how accuracy and to hit stat differ and work together or maybe I suck math  or I didn't understand the combat resolution article on the wiki. Well today I got the horrifying answer.

They simply don't have 120% accuracy bonus because the only set bonus that work on pet are the aura from the mastermind only set from the merit vendor, EVERYHTING else doesn't work. hahahaha, no really, it's all broken, the entire enhancement set bonus feature doesn't work for mastermind primary power pool. What a sad fucking joke.

bonus damage? don't work, bonus healing? don't work. bonus recharge? nop does nothing? Bonus accuracy ? nah, why would you want that for pet that are already penalized on their to hit by being lower level than you.

I didn't believe it at first because how the hell such  a gigantic failure of design could exist  in a commercial product, but after testing it, well it's true, the 80% something accuracy bonus I got from set bonus doesn't exist for my pet. I wasted my entire vacation time working my ass off to farm merit and influence to fully gear my main MM with purple IO set  to be the best she could be and it was all for nothing. I don't think there is a words strong enough to describe how utterly disgusted I am, all those hours of my life thrown away for nothing.

This crap makes the entire IO set feature of the game completely pointless for MM and the most flabbergasting thing  about it is,  this isn't even a last ditch stuff they put into the game right before closure, IO set have existed long before the game was shut down, the fact they never bothered to fix it is just disturbing.

I am not sure what's the saddest part is really , the complete lack of professionalism from these sorry devs or the  complete lack of backbone from the community who let it happens at the time, if any other game suddenly introduced an end game progression system that completely discriminate against one class just because the devs are too fucking lazy to code it, oh boy that wouldn't go quietly, I can imagine the Warframe forum if their devs tried something like that.

Flame all you want but right now  I wish I never learned the homecoming project existed, when I think I could have spend my vacation time catching up on some actually good game like divinity 2, or pillars of eternity, bleh.

Can I have your stuff? Just email it to @Murcielago please.

it is obvious IMO that the OP loves to sling this kind of attitude, that everything is someone elses fault, "cool kids rag on the devs" attitude, so IMO it is a waste of time at this point, as your post alludes...

:)

I will quote from another online game forum I frequent: "it is possible I'm wrong, but that won't change my opinion."

This is the online gamer mantra.

..egads I just noticed that for the first time in all of CoH history, I have more posts than Arcana!  (a soon short lived victory)  8)

Post count doesn't really mean anything... I mean, just look at me, right? Worthless.

I'm out.

..egads I just noticed that for the first time in all of CoH history, I have more posts than Arcana!  (a soon short lived victory)  8)

Post count doesn't really mean anything... I mean, just look at me, right? Worthless.

....nay, I say, NAY young man! You are a FORCE of greatness in this FIELD of mediocrity I've harvested.......Shine forth and post with reckless abandon!! 

....nay, I say, NAY young man! You are a FORCE of greatness in this FIELD of mediocrity I've harvested.......Shine forth and post with reckless abandon!!

Just saying that Quality > Quantity. Arcanaville is living proof.

Now, I just need to figure out how to make the "Quality" part happen...

I'm out.

There are people who I refer to as 'mud-stirrers'. They make remarks that open doors for angry/emotional remarks, then stand back and enjoy the chaos that ensues. You note that the OP did not respond or argue with all the folks who posted answers. This is the way I usually identify those kind of people and the very reason I won't feed their need. If they get no responses they might escalate for a while, but eventually move on to a place that they can feel important.

Well maybe your life is so empty that you have nothing better to do than browse the web, but I have a job that's actually kind of important and require my undivided attention and focus, so you'll excuse me if I wait until I am back home to spend time on something like a video game forum.

As for the actual topic at hand, what a disappointment, given people who play this are in the older gamer category I was expecting to maybe have a mature conversation on how going back to beloved childhood game might not be such a great idea after all  because with greater age comes greater critical sense and a vastly wider library of reference point to draw comparison from, so your beloved childhood memories may not old up so well to scrutiny.

Well apparently that was vastly, VASTLY overestimating the reasoning capability of this community since all the "reply", assuming you can call them that , I got are either:

-childish taunt

-vaguely veiled insult

-typical pathetic  apologist nonsense

- offer of pity that so far, well, I am not sure if they're actually genuine or if they should be in the veiled insult category, so i'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

I can't post an  elaborate answer without some material to work with and so far I have none, so i'll just give a general rebuttal.  It's not MY place as a end users to go hunt for the required information necessary for me to use the product.  Putting aside the fact that set bonus non working on pet is a giant balance failure, this is a textbook case of shit than needs to be in your god damn tooltip, that's  design school 101.

Anyway, this is pointless, I had good memories of the game and now I don't anymore, neither CoH or this community are up to my standard so i'll just be moving on with my free time.

PS: No, you can't have my stuff.

Here is the problem I am having with the idea behind this thread.

The game didn't die. It went on long after NCSoft abandoned it. The game was still going strong when they turned it off, they simply didn't want to be bothered with it because South Koreans weren't interested in it. The game was still going strong and had a strong following. The following was so loyal, we all stayed in contact with each other long after the servers were shut down. Most of us were on a a Facebook page called CoH Survivors. We stayed in contact, told our stories, discussed possible revivals, we were a community...and still are.

Meanwhile, the game went on in secret for over 6 years. It had over 1,000 players, who all shared the same secret of City of Heroes' existence. That in itself is a miracle. Think about it...6 fricken years...1,000 players...all keeping the same secrets. It was not until a disgruntled player opened up that secret that the game is suddenly open for all...and like the loyal fans we are, we ALL came back. This game is now stronger than ever, with the same kind of dedication, if not more so.

And you are going to come in here and tell us why this game sucks, and you understand why this game died?

Just the fact that you made this thread tells all of us that you have no clue why this game was shut down. I can't say it died, because it never died. It's still here, my man. You are barking up the wrong tree. Go back to DC Universe, and grind for that gear you always wanted, go play that one player game that can be soloed almost in its entirety. Or if you would rather, go back to Champions Online, where again, you can solo that game in almost its entirety...and their idea of group Task Forces, consisting of a single mission that you queue for over and over and over again, and it only lasts 10 to 15 minutes. Or how about the fact that they have the same powers for over 6 years, with very little change.

If that is your idea of a good game, by all means, give your stuff to somebody, delete your MM, and go have fun...nobody will stop you, I promise. Coming here to tell us why you hate this game is only going to get you a face full of dirt by us devoted fans. We are a tight knit community here...even those of us who dislike each other will stand up together, united, to defend this game that we all love. Making this thread was a very bad idea.

I was expecting to maybe have a mature conversation

No you weren't. The tone of your post and you literally inviting people to flame you demonstrate that the snippet I'm quoting here is a lie. If you actually wanted to have a mature conversation you would have taken a different approach. Again, that's on you. Based on your few posts in this thread, the problem appears to be that you expect people to cater to your wants, which is obviously not realistic. Additionally, you do not even properly communicate that initially then proceed to blame others(the devs and people responding to you) others for the conflict.

• City Council

Perhaps it's time for this thread to be closed...you said everything very eloquently, Solarverse!

What a bold idea, Healix! I think I might just take you up on that.

"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!