Can someone explain this to me

savair

You want only 1 now,  and the posts above are how to get rid of them on the original expandable bar.  The extras in the corner should be removable by right clicking in some of the empty space near the bars number.  But by the time you are lvl 32,  you will probably want one of them back and by 50 you will wish you can fit everything on less than 5 bars.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheZag said:

You want only 1 now,  and the posts above are how to get rid of them on the original expandable bar.  The extras in the corner should be removable by right clicking in some of the empty space near the bars number.  But by the time you are lvl 32,  you will probably want one of them back and by 50 you will wish you can fit everything on less than 5 bars.

This.

I play on a very large screen (TV as monitor) and use a strange key setup (razer tarterus)  I have to have all 3 expanded out to get the Razer to recognize the keybinds.  Then I just leave that to one side and have 5-7 trays out around the middle bottom of the screen.  Two are keyed to the ones opened in the orig bar and are my attacks..  The third over there is stuff like reveal and other utilities.  the others are incarnate powers, temp powers, you name it.  Some characters have keybinds beyond the tarterus and that when the larger number of trays come out.  Ice Blast has 3 keys for each AoE rain.  1) center on me 2) center on target 3) get a reticle to drop normal.  I have never run a MM for long but that would be insane.

22 hours ago, Snarky said:
On 7/3/2023 at 7:28 PM, TheZag said:

This.

I play on a very large screen (TV as monitor) and use a strange key setup (razer tarterus)  I have to have all 3 expanded out to get the Razer to recognize the keybinds.  Then I just leave that to one side and have 5-7 trays out around the middle bottom of the screen.  Two are keyed to the ones opened in the orig bar and are my attacks..  The third over there is stuff like reveal and other utilities.  the others are incarnate powers, temp powers, you name it.  Some characters have keybinds beyond the tarterus and that when the larger number of trays come out.  Ice Blast has 3 keys for each AoE rain.  1) center on me 2) center on target 3) get a reticle to drop normal.  I have never run a MM for long but that would be insane.

What they said.

I play on a 17" laptop screen and I use 5 or more bars. You likely have powers available that you need to put on others bars already. Just hit the arrows next to the power tray number to change to another tray.

Power_bars.thumb.JPG.f48a13e8710da58b9778208665e8cdda.JPG

• Thumbs Up 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

And then once you have them like you want them, right-click and select "Lock tray numbers" so you don't accidentally change them.

In mid-combat.

From your offensive powers tray to your travel powers tray.

Ask me how I know.

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

16 hours ago, DoctorDitko said:

And then once you have them like you want them, right-click and select "Lock tray numbers" so you don't accidentally change them.

In mid-combat.

Ask me how I know.

lol well makes a change from  “ Death by R” 🥴

you might want to keep your UI "uncluttered" but believe me, there's a huge penalty for doing so in this game.

I have my UI set up with 7 trays by default. Not every tray is filled with powers but the top three are completely full, then I have others for temp powers, purchasable travel powers, stuff form P2W, Costume powers, a rubber duck, a cutlery set, saucepans, a handy desktop beer fridge, shark repellent spray*, various domestic appliances and a cuddly toy

Think of your trays as your utility belt. You need to take what you need to take. By not making use of the flexibility of the UI you are probably deliberately gimping yourself.

*Not guaranteed effective vs Cap'n Mako

There's a fine line between a numerator and a denominator but only a fraction of people understand that.

On 7/9/2023 at 5:14 PM, DoctorDitko said:

In mid-combat.

Ask me how I know.

Unfortunately, locking the trays is only "kinda sorta".

I've locked trays before, and in the middle of combat, have managed to cause them to flip to a different tray.

So the trays aren't REALLY locked.  You're just taking away the arrow interface to LESSEN the chances of them inadvertently flipping.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!