The Sentinel GODS

Ston

They're just blasters with a little less damage and mez protection. Fight me.

If you've done some cool stuff with a Sentinel, post it here!

+4/x8 Solo ITF (No inspirations, no temp powers, no deaths)
Dark Blast / Super Reflexes Sentinel

(T4 Intuition Radial, T4 Ageless Core, T4 Degen Core, T4 Longbow Radial, T4 Pyronic Core, T4 Assault Radial)

actual gameplay time was around 2 hours

image.thumb.png.c369e6bbe104fae8292aa8aea7949e52.png

Edited by Ston
  • Thumbs Up 3

I tried a solo +4/x8 buffed mobs ITF back before they were buffed with a Fire/SR Sentinel. I have done it on Tankers before but not a Sentinel. It went fairly ok. I bit the dust on Rom though and never returned with a Sentinel lol. 

I have since rolled a Fire/Bio sentinel fully procced and i actually enjoyed and still enjoy playing that character. Maybe a Fire/Stone will be my next but Sentinel SR is a very good secondary. 

Edited by Gobbledigook
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, StriderIV said:

I’ve been contemplating a Water Blast Sentinel. Perhaps Water/Rad or Water/Regen.

I had a Water/Regen in the pre-buff era that was fine. That's it, just fine. Fun enough. 

After the buffs I rolled a Water/Bio. Whole different waterpolo game. Do recommend. 

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

I had a Water/Regen in the pre-buff era that was fine. That's it, just fine. Fun enough. 

After the buffs I rolled a Water/Bio. Whole different waterpolo game. Do recommend. 

Bio was the other option I was looking at! I could see Water Blast bringing some utility to Bio and Bio bringing the extra damage to Water. Sounds pretty synergistic.

15 minutes ago, StriderIV said:

Bio was the other option I was looking at! I could see Water Blast bringing some utility to Bio and Bio bringing the extra damage to Water. Sounds pretty synergistic.

I have a 50 water/bio sentinel.  It's a good combination, but not particularly outstanding in any one area, TBH.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Ston said:

Fire Blast / Radiation Armor Trapdoor Test - 4:12

Do you happen to remember what the Fire/Bio got on Trapdoor and what the Fire/Rad got on the pylon?

13 hours ago, Ston said:

actual gameplay time was around 2 hours

My fire/bio sent pulled that off as well but it took me a helluva lot longer than 2 hours due to the AVs rabbiting all over the map.

Edit: That was before the Sent updates. If I ever get back to playing, maybe I'll give it another go.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba

4 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

My fire/bio sent pulled that off as well but it took me a helluva lot longer than 2 hours due to the AVs rabbiting all over the map.

Edit: That was before the Sent updates. If I ever get back to playing, maybe I'll give it another go.

That was really just an estimation but I could be off. I just know the first 3 missions took about an hour, not sure how long I spent on the last one though. I’m planning on running it again soon with Fire/Bio or Rad/Bio to see how it does with a little more damage.

The AT feels pretty good though. I really like the opportunity debuff when fighting EBs and AVs

I know it isn't quite top tier speed for trapdoor but my electric/super reflex sentinel can do it in about 7:45 and doesn't worry at all about survival. I probably could improve my clear time if I put more procs into my build or switched to a secondary like bio. This combo does seem to pull off the feel of being very tough while still putting out good damage.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

<Witch> of Everlasting

<Mythical Creature> of Excelsior
Global Name: @Mythical Creature
"Monsters are real and they look like people." - Unknown

On 6/14/2023 at 6:46 PM, biostem said:

I have a 50 water/bio sentinel.  It's a good combination, but not particularly outstanding in any one area, TBH.

Do you think Rad Armor or Regen would pair better with it? Energy Aura seems solid as well.

8 hours ago, StriderIV said:

Do you think Rad Armor or Regen would pair better with it? Energy Aura seems solid as well.

I have a 50 dual pistols/radiation armor sentinel that is very fun to play.  I have a 20-30-something fire/EA sent that feels very good, but it's too early for me to tell for certain...

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Force Redux said:

I think I see what you did there.... 🤫😊

Be honest.  Do you REALLY expect ANYTHING other from me?

"Nah!  This thing was effing SQUISHY!  AND I LOVED IT!"

🤔

• Haha 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

57 minutes ago, Wimbochismo said:

I don't think I've made any huge achievements in game on my Sents...

But, in my Seismic/Super Reflexes build I have 45 def to all positions, perma hasten, and a sub 8 sec recharge on Meteor. Yup, a Tier 9 nuke every 8 secs...

How have you gotten over 1,100% recharge? I thought there was a hard cap of 500%. 

8 minutes ago, MirrorDarkly said:

How have you gotten over 1,100% recharge? I thought there was a hard cap of 500%. 

In my build I have a 23.69 sec recharge on Meteor. If I'm reading city of data correctly, someone correct me if I'm wrong - every Seismic ability you use reduces the cooldown of the other abilities by a flat -1 sec. At max stacks, Seismic Force reduces the cooldown of the other Seismic abilities. For Meteor, this is -15 seconds. So 8.69 sec, less if you use other Seismic powers. 

It's not sustainable, but if you add +5 recharges to Seismic Force on a perma Hasten build... maybe some FF procs on top of that? Fastest recharging nuke in game.

• Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, Wimbochismo said:

In my build I have a 23.69 sec recharge on Meteor. If I'm reading city of data correctly, someone correct me if I'm wrong - every Seismic ability you use reduces the cooldown of the other abilities by a flat -1 sec. At max stacks, Seismic Force reduces the cooldown of the other Seismic abilities. For Meteor, this is -15 seconds. So 8.69 sec, less if you use other Seismic powers. 

It's not sustainable, but if you add +5 recharges to Seismic Force on a perma Hasten build... maybe some FF procs on top of that? Fastest recharging nuke in game.

Thanks for the breakdown! I have not played Seismic yet and didn't realize it got a flat recharge reduction.