Best way to help lower-level players in-game?

biostem

• Game Master
38 minutes ago, MoonSheep said:

Low level mission teams are almost non existent thesedays with DFB and double XP catapulting people to level 20

the days of running frostfire, lowbie kings row missions etc are long gone. the extreme pace of the game removes the gradual learning curve people experience through running that type of content

most of us have less free time compared to 15 years ago, spending 2-3 months of regular gameplay to reach 50 is out of the question for many of us, can always be nostalgic though 😀

apart from the absolutely crawl lvl 39-45 used to be.. not nostalgic about that

True, most people who are doing low level content are doing it solo so they don't outlevel the content and end up trying to run +4 and still have everything green or grey

• Like 1

The #1 thing I try to do is answer questions in /help accurately and promptly.

#2 I sometimes give them money -IF- I think they would appreciate it based on how I see them talking. Not everyone wants any sort of free-ride help at all, and I want to respect that.

#3 I've been leading radio teams open to all levels. I also join lower level teams when I think they could use the help.

#4 I sometimes drop superpacks on lowbies, especially if they have decently written bios or costumes, and then answer the tells from them like "What is this thing? How do I use it? Where do the items from them go?  Where do I get more packs?"

17 hours ago, biostem said:

What things do you folks like to do with your 50s when you aren't suffering a bought of alt-itis?

I correct their spelling without mercy!  The word is 'bout'.  😛

Seriously, though.  I teamed with a newb the other day.  We did a DFB and they had a bunch of questions about enhancements and the vendors and I spent like 20 minutes answering their questions and then gave them 10 million inf when they mentioned how expensive SOs were.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

16 hours ago, FupDup said:

Before I log off I like to drop an Ouros portal so that somebody who doesn't have it unlocked on that alt yet can grab it. 

I used to do this, but now I just remind Heroes that they can visit Atlas Park City Hall / RV and get trusted with a secret themselves. Red side has it slightly harder for lower level characters.

The main thing that I do is that when I am playing solo, I try to keep a TAB open that has Help/General/LFG messages. Sometimes a low level character needs help with a mission (like against the Honoree 😉 )

• Like 1

Did a Posi II. One player admitted they had never done that one. I brought up only the last mission was anything to worry about. When we got to it, there was a lot of coaching going on. I later told them to turn off Ninja Run when fighting. I asked if they needed an influ. They said they were fine sine someone gave them 1 million already. I have over 100+ million on that character. Anyway, I told them to ask @Yomo Kimyatafor some influ. 😀

I just popped a number of level 25 common IOs on the market.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

if you are new, you've probably started to hear in your first few days about Figs.  One of, if not THE most famous heroes in paragon city.  he solos octopus and never kills zombies in the sewers before dealing with the bad lady on a bridge.

So, if you're new, there's a special code you can use at the 'base portal', where you might ACTUALLY MEET FIGS! (excelsior server).

! use this secret code: ISLAND-8714

Edited by honoroit
  • Confused 1