The Sentinel GODS

Ston

On 6/17/2023 at 10:15 AM, Wimbochismo said:

In my build I have a 23.69 sec recharge on Meteor. If I'm reading city of data correctly, someone correct me if I'm wrong - every Seismic ability you use reduces the cooldown of the other abilities by a flat -1 sec. At max stacks, Seismic Force reduces the cooldown of the other Seismic abilities. For Meteor, this is -15 seconds. So 8.69 sec, less if you use other Seismic powers. 

It's not sustainable, but if you add +5 recharges to Seismic Force on a perma Hasten build... maybe some FF procs on top of that? Fastest recharging nuke in game.

@Underfyre sorry for some reason can’t quote your response. But man, seems like that is a lot of control via KD for a Sent haha. Best played on the ground however, right?

1 hour ago, BuiltDifferent5 said:

@Underfyre sorry for some reason can’t quote your response. But man, seems like that is a lot of control via KD for a Sent haha. Best played on the ground however, right?

Yup, all on the ground. It has some -fly too. For aoe: Upthrust, Rockshards, Meteor, and the PBAoE KD as you gain stacks. Stalagmites is also mag 3 stun.

You can play it anywhere on the battlefield. I took Cremate and stay in melee for the PBAoE too.

It's great because you can cycle your attacks and have options on where to burn your stacks. For aoe, Meteor then a stacked Seismic Force, Meteor asap, cycle aoes, spend more stacks on Rock Shards. Single target use Stalagmites stacks, Seismic Force with no stacks.

All the powers besides Meteor activate fairly quickly so it's pretty fast.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2023 at 2:15 AM, Wimbochismo said:

In my build I have a 23.69 sec recharge on Meteor. If I'm reading city of data correctly, someone correct me if I'm wrong - every Seismic ability you use reduces the cooldown of the other abilities by a flat -1 sec. At max stacks, Seismic Force reduces the cooldown of the other Seismic abilities. For Meteor, this is -15 seconds. So 8.69 sec, less if you use other Seismic powers. 

It's not sustainable, but if you add +5 recharges to Seismic Force on a perma Hasten build... maybe some FF procs on top of that? Fastest recharging nuke in game.

Seismic/SR though seems like a tough pairing, not for SR's +'s or Seismic's +'s but because of the shoring down of choices in either one or both in conjunction with pools to achieve something decent.  How too are your numbers compared to what would be built out of a force field corruptor (and with their acceess to power boost) too (sentinel's inherent withstanding mind you)?

Edited by Sanguinesun

7 hours ago, Sanguinesun said:

Seismic/SR though seems like a tough pairing, not for SR's +'s or Seismic's +'s but because of the shoring down of choices in either one or both in conjunction with pools to achieve something decent.  How too are your numbers compared to what would be built out of a force field corruptor (and with their acceess to power boost) too (sentinel's inherent withstanding mind you)?

I have a Water/FF Corruptor and the Seismic/SR Sent. It's a bit of an odd comparison but I'll give a run down. Both sets have perma Hasten. I didn't feel like I had any issue's on either when it came down to choices and power picks. Both combo's play very differently and involve different amounts of power/slotting investments.

For powers and slotting - SR needs lots of slots and most of the powers in the set. Outside of SR, I needed kick/tough/weave and Combat Jumping to softcap all positional defenses. Seismic needs most of the powers as well. On FF I just needed full slotting in Dispersion and Force Bomb, but needed Maneuver's in addition to Fighting and Jumping pools. More slots can go to attacks and you can select more Epic pool powers, though.

In terms of procs, with no detriment to other area's of the builds, I could fit roughly 20 dmg/FF rech procs in my Water/FF. For my Sei/SR I could get around 16 procs.

On SR I have 45 to all positional defenses. Debuff Resistance/Status Protection/Status Resistance are all much higher and wider ranging on SR. For FF I have 45 ranged defense, and 30 to all other defenses. This is sans Power Boost because it doesn't play well with toggles. Debuff Resistance etc is lower than SR.

In terms of damage? Seismic win's out in single target, with the inherent and how I have my slotting. For aoe the Water Corruptor wins out. For Sent's, you have a target cap of 6 on cones and 10 on targeted aoe's. On Corruptor's, especially Water the target caps on all aoe's is 16. You can partially get around this with faster recharging aoe's on Sent's.

Quick summary:

SR Sents are just flat out way tankier but needs more slotting investment. In the long run I still had flexibility to choose 2 additional powers and one different pool, and an Epic melee attack. Better single target dmg.

FF Corruptor's can easily softcap only 1 (maybe other's if you pick Scorp Shield etc) positional defense. You have more slotting flexibility, and chances to pick more Epic powers. But you more easily get locked into Speed/Fighting/Leadership/Jumping(or Stealth/Flight). They're less tanky overall but excel in aoe dmg.

Edit: With the caveat that my FF/Water is made for aoe. I don't know how Sent vs Corr single target dmg plays out.

Edited by Wimbochismo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later
On 6/14/2023 at 10:53 PM, Ston said:

+4/x8 Solo ITF (No inspirations, no temp powers, no deaths)
Dark Blast / Super Reflexes Sentinel

(T4 Intuition Radial, T4 Ageless Core, T4 Degen Core, T4 Longbow Radial, T4 Pyronic Core, T4 Assault Radial)

Hey @Ston!  Just out of curiosity, did you ever complete a trapdoor run with this toon? I am wondering how well /SR compares to /Bio in terms of clearing speed.

I am wondering if the +DMG bio brings is very significant compared to any other set?

I feel like SR is one of the most tankiest sets for sentinels, and although Bio can improve dmg, is worth it giving up survivability for X amount of extra damage?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cheddacheese said:

Hey @Ston!  Just out of curiosity, did you ever complete a trapdoor run with this toon? I am wondering how well /SR compares to /Bio in terms of clearing speed.

I am wondering if the +DMG bio brings is very significant compared to any other set?

I feel like SR is one of the most tankiest sets for sentinels, and although Bio can improve dmg, is worth it giving up survivability for X amount of extra damage?

i’ve done trapdoor runs with both and they come out to similar times. i like ST more because you can avoid all debuffs. bio loses evolving armor which is what makes it so good on other ATs IMO.

rad armor has my fastest sentinel trapdoor runs because it gets an extra nuke in ground zero.

bio, sr, and others can lose clear speed when enemies run away. rad can mitigate this by putting a knockdown proc in ground zero.

if you are on teams, i’d recommend SR or Bio because you won’t worry as much about killing every enemy in a group. if you’re solo, i’d recommend Rad.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 7/3/2023 at 6:53 AM, Ston said:

i’ve done trapdoor runs with both and they come out to similar times. i like ST more because you can avoid all debuffs. bio loses evolving armor which is what makes it so good on other ATs IMO.

rad armor has my fastest sentinel trapdoor runs because it gets an extra nuke in ground zero.

bio, sr, and others can lose clear speed when enemies run away. rad can mitigate this by putting a knockdown proc in ground zero.

if you are on teams, i’d recommend SR or Bio because you won’t worry as much about killing every enemy in a group. if you’re solo, i’d recommend Rad.

A dirty test with turning off Offensive Adaptation gives a taste of what it is to play with other armors, and it was an extra minute on the pylon. Considering Bio is reasonably defensive and Sentinel is safe and sturdy I really can't advocate for other armors other than Rad (eat all the damage, but have extra nuke) and Bio (defensive enough and extra damage.

I feel like a Storm/Rad might be something to try with Storm protecting the player as it goes into melee to detonate stuff while Rad adds some damage the set lacks, and I'll test it once the new patch hits live. But Storm already suffers from prep time and the pairing would add a THIRD long animation skill. I feel by the time a Storm/Rad has placed Storm Cell, Cat, 5, used Intensify, and finally detonated Ground Zero, that the fight is over already (2.2 + 2.6 + 1.3 + 3.1 = 10-ish seconds. Average full team fights are in the 15 ish landmark)

• Like 1

On 6/14/2023 at 2:53 PM, Ston said:

They're just blasters with a little less damage and mez protection. Fight me.

It's funny you mention damage lacking and fighting you - I tried a Electric/Regen Sentinel in PvP kickballs a while back. Plenty of survivability when played competently, but the itty bitty range and "if less than Blaster damage then GTFO" when selecting teams made me bench it permanently. In PvE it was fun learning how insignificant the +Chance for Heal procs are, even when slotted in nearly all attacks and added to autos. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

• 5 weeks later
  • 4 weeks later
On 6/18/2023 at 12:15 AM, Wimbochismo said:

Adding that to the list of "stupid dumb tricks for Sentinels" to try. 

I've soloed one on a fire/nin, on the first advanced difficulty. I skipped the optional encounters. For the most part there is no hard wall at this tier (no AVs with huge regen/resistance or what have you), you just need patience and discipline with positioning. Ripplesurge is the exception, bit of a DPS check as you need to clear the summons quick and still keep pressure on blue boy - Lore pets and insps were instrumental there for my build.