Defeat Black Swan, Find Her Power Source

I'd estimate I've done this mission 50+ times.  I've only seen here on the land a few times.   Going straight to the ball and assuming she'll be there is pretty standard.

• Thumbs Up 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Same experience.  Rarely out on the land area but it does occasionally happen.   If I'm on a team I'll sometimes sail out over land spamming a find macro.  Usually if she's at the big ball, someone has ATT ready.

1 hour ago, MoonSheep said:

for future mishes, have you considered using a finding macro? i find it invaluable when looking for certain foe

For reference, what do you use for a finding macro?  I usually use "/macro T targetname sapper" and it is quick and easy to edit the target name to something else.

Who run Bartertown?

I prefer keybinds over macros, but the bind(s) I use are:

F10 "beginchat /bind SUBTRACT target_custom_next enemy alive "

I press F10, which populates the chat bar with most of my bind. I just need to type in the name of the critter (partial names work) I am looking for, then hit enter. I can then spam the SUBTRACT key on the numpad to search for the critter in question.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

For reference, what do you use for a finding macro?  I usually use "/macro T targetname sapper" and it is quick and easy to edit the target name to something else.

i use the macro noted by Chemist above this post. sometimes bind it to a key also 

/macro FIND target_custom_next enemy alive Sapper

for ease of use if i’m hopping about i’ll put the macro on the first tray and mash the 1 key when i need it heavily. helps so much for things like vines during the CoV respec TF, or surgeons during ITFs

• Like 2

An even simpler find bind, the one I use above all others, is /bind ADD target_custom_next enemy alive with no fancy additions. It's not selective, but if you're hovering over one of those immense maps looking for hostages or whatever, you can whack it at high speed with a mousing thumb and be done with a sector search before you can set up a more specific bind... and hostages etc. sometimes have varying names, which confuses things.

Just 'aim,' brr-brr-brr-brr-brr until you see the desired tag go by (white hostage, scary boss) and then cycle until you have a lock. Resposition from time to time on the cityscape, outdoor map, or that awful freakin' SS zone.

Late edit: including enemy may skip hostages and objectives, so don't use it for a general targeting bind. But this is really useful for things like Xmas gifts and such, too. The targeting is almost range-of-zone, so if you hover up high, any foe, hostage, item or the like in your cone of vision will pop up, regardless of 'visibility.' Go to selective search only when it's really helpful.

Edited by Shenanigunner
  • Like 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

There's a Black Swan mission that's part of Maria Jenkin's arc.  If I've done that arc 120 times (and that's no doubt an underestimate) then 120 times she's been in the Death Star for the mission in the arc. https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Maria_Jenkins#Meet_up_with_Positron

Maria also has Black Swan outside of the arc in a one-off mission https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Maria_Jenkins#Cut_off_Black_Swan's_source_of_power.  I rarely do this mission (let's say 5 times) but when I do she's always outside of the spaceship.  As mentioned above, a target macro makes this much easier.

• Like 1