New character concept

0th Power

• Game Master
9 hours ago, Captain Fabulous said:

FORUM CLEANSER!

I don't know if that film will be as popular outside the US. Everyone I know has zero interest in it. American biopics and revisionist history generally have a smaller appeal in the rest of the world. It might do well because of the hype, but from what I've read there doesn't seem to be much (if any) reference to the work done by the UK and Canada before the Manhattan Project was formed. Not to take away from Oppenheimer and his team, or the abominable way he was treated afterwards, but contrary to popular media America didn't single handedly save the world while the rest of us looked on in admiration 🙂 

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, GM Crumpet said:

America didn't single handedly save the world

Clearly no, America didn't. Germany had already fallen to the Allied forces, Italy bowed out early and amazingly avoided the negative backlash the other Axis powers were subjected to. Every time I see something regarding the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki I feel a bit ashamed that my country felt that was the only way to end the ongoing conflict. It was nothing to be proud of and had to be a difficult choice for all those involved. However, Japan's collective sense of Duty and Honor would have kept the war going indefinitely, with a much greater death toll. The price we are still paying is that the Genie is out of the bottle, Pandora's Box is wide open, every regime is on a quest to have that power, and there is no way back from there.

• Thumbs Up 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

• Game Master
10 minutes ago, Marine X said:

Clearly no, America didn't. Germany had already fallen to the Allied forces, Italy bowed out early and amazingly avoided the negative backlash the other Axis powers were subjected to. Every time I see something regarding the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki I feel a bit ashamed that my country felt that was the only way to end the ongoing conflict. It was nothing to be proud of and had to be a difficult choice for all those involved. However, Japan's collective sense of Duty and Honor would have kept the war going indefinitely, with a much greater death toll. The price we are still paying is that the Genie is out of the bottle, Pandora's Box is wide open, every regime is on a quest to have that power, and there is no way back from there.

I'll give America it's due for the Pacific side of things, that was horrific and there was much suffering. America took the brunt of that with support from the other allied powers, but sadly it wasn't as much as it needed due to them being busy this side of the Atlantic. From what I understand it was a damned if you do and damned if you don't with the Atom bombs. Japan would never have surrendered and would have had to be subjugated completely or annihilated. Their code of honour was such that they wouldn't have accepted any other result. Until Hiroshima and Nagasaki. That showed them that annihilation was on the table and America was done playing. If they wanted it to end America would accept the surrender. If they didn't America would bomb them so hard there wouldn't have been a country left. Germany had surrendered, Europe was  winding down, but there was an alliance that would have stomped all over Japan and left a greasy stain now they were free to help. The bombs were vile, but they saved a lot of lives in the long run. America held to the adage "Only make a threat if you are willing to follow it through". We non Americans often joke about how Hollywood always shows America as the saviour of the world, but  without America as an ally the world would be a very different place.

• Thumbs Up 3

"Americans will always do the right thing, only after they have tried everything else."

-- Winston Churchill

Regarding Oppenheimer:  I think many will go see it because of it's director and cast as much or more than because of it's subject.

Regarding OP:  I always thought it was: 

Give you up: Never

Let you down: Never

Run around and desert you: Never

Make you cry: Never

Say goodbye: :Never

Tell a lie and hurt you: Never

Now you've been Rikti Rolled: Again!

12 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

"Americans will always do the right thing, only after they have tried everything else."

-- Winston Churchill

Regarding Oppenheimer:  I think many will go see it because of it's director and cast as much or more than because of it's subject.

Regarding OP:  I always thought it was: 

Give you up: Never

Let you down: Never

Run around and desert you: Never

Make you cry: Never

Say goodbye: :Never

Tell a lie and hurt you: Never

Now you've been Rikti Rolled: Again!

I had something like that at first, but it seemed a bit yodaish.