Costumes, Costumes, Costumes!

Greetings i wanted to make this a poll, but apparently polls are disabled? Anyway the Devs do patrol this section so please sound off with your choice and hopefully (fingers crossed) we get some official feedback.

What costume choice would you like to see in game next?

A.          Asymmetrical Wings.  (2 different wings on your back)

B.          Asymmetrical Auras (different glowing fist colors)

C.          Globalized stealth opacity options for all invisibility powers.

D.         Unique foe costumes pieces.  (Loincloths, claws, scorpion tail)

Please only vote once.

United we stand as heroes!

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

From a practicality standpoint, C & D would probably the easiest to pull off.  Personally, I'd love to see A implemented.  I rarely use the more obvious auras, so B is not of much interest to me.  For D, though, I'd only want to see it implemented in a limited way - I don't think players should have full access to NPC costume pieces, as it'd lessen their uniqueness...

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, biostem said:

From a practicality standpoint, C & D would probably the easiest to pull off.  Personally, I'd love to see A implemented.  I rarely use the more obvious auras, so B is not of much interest to me.  For D, though, I'd only want to see it implemented in a limited way - I don't think players should have full access to NPC costume pieces, as it'd lessen their uniqueness...

I can agree on actually unique pieces. Like Recluse's spider legs, Swan's feathered outfit (though something with feathers would be appreciated for player characters), and so forth. "Unique" pieces that are found on relatively common foes though? I definitely want some of those pieces proliferated. particularly things like loincloths (male, female, and huge). Though the only enemies I know of that have an actual loincloth and not just the sybil dress without the belt is the Talons of Vengeance Oracle and the EBs you fight at the end of that slog mission defending the Midnighter's mansion in Night Ward.

• Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

Greetings i wanted to make this a poll, but apparently polls are disabled?

Just created a test topic, they don't appear to be. (Said post will be hidden to not clutter things.)

image.thumb.png.cd6928abe00c839e61ab26f03fde32cc.png

Edited by Greycat

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

On 5/26/2023 at 7:29 AM, Saiyajinzoningen said:

B.          Asymmetrical Auras (different glowing fist colors)

I recall one of the devs mentioning multiple auras as a possibility awhile back...  which could accomplish this idea.  But more than just different fists, it would be nice if we had the ability to mix different aura options... like maybe Electricity -> Eyes and Glow -> Body, or Fire -> Body and Smoke -> Body, and so on.

What I'd really like to see is some of the old auras being given the more specific body part options that newer auras have... like I get that if an existing aura doesn't have something already, adding it would be problematic... but if we have Electricity -> Hands, then why can't we split it to left or right hand only like the newer auras offer?

• Like 1

In order:

A. I need this.

D. Not a need so much as a WAAAAANT. Especially some things like Yin's and Swan's costume parts, Seer costumes especially the belts and collars, and the Sybil loin cloths.

C. I have a few characters this fits concept on.

B. Don't use these as much, but might if we could.

And more POC hairstyles, please. Please please please.

Edited by Kheprera

"WHAT DID SHE TAKE?!"

"The secure laptop in the lab. A prototype plasma hand cannon. Four quantum grenades, a phase field generator, a handful of tracking devices, Rauth's briefcase, body armor, a satellite phone, two SSDs, a Beretta 9mm, and my lunch."

7 hours ago, Kheprera said:

and the Sybil loin cloths.

Just for clarification because it seems not many people know this, but the sybils (including Sister Airlia and Sister Solaris) aren't wearing loincloths. Those are single-model dresses. It is the same dress you see on the Banished Pantheon shamanesses, except the shamanesses lack the corresponding belt so it looks like two separate pieces. Back on Icon, you could see the dress model. It is a special top and includes the skirt like the toga does. (Also, back on Icon, a lot of the Praetorian Seer options were available, and some of them broke the character model when used.)

3 minutes ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

What does C mean?

As in being able to take a stealth power but customize just how opaque it makes your character?

I don't understand the verbiage being used.

That was my interpretation - though I imagine the level of transparency would have to be set in steps - like maybe no transparency, 25%, 50%, etc...

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

What does C mean?

As in being able to take a stealth power but customize just how opaque it makes your character?

I don't understand the verbiage being used.

Some defined globalized transparency options would have been helpful in the OP, yes, but my take on it was the OP was asking for the minimal transparency effects others have been asking for to be proliferated to all stealth powers currently lacking it.