Aren’t the Tsoo a bit out of their league?

FFFF

So I ventured out to the new (to me, at least) Dark Astoria and saw zombies, the Banished Pantheon, Circle of Thorns, etc. What I didn’t expect were the Tsoo! 

The same Tsoo who are running protection rackets, gambling, and petty drug rackets in Steel Canyon? That Tsoo? I nearly laughed out loud. This is Daredevil vs. Galactus levels of mismatch. 

I mean come on, CoT are ancient undead magicians from a powerful civilization. The Banished Pantheon are devotees of an undying god of death. The Tsoo have um magic tattoos?

I realize that the Tsoo were chosen by the live devs, but it just felt like a miss. Feels like a missed opportunity to add a new magic-based villain group, or re-use the Mu civilization, maybe Carnival of Shadows? Are there no other high level magic threats?

Tsoo have always had a presence in Dark Astoria, even in the old version. I believe it's something like this:

The Tsoo criminal enterprises elsewhere more or less collapsed in the level 20-35 ranges of missions. Meanwhile, the Tsoo in Dark Astoria have always had a higher purpose as kind of anti-hero protectors who are trying to prevent the return of Mot, and have so far largely held that line without heroes and continue to not want their interference. Without the resources from their criminal organisations, that fight has gotten much harder and may have even been a factor in Mot's return.

In terms of power level, I believe that Tub Ci's tattoo artistry now taps into the well of furies. Or something. For the Tsoo, it's kind of an arms race.

So to answer your question, yes they are absolutely out of their league. But this is the hill they are willing to die on.

Edited by Lines
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

And the Tsoo are somehow able to have ancestor spirits just like hanging around them all the time, that's more than Daredevil can do!

• Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

1 hour ago, Lines said:

In terms of power level, I believe that Tub Ci's tattoo artistry now taps into the well of furies. Or something. For the Tsoo, it's kind of an arms race.

Don't think we didn't see what you did there.

• Haha 1

200w.gif

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Please come and join us on Friday at 2pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Friday Fashion Costume Contest On Excelsior (2pm Central Time)...

The Celestial Warriors Discord Channel...

I don't know, I think their power level is Tsootable for the zone.

• Thumbs Up 2

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

Just now, BjorJlen said:

200w.gif

Too Tsoon?

• Haha 1

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

Yes... lol

(Oh, and this be Snarky's new, new character to... Count SnagglePuss 😁)

27735236.gif

• Haha 2

Please come and join us on Friday at 2pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

4 hours ago, Go0gleplex said:

If they are there holding the line...wouldn't they be Tsooper heroes in that case or just Tsooper Troopers? 

No, they're just maintaining the status quo; acting as guardians, caretakers... Tsooperintendants, if you will.

• Thumbs Up 1

head-slap.gif

1 hour ago, BjorJlen said:

head-slap.gif

Are the Tsoo puns irritating you?

I'm Tsoo Tsoorry about that.

016195b5ca877b2823ead909c7638dd2.gif