Since, we seem to have an influx of new players. Repeat PSA about Freakshow Super Stunners

KaizenSoze

I have noticed folks not really understanding how to deal with Super Stunner again. They are dropping the mob, then running away as it rezes. There is no point, the damage is done, you might as well stay right there and finish the mob off.

Their rez power is called, Reserve Power, and it has a 25' radius and is auto hit. So, you cannot avoid it except to deal the final blow at range. Of course, some folks want the rez for the extra exp, but given the amount of useless running away I am seeing. I don't think players understand how the power works.

Side note, has anyone noticed it's often taking a second long for the Super stunners to rez? Feels like server lag.

Previous discussion:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, MoonSheep said:

i thought all freakshow had a chance to rez if in melee range?

All freakshow, except Super Stunners, have a 20% chance to rez. Nothing to do with players nearby.

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=freakshow.freakshow_inherent_defense.revive&at=minion_grunt

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

If the Super Stunner is the only one they're running away from finishing, you are a lucky bug.  A great many of the Penny Yin TFs I've run of late have half to 2/3 of the team bolt for the next big mob group with only 60%-70% of the Freaks dropped in the previous group. That's not counting Freak rezzes.  There's a disconcerting opinion out there, based on player "posture" (that is, how they act and move characters), that finishing a group is beneath them and is for the "lesser" members of the team to deal with.  In reality, it is the responsible members of the team who remain behind to clean up.    I've even had one or two PYTFs where they smash through every group to the PCPD door and then are baffled why the door won't open.  It's the trail of mess left behind, "teammates". 

If they're new, I can partially forgive them for not understanding the rez situation, but even then, finish the group off.  Honestly, these people will drive me to join the I ♥️Snarky fan club.  I can only hope the club has T-shirts in my size.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Techwright said:

If the Super Stunner is the only one they're running away from finishing, you are a lucky bug.  A great many of the Penny Yin TFs I've run of late have half to 2/3 of the team bolt for the next big mob group with only 60%-70% of the Freaks dropped in the previous group. That's not counting Freak rezzes.  There's a disconcerting opinion out there, based on player "posture" (that is, how they act and move characters), that finishing a group is beneath them and is for the "lesser" members of the team to deal with.  In reality, it is the responsible members of the team who remain behind to clean up.    I've even had one or two PYTFs where they smash through every group to the PCPD door and then are baffled why the door won't open.  It's the trail of mess left behind, "teammates". 

If they're new, I can partially forgive them for not understanding the rez situation, but even then, finish the group off.  Honestly, these people will drive me to join the I ♥️Snarky fan club.  I can only hope the club has T-shirts in my size.

If you think this bad on Yin, try a Market Crash. I have seen five rez'ed freak tanks running around in beating up the lowbies/squishies while the 50s are jumping three spawns ahead in the first mission.

It's been annoying me for awhile.

• Thumbs Up 1

Respec Weekend

Freakshow

Many First Timers on Team

Multi-Super Stunner Death Pop in team furball

Wipe at wrong time

Look, I don't know how Haiku's work.

• Haha 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

On 6/24/2023 at 8:00 AM, KaizenSoze said:

I have noticed folks not really understanding how to deal with Super Stunner again. They are dropping the mob, then running away as it rezes. There is no point, the damage is done, you might as well stay right there and finish the mob off.

It's probably worth noting though that if you run away before the damage is dealt, you don't get caught by the rez debuff either.  So if one's playing on melee, you can do a jousting-type maneuver where you queue up an attack and run/jump past them.  I frequently do this myself, and it's a pretty helpful approach.  That said occasionally when on a team someone else finishes one of first, and thus my joust ends up mis-timed and thus it probably looks like I'm running away after it's too late...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lazarillo said:

That said occasionally when on a team someone else finishes one of first, and thus my joust ends up mis-timed and thus it probably looks like I'm running away after it's too late...

This happens a lot.   You can't really predict when someone else is going to pop the Stunner with a heavy attack.

What I try to do with Super Stunners is use a Nem Staff to punt them away from the bulk of the team.  Someone might still be in melee with them when they die but the fewer in range, the less health the rezzed Stunner will have.

What is all this about the R3z0rz?

No one bringing up that you don't get xp for them being defeated a 2nd time?!

On 6/26/2023 at 8:36 AM, High_Beam said:

Look, I don't know how Haiku's work.

"Typically, every first line of Haiku has 5 syllables, the second line has 7 syllables, and the third has 5 syllables." - da 1n73rw3bz

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

5 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

What is all this about the R3z0rz?

Last I checked you not just get XP for the rez, but you also get badge credit, as there is a Super Stunner defeat badge and basically only requires half the numbers it says because of the self rez.

5 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

You get their full XP on the second defeat as well, but as an "exchange", Freakshow of basically all types are only worth 80% the normal XP relative to other mobs of their same level.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Arbegla said:

Last I checked you not just get XP for the rez, but you also get badge credit, as there is a Super Stunner defeat badge and basically only requires half the numbers it says because of the self rez.

I never checked, but I have a friend I game with the complains about it every time we fight freaks.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

13 hours ago, Lazarillo said:

It is not haiku.

Haiku need kigo as well

Summer sunflowers

As summer grows hot,

The Freakshow rez from the dead.

Doctor Vahzilok?

Edited by UltraAlt

11 hours ago, Lazarillo said:

You get their full XP on the second defeat as well, but as an "exchange", Freakshow of basically all types are only worth 80% the normal XP relative to other mobs of their same level.

That's probably what they were complaining about then.

I knew it had something to do with not getting the xp that they felt that they deserved to be getting.

So I guess the xp was reduced to make up from the extra xp from the R3z0rZ.

23 hours ago, ZemX said:

What I try to do with Super Stunners is use a Nem Staff to punt them away from the bulk of the team.  Someone might still be in melee with them when they die but the fewer in range, the less health the rezzed Stunner will have.

Somewhere in the city, an Energy Blaster looks up, and sees the Knockback Signal shining on the clouds above.

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

For the record I know how haiku's work, I was trying to be funny since what I posed was so not a haiku.

• Thanks 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

46 minutes ago, Tiger Shadow said:

I've said this before, but what I hate about the Freakshow rez is that when I do 5 Freakshow missions and 1 Council, I'll waste 20 seconds after every group of Council waiting to see if they rez.

Its cooler now that Council occasionally turn into werewolves and run half way across the map after transforming.