After what I learned today I'll say this:this game didn't die without reasons

jslfrombx

For days now, I was wondering why are my pet with over 120% accuracy bonus, tactics etc, still struggle to hit +4 enemies (who are +6 to them), I thought at first maybe I am stupid and I don't understand how accuracy and to hit stat differ and work together or maybe I suck math  or I didn't understand the combat resolution article on the wiki. Well today I got the horrifying answer.

They simply don't have 120% accuracy bonus because the only set bonus that work on pet are the aura from the mastermind only set from the merit vendor, EVERYHTING else doesn't work. hahahaha, no really, it's all broken, the entire enhancement set bonus feature doesn't work for mastermind primary power pool. What a sad fucking joke.

bonus damage? don't work, bonus healing? don't work. bonus recharge? nop does nothing? Bonus accuracy ? nah, why would you want that for pet that are already penalized on their to hit by being lower level than you.

I didn't believe it at first because how the hell such  a gigantic failure of design could exist  in a commercial product, but after testing it, well it's true, the 80% something accuracy bonus I got from set bonus doesn't exist for my pet. I wasted my entire vacation time working my ass off to farm merit and influence to fully gear my main MM with purple IO set  to be the best she could be and it was all for nothing. I don't think there is a words strong enough to describe how utterly disgusted I am, all those hours of my life thrown away for nothing.

This crap makes the entire IO set feature of the game completely pointless for MM and the most flabbergasting thing  about it is,  this isn't even a last ditch stuff they put into the game right before closure, IO set have existed long before the game was shut down, the fact they never bothered to fix it is just disturbing.

I am not sure what's the saddest part is really , the complete lack of professionalism from these sorry devs or the  complete lack of backbone from the community who let it happens at the time, if any other game suddenly introduced an end game progression system that completely discriminate against one class just because the devs are too fucking lazy to code it, oh boy that wouldn't go quietly, I can imagine the Warframe forum if their devs tried something like that.

Flame all you want but right now  I wish I never learned the homecoming project existed, when I think I could have spend my vacation time catching up on some actually good game like divinity 2, or pillars of eternity, bleh.

But if you hadn’t learned about the game, however would you have been able to take time away from those other games and write an unnecessary snarky, mean spirited, insulting post.

Bye Bye

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

My compliments on the righteous indignation, the promotion of other games, and use of blame for everyone involved.

You got a jab in on how lazy everyone working is, one on how weak we all are as players, and made the allusion other MMOs do it all better, in both devs and players.

Personally, never did enjoy MMs myself, kind of boring.

Hope you find a game you like, or realize there are many more ATs to play in this one and re-apply your wealth of IOs.

For days now, I was wondering why are my pet with over 120% accuracy bonus, tactics etc, still struggle to hit +4 enemies (who are +6 to them), I thought at first maybe I am stupid and I don't understand how accuracy and to hit stat differ and work together or maybe I suck math  or I didn't understand the combat resolution article on the wiki. Well today I got the horrifying answer.

They simply don't have 120% accuracy bonus because the only set bonus that work on pet are the aura from the mastermind only set from the merit vendor, EVERYHTING else doesn't work. hahahaha, no really, it's all broken, the entire enhancement set bonus feature doesn't work for mastermind primary power pool. What a sad fucking joke.

bonus damage? don't work, bonus healing? don't work. bonus recharge? nop does nothing? Bonus accuracy ? nah, why would you want that for pet that are already penalized on their to hit by being lower level than you.

I didn't believe it at first because how the hell such  a gigantic failure of design could exist  in a commercial product, but after testing it, well it's true, the 80% something accuracy bonus I got from set bonus doesn't exist for my pet. I wasted my entire vacation time working my ass off to farm merit and influence to fully gear my main MM with purple IO set  to be the best she could be and it was all for nothing. I don't think there is a words strong enough to describe how utterly disgusted I am, all those hours of my life thrown away for nothing.

This crap makes the entire IO set feature of the game completely pointless for MM and the most flabbergasting thing  about it is,  this isn't even a last ditch stuff they put into the game right before closure, IO set have existed long before the game was shut down, the fact they never bothered to fix it is just disturbing.

I am not sure what's the saddest part is really , the complete lack of professionalism from these sorry devs or the  complete lack of backbone from the community who let it happens at the time, if any other game suddenly introduced an end game progression system that completely discriminate against one class just because the devs are too fucking lazy to code it, oh boy that wouldn't go quietly, I can imagine the Warframe forum if their devs tried something like that.

Flame all you want but right now  I wish I never learned the homecoming project existed, when I think I could have spend my vacation time catching up on some actually good game like divinity 2, or pillars of eternity, bleh.

Your ignorance on mechanics is 100% your fault. I have both of those games too! What I do before I invest massive time building characters in those is read and learn and then make decisions. Actually my first attempt at Pillars I didn't do that and my character was terrible. But instead of crying about it I decided to educate myself and I made a better party the next time. Those games hold your hand significantly less than City of Heroes, so good luck buddy.

I get the frustration at everything and everyone, but the takeaway ought to be there's no point doing anything in a video game if you're not having fun. Grinding for hypothetical future enjoyment is a recipe for disaster if you don't like the grind at all.

I get the frustration at everything and everyone, but the takeaway ought to be there's no point doing anything in a video game if you're not having fun. Grinding for hypothetical future enjoyment is a recipe for disaster if you don't like the grind at all.

Bingo!!

It's also the reason that the recharge reduction does not affect the pet's powers, but the recharge of the power CALLING the pets.

I have a MM and after following advice from the MM board I was happy at first. But as I get higher in level the pets at times seem weaker. I have blown a lot of influence on enhancements. The one thing I always had a problem within this game is that system. I never really liked it and thought I was just too costly. When I do groups my pets die so quickly and I spend more time trying to keep them alive even when doing solo content. I always play pet classes in MMO's if I can. But this one is the weakest I've ever played. I don't log in as much as I used to either because of other games too. It's more of a casual game to me now. I used to go hard when it came back out.

I can certainly emphasize with frustration over wasted(?) time.  This game is so easy to level, I wish more people would take their time and enjoy the ride. It's not like there's a ton of endgame.

But also, how do you make it to 50 without realizing that pets are teammates, not extensions of your toon? Or read a guide?

Luckily there are free respecs, so you can easily get your money back and redo the toon.

Luckily there are free respecs, so you can easily get your money back and redo the toon.

Or put the IOs into a different character that is programmed in a fashion of which you approve. for example.

Many options exist in addition to the "righteous indignation, I'll show myself out" post. ;)

There are even other ways to get a 'pet class' out of the game besides the MM.

Set bonuses are buffs, buffs to a toon buff the toon, not pets, not teammates, not friendly NPCs. This is known & has been known for like a decade.

I have a MM and after following advice from the MM board I was happy at first. But as I get higher in level the pets at times seem weaker. I have blown a lot of influence on enhancements. The one thing I always had a problem within this game is that system. I never really liked it and thought I was just too costly. When I do groups my pets die so quickly and I spend more time trying to keep them alive even when doing solo content. I always play pet classes in MMO's if I can. But this one is the weakest I've ever played. I don't log in as much as I used to either because of other games too. It's more of a casual game to me now. I used to go hard when it came back out.

You sir, said almost the same thing as the OP, but did it casually, without malice, and constructively...Thank you!

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

I’m sorry that you experienced that. Sure you could probably have figured it out beforehand with some more research, but I get that not everyone does that. Mistakes happen.

However, I don’t think it’s fair to call the devs unprofessional and blame the community. The devs are doing this for free except for voluntary donations to help cover server costs. And they have been more engaging and open than the devs in most of the other huge MMOs that I have played.

The community can be snarky, but it is also the best place to learn things and most people are willing to teach others.

As for what to do next: if you do not believe you can have fun in the game anymore you can proceed with one that you do enjoy. If you want to give this game another shot: you can always respec give them to an alt that can make use of them. I know it’s not the same, but won’t be a complete waste.

There are so many different combos you can experience that I believe there is still much fun to be had. I get that frustration and sense of loss make people lash out. And while I don’t think it was really fair, here’s hoping you give it another shot.

OP has been fairly thoroughly taken down by now, but I have to say, his commitment to being tonight's Angry Misinformed A-hole is almost impressive.

Almost.

Maybe his goal was a more subtle Nemesis style plot...To have the whole community pause, come together, and realize that truly we share more in common then separates us...

Nah...just a jerk signing off...

I can't let this post go by without saying something.... This game didn't DIE.. it was shut down by NCSoft. The game was still making money and still popular. It did NOT die, just because you didn't understand something doesn't mean the original dev team was lazy and your misunderstanding is why this game was shut down.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but the red side AT's (MM, Corr, Stalker, Brute, & Dom) were originally designed for players with more experience from blue side. Original heroes who had characters with pets knew that enhancements did not affect the pets in the same way that they affected the player's character calling the pet. My first 50 villain was a Bots/FF MM. So the AT did not BREAK the game, was not poorly designed, and there was no need for outrage from the player base. In fact, during beta testing of City of Villains, of which I was a part, the player base helped improve the AT and gave very good feedback about all the classes.

To be fair, what is, and isn't transferred to pets/pseudo pets is kind of convoluted. As it tends to be a case-by-case basis, and afaik there's no  "official documentation" for this. Closest thing being the wiki I'd imagine.

Even aas a vet I have a hard time keeping track of all that. For instance Lightning Storm.. Hasten (used) to be transferred to that. But does Buildup/Aim/Power Buildup? What if I pop a few reds. Do those transfer? I've totally forgotten xD

Heck do accuracy bonuses from IOs transfer? I am pretty sure they effect other pseudo pets such as Rain of Fire.

He said it in a really bad way, and probably should have looked into it first, but yeah, Masterminds really fall behind with IOs. They're fun for playing in solo missions or even in groups that want to go fast through content so don't set it at higher than +0, but a group doing +4s will all do fine if they're slotted decently, while all a MM will do there is stand there and be half a controller.

There is a rule about not feeding Trolls.

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

When your pets attack an enemy who is +6 to them, they suffer -30% to hit.  Just from the level imbalance.  Lieutenants, Bosses, Elite bosses, and Archvilains also impose penalties To-Hit.

That's just for starters.

And seriously, if you dial the Notoriety meter up that high, that you're facing +4's ... you're bending the system so hard, you should NOT be surprised if something breaks.

Only yourself to blame, really.

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

Yep. IO set bonuses not effecting an MMs pets is TOTALLY why NCSoft pulled the plug on a game that was still turning a profit. >.>

Always happy to answer questions in game, typically hanging around Help.
Global is @Zolgar, and tends to be tagged in Help.

• City Council

Yep. IO set bonuses not effecting an MMs pets is TOTALLY why NCSoft pulled the plug on a game that was still turning a profit. >.>

I will say, though, that this is not the most bizarre theory I've heard about the shutdown... just the least plausible.

"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!