Web Planner

Hello...
I'm incredibly nervous about posting this...

The CoH community is absolutely amazing.  And because 've gained so much from the community's time and efforts.  I thought i would open up and offer, however small, what 've built.

've recreated a Build Planner for the Web.

Why?  Because wanted to create something for me to use on my mobile device; and a whole bunch of other reasons. 
Why am i posting?  100% because wanted to give whatever i have already, back to the community.

The repo is Here
Site with already compiled Win executables (sorry haven't compiled on other platforms, although it should compile), and also some small notes are located Here
The almost PWA is Here    And yes, loading is a bit bothersome, for now.

Thank you community.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8
  • Thumbs Up 1

This is an impressive first effort.  The interface feels a bit cramped, but it's no worse than the current version of Mids'.  Finding the pool power dropdowns took a minute because I wasn't looking for a horizontal scroll bar, but once I located that, it was easy enough.  The pop-up tool tips obscure the dropdown menus, though, making it difficult to figure out what you're clicking on.  Offsetting those would help.  The two Details panes don't seem to serve any purpose, removing those would open it up a bit.

I have no idea how to use enhancements with this planner, though.  Clicking a slot (any click, left, right, Shift/Ctrl/Alt or any combination thereof) just brings up the power description.  Clicking the power adds a slot (and there doesn't seem to be any way to remove it), clicking the power icon removes the power, and clicking enhancement icons on the power in the left dropdowns doesn't do anything, either.  I can create a build right up to the point of enhancements, then it's a dead stop.

There's also nothing for accolades, temporary powers or Incarnates.  I know it's a work in progress, just mentioning it.

It's functional enough to rough out a build already, which is seriously impressive.  It's more responsive than Mids', and less resource intensive, two things that I really like because I always keep Mids' open in the background when I'm playing (i'll frequently stop in the middle of whatever i'm doing and fiddle with a build, just because something popped into my head).  The lack of detail granularity (hard numbers on things like endurance cost, recharge time, etc) will send me back to that application for complete builds until this becomes more feature-complete, though.

2 hours ago, dimmoro said:

I'm incredibly nervous about posting this...

Oh, hell no, you have nothing to be concerned about.  This is more than anyone's managed in almost twenty years.  A web planner that can be used on tablets and phones is, by itself, an answer to a lot of players dreams.  You should be proud, what you've built is a monumental step forward in Co* build planning.

• Like 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

I'll echo most of what Luminara said. It looks quite nice, and was intuitive enough that I was able to go from a blank slate to a roughed out build in a matter of minutes, and for the stuff that wasn't immediately obvious, it didn't take me very long to figure out what I was missing. Up until it came time to add enhancements, that is, but maybe that feature isn't in yet so no worries.

I think it looks great and I am really impressed. Over the years there have been at least two attempts at building a web planner that I have watched with great interest, only to watch them both fall silent and, I assume, die on the vine. This has great promise and is already much farther along than either of those two efforts.

And you have absolutely nothing to be nervous about! This is a fantastic contribution and I sincerely hope you stick with it. If there is anything I can do to help out (mostly in terms of testing, I know squat about coding something like this), please let me know.

WOW.

Thank you so much for the feedback.  This community, is awesome.

Sorry about the bug.
There was a bug, that prevented the Enhancements pop-up from opening.  It should be updated now.  On the upper right of the app, under the Quasar version should say `339bc9b7`; that's the latest.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

The enhancements seem to work well now. I did notice a couple of bugs, though, spoilered below:

Spoiler

1. The tool will allow one to slot multiple copies of the same enhancement. For instance, I could slot two of Thunderstrike: Accuracy/Damage in the same power, and that should not be possible.

2. There is a slight typo in the web tool name in the upper left (Talon Planer instead of Talon Planner)

3. When the data finishes loading, the little popup in the lower left says 'Loading is Pau!' That's not necessarily a typo, I am just not sure what 'Pau' means (unless it is a pop culture reference that I am missing)

I can also just DM bugs to you if you prefer not to clutter the thread unnecessarily.

Fantastic start, I'm excited to see what comes of this. From my initial playing around with it, I like what I see. However, I was unable to load a .mbd file.

Edit: I'll add, the title to this thread is fairly generic, so I'm glad I clicked on it anyways. You might want to call this Web-based Character Build Planner, or something like that, so that folks have a better chance finding it in searches.

Edited by Bopper
  • Thumbs Up 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

You should take the primary and secondary data and incorporate it into the actual build area so it is a single column format. Case in point, in the Build area, I would show what sets are used for the power selected just below where the power is listed versus in a completely different section.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

• 1 month later