How come you can’t play it on your phone

savair

Thats an entirely different system and multiple different systems at that.  They would have to make the computer version and multiple phone versions.  I can only imagine touch screen controls on a small screen would suck in addition to the game only getting updates every 2 years since they would have to code it 4 times.  And that the devs might not even be trained on developing for phones.

Edited by TheZag
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, savair said:

I mean would that be fun 

Be happy it already plays on a potato …

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

It's a two-decade-old game with an all-volunteer dev team who are still pumping out regular updates and allowing us all to play for free.

But hey, why aren't they doing even more, am I right?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

Shortest answer: the game engine was made in 2004. 

It is not as simple as modern games on a modern Developer Kit where compiling a mobile build is built in.  The engine was made before Android and iOS. Massive undertaking for a handful of folks to enjoy.  (And even if it did happen, zero chance of being in the Play Store or App Store, same as Steam.)

If you really insist on playing by phone, get used to remote play and using Bluetooth controllers/keyboard and mouse... which is still 2 devices engaged with playing a single game.

Inactive account.  For current info, see GM_Tock.

17 hours ago, Nyghtmaire said:

Be happy it already plays on a potato …

And of course, there's the obvious issue of there not being any potato smartphones...yet. 

(Should I be disturbed that there's an indiegogo for this, and that it's raised $3280 so far?)

Edited by Techwright
added link
  • Haha 1

Just another reason the failure of the Windows Phone is such a tragedy.

Which brings the total number of reasons to... one.

Wait, just the one?

Kevin, is this right?

It is?

Well... still tragic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

On 7/2/2023 at 1:09 PM, savair said:

I mean would that be fun 

Even if you could get the game running on an emulator on a phone, how would you control it?  Not only is CoH a heavily keyboard-reliant game, but the text and such would be extremely small.  I had a GPD Win a while back, and I was able to get CoH to run on it, (using the -usetexenvcombine command), it just wasn't a very pleasant experience due to the small screen.  The smallest I would say you could play the game on that I found confortable was an 11.6" laptop...

Edited by biostem

The fact that you cant play it on a phone is awesome.  I wish more things resisted the urge to go stupid like that.

Edited by High_Beam
spelling.
  • Like 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

I would hate a phone version of this game - with the caveat that

a) building a character in the costume creator might be fun while not at your desktop

b) trading in the AH might be useful

But that said, I don't think either of those options are necessary or particularly valuable so I'm quite happy with how the game is currently. To my mind, updated character models would be far more preferable.

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.