After what I learned today I'll say this:this game didn't die without reasons

jslfrombx

The most plausible is simply that NCSoft never understood the game.

They're a Korean MMO company; all their other games are Korean style team-or-die, endgame-is-all slogfests.  CoX wasn't, and never would be.  They didn't understand that CoX could have remained a (modestly) profitable, stable source of income for another decade - and that a CoX II would have been the same thing.  Essentially, a surefire, safe-bet investment.

But the executives at NCSoft didn't understand it; the things that made it successful here in the U.S., would have bombed in Korea.  They literally didn't know what they had.

So they killed it.

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

For days now, I was wondering why are my pet with over 120% accuracy bonus, tactics etc, still struggle to hit +4 enemies (who are +6 to them), I thought at first maybe I am stupid and I don't understand how accuracy and to hit stat differ and work together or maybe I suck math  or I didn't understand the combat resolution article on the wiki. Well today I got the horrifying answer.

They simply don't have 120% accuracy bonus because the only set bonus that work on pet are the aura from the mastermind only set from the merit vendor, EVERYHTING else doesn't work. hahahaha, no really, it's all broken, the entire enhancement set bonus feature doesn't work for mastermind primary power pool. What a sad fucking joke.

bonus damage? don't work, bonus healing? don't work. bonus recharge? nop does nothing? Bonus accuracy ? nah, why would you want that for pet that are already penalized on their to hit by being lower level than you.

I didn't believe it at first because how the hell such  a gigantic failure of design could exist  in a commercial product, but after testing it, well it's true, the 80% something accuracy bonus I got from set bonus doesn't exist for my pet. I wasted my entire vacation time working my ass off to farm merit and influence to fully gear my main MM with purple IO set  to be the best she could be and it was all for nothing. I don't think there is a words strong enough to describe how utterly disgusted I am, all those hours of my life thrown away for nothing.

This crap makes the entire IO set feature of the game completely pointless for MM and the most flabbergasting thing  about it is,  this isn't even a last ditch stuff they put into the game right before closure, IO set have existed long before the game was shut down, the fact they never bothered to fix it is just disturbing.

I am not sure what's the saddest part is really , the complete lack of professionalism from these sorry devs or the  complete lack of backbone from the community who let it happens at the time, if any other game suddenly introduced an end game progression system that completely discriminate against one class just because the devs are too fucking lazy to code it, oh boy that wouldn't go quietly, I can imagine the Warframe forum if their devs tried something like that.

Flame all you want but right now  I wish I never learned the homecoming project existed, when I think I could have spend my vacation time catching up on some actually good game like divinity 2, or pillars of eternity, bleh.

It is an okay effort, but I think this only reaches a four out of ten on the mastermind meltdown scale.  I remember when Incarnate trials came out.  Those were some good mastermind meltdowns.

I have a MM and after following advice from the MM board I was happy at first. But as I get higher in level the pets at times seem weaker. I have blown a lot of influence on enhancements. The one thing I always had a problem within this game is that system. I never really liked it and thought I was just too costly. When I do groups my pets die so quickly and I spend more time trying to keep them alive even when doing solo content. I always play pet classes in MMO's if I can. But this one is the weakest I've ever played. I don't log in as much as I used to either because of other games too. It's more of a casual game to me now. I used to go hard when it came back out.

You sir, said almost the same thing as the OP, but did it casually, without malice, and constructively...Thank you!

You're welcome

I still play him I just have to figure out what's going on with him. But some new games are taking up some of my time now. And sometimes you just need to step back for a bit. I never truly give up on pet classes.

It is an okay effort, but I think this only reaches a four out of ten on the mastermind meltdown scale.  I remember when Incarnate trials came out.  Those were some good mastermind meltdowns.

It sounds like I missed something good there. Too bad I was taking one of my many breaks to play WoW at the time.

It sounds like I missed something good there. Too bad I was taking one of my many breaks to play WoW at the time.

Well, most things in the Incarnate trials were +4 and had a lot of AoE.  Before the devs addressed this, mastermind pets were -1 and -2 relative to the player.  So your pets were facing +6s spamming AoE damage.  This made most mastermind pets into instant roadkill.

Masterminds were, I think the polite word is "unhappy."

Well, most things in the Incarnate trials were +4 and had a lot of AoE.  Before the devs addressed this, mastermind pets were -1 and -2 relative to the player.  So your pets were facing +6s spamming AoE damage.  This made most mastermind pets into instant roadkill.

I felt the funniest Incarnate related meltdowns were the ones from some scrappers and other melee classes when the Apex TF was released. Suddenly they had to *gasp* move during a fight. The horror.

Defender Smash!

Yeah, I can see how that's a problem. How did the devs correct it?

Yeah, I can see how that's a problem. How did the devs correct it?

Basically they gave the Tier 1 and 2 pets additional Incarnate shifts so all of your pets are your level during incarnate trials.

Defender Smash!

OP has been fairly thoroughly taken down by now, but I have to say, his commitment to being tonight's Angry Misinformed A-hole is almost impressive.

Almost.

Maybe his goal was a more subtle Nemesis style plot...To have the whole community pause, come together, and realize that truly we share more in common then separates us...

Nah...just a jerk signing off...

Could go either way, really.  That's why Maxwell Christopher doesn't sleep at night.

For days now, I was wondering why are my pet with over 120% accuracy bonus, tactics etc, still struggle to hit +4 enemies (who are +6 to them), I thought at first maybe I am stupid and I don't understand how accuracy and to hit stat differ and work together or maybe I suck math  or I didn't understand the combat resolution article on the wiki. Well today I got the horrifying answer.

They simply don't have 120% accuracy bonus because the only set bonus that work on pet are the aura from the mastermind only set from the merit vendor, EVERYHTING else doesn't work. hahahaha, no really, it's all broken, the entire enhancement set bonus feature doesn't work for mastermind primary power pool. What a sad fucking joke.

bonus damage? don't work, bonus healing? don't work. bonus recharge? nop does nothing? Bonus accuracy ? nah, why would you want that for pet that are already penalized on their to hit by being lower level than you.

I didn't believe it at first because how the hell such  a gigantic failure of design could exist  in a commercial product, but after testing it, well it's true, the 80% something accuracy bonus I got from set bonus doesn't exist for my pet. I wasted my entire vacation time working my ass off to farm merit and influence to fully gear my main MM with purple IO set  to be the best she could be and it was all for nothing. I don't think there is a words strong enough to describe how utterly disgusted I am, all those hours of my life thrown away for nothing.

This crap makes the entire IO set feature of the game completely pointless for MM and the most flabbergasting thing  about it is,  this isn't even a last ditch stuff they put into the game right before closure, IO set have existed long before the game was shut down, the fact they never bothered to fix it is just disturbing.

I am not sure what's the saddest part is really , the complete lack of professionalism from these sorry devs or the  complete lack of backbone from the community who let it happens at the time, if any other game suddenly introduced an end game progression system that completely discriminate against one class just because the devs are too fucking lazy to code it, oh boy that wouldn't go quietly, I can imagine the Warframe forum if their devs tried something like that.

Flame all you want but right now  I wish I never learned the homecoming project existed, when I think I could have spend my vacation time catching up on some actually good game like divinity 2, or pillars of eternity, bleh.

Indeed. Give it another try and get back to us.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

There’s an Epic Flounce power pool now?

Best tantrumpost I’ve seen in ages.

You have my sympathy, OP, about the time you put in whilst misunderstanding how the mechanics work. But this information was available to find.

Perhaps other ATs might be fun too?

MCM

I have a MM and after following advice from the MM board I was happy at first. But as I get higher in level the pets at times seem weaker. I have blown a lot of influence on enhancements. The one thing I always had a problem within this game is that system. I never really liked it and thought I was just too costly. When I do groups my pets die so quickly and I spend more time trying to keep them alive even when doing solo content. I always play pet classes in MMO's if I can. But this one is the weakest I've ever played. I don't log in as much as I used to either because of other games too. It's more of a casual game to me now. I used to go hard when it came back out.

You sir, said almost the same thing as the OP, but did it casually, without malice, and constructively...Thank you!

Agreed.

Although I also agree with Hawkwood: MMs are quite powerful, at both low levels and high levels. They hit a bit of a slump around the late teens to late 20s, but that's only a slump compared to their other levels. Someone who is having problems feeling that they are weak should probably be asking for advice from experienced MM players, since there are too many players posting how powerful their MMs are for the AT to be really a problem.

I've heard (and for some combos, seen) that Robots/FF, Robots/Traps, Necro/Dark, Demons/Thermal, Demons/Time, Demons/Rad, Thugs/Pain, Thugs/Traps, and some other combinations are all "I WIN NOW" buttons. Some of the comments saying this are not far off base. Heck, my Merc/Traps soloed AVs almost as well as my Ill/Rad, and Ill/Rad specializes in that, and Merc/Traps is hardly a MM power build.

Basically, thank you for posting your opinion politely. However, I think that it should be possible for any player who likes pet classes to get  good advice, make a solid build, and tear through the game as a MM.

EVERYHTING else doesn't work. hahahaha, no really, it's all broken, the entire enhancement set bonus feature doesn't work for mastermind primary power pool.

Factual inaccuracy here I'm going to correct because Someone Is Wrong on the Internet: all your set bonuses affect YOUR PERSONAL ATTACKS in the primary. Any other applicable bonuses like global endurance reduction or recharge reduction bonuses affect your personal pet-specific equipping buffs and your ability to re-summon those pets faster. Plus additional support powers like tactics do affect your summoned pets.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

I just now read the OPs remark and am wondering.......why did anyone even respond?

I was feeling snarky already when I read the post...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

I just now read the OPs remark and am wondering.......why did anyone even respond?

Two-fold for me.

I get the frustration, life-long gamers IMO should understand that part.  You spend time and energy that seems lost, etc.

Meeting such frustration with some level of understanding, even while pointing out the delivery was rude, can help some humans get a handle on their emotions.

So, I posted what I did.

Now, however, after reading the other things the OP has posted on the forum, I have not really been bothered to try and interact with this any further.

It is obvious IMO that the OP loves to sling this kind of attitude, that everything is someone elses fault, "cool kids rag on the devs" attitude, so IMO it is a waste of time at this point, as your post alludes...

:)

There are people who I refer to as 'mud-stirrers'. They make remarks that open doors for angry/emotional remarks, then stand back and enjoy the chaos that ensues. You note that the OP did not respond or argue with all the folks who posted answers. This is the way I usually identify those kind of people and the very reason I won't feed their need. If they get no responses they might escalate for a while, but eventually move on to a place that they can feel important.

y0Y5yFQ.png Forever grateful to be back in my city!