Power Transfer heal proc in Lightning Field

carroto

The Power Transfer %Heal piece should work just fine in a toggle. I don't think this one relies on having any enemies to hit; that is... I feel like it should do its thing "on cast".

This piece did/does have a few things odd about it. It may be possible to test by standing in some lava/fire and monitor Healing Received.

I often make the "mistake" of slotting this piece into a long recharge power (as a mule) forgetting that it isn't a global. If it was going to require its own slot (in a power that wouldn't otherwise be active or part of a set bonus) I'll put the slot in Stamina.

3 hours ago, tidge said:

I'll put the slot in Stamina.

Well it's not unique, so it's possible to use more than one.  I almost always have one in Stamina, but it's possible to slot them in other things like say Superior Conditioning and Physical Perfection from the Body Mastery pool (not for Tanks though, they only get Physical Perfection).  Then sets like Rad armor and Bio have another power in them that can take one, so it's possible to have at least four in some builds.  You can get a lot of heal proccage going on.

So naturally I was looking for a place to put one in Elec armor and Lightning Field seems like the only auto/toggle the set has as a candidate.

Edited by carroto

10 minutes ago, carroto said:

Well it's not unique, so it's possible to use more than one.  I almost always have one in Stamina, but it's possible to slot them in other things like say Superior Conditioning and Physical Perfection from the Body Mastery pool (not for Tanks though, they only get Physical Perfection).  Then sets like Rad armor and Bio have another power in them that can take one, so it's possible to have at least four in some builds.  You can get a lot of heal proccage going on.

So naturally I was looking for a place to put one in Elec armor and Lightning Field seems like the only auto/toggle the set has as a candidate.

No disagreement from me... although more than two instances of it seems like overkill, at least to me. The large HP AT might be better suited looking at what is going on with their Regeneration numbers, even if it is just from slotting Health.

I *believe* that Power Transfer proc only works once per activation, i.e., you're not going to see it proc on ten opponents and get 50% of your health back.  I would love to be corrected if I'm wrong.

My experience with it is that 5% is a really small amount to actively notice.  This is more of a commentary on what and how we observe things, but since it is relatively small compared to, say, the 15% of the Sleep proc or even an active heal that gets you 50%+, it's more of a background/regeneration type of effect.

Who run Bartertown?

1 hour ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I *believe* that Power Transfer proc only works once per activation, i.e., you're not going to see it proc on ten opponents and get 50% of your health back.  I would love to be corrected if I'm wrong.

Alas, you are correct about this.  I was highly disappointed when I first slotted it into power sink.

What this team needs is more Defenders

3 hours ago, tidge said:

The large HP AT might be better suited looking at what is going on with their Regeneration numbers, even if it is just from slotting Health.

Well it's a % of the AT's base HPs, so it scales up for higher HP ATs.  So it will be sort of equivalent to regen except it doesn't increase with HP boosts. Also it's not an either/or proposition.  Once I've slotted the regen uniques and gotten any other low-hanging fruit in that area, I suspect that this proc is the best bang for my buck, and the more of them I can slot the more benefit I'll get.  I could be wrong.

My subjective experience from using this proc is that it's equivalent to a decent amount of regen over time.  Maybe that's a perception error on my part because 5% is a larger chunk of health to get back in one burst than the usual regen tick.  Plus it's accompanied by a big green floaty number.  It does seem like in combat my green bar will refill noticeably faster when using these procs than without.  I'm a fan but maybe it's mostly placebo.

I'd love to calculate the regen equivalent of one of these procs but I'm not sure I know the details of how the chances are calculated in auto powers or toggles well enough to be able to do it accurately.  Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a place to go like the wiki with details like that.

Edited by carroto

17 minutes ago, carroto said:

I'd love to calculate the regen equivalent of one of these procs but I'm not sure I know the details of how the chances are calculated in auto powers or toggles well enough to be able to do it accurately.  Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a place to go like the wiki with details like that.

There was a spreadsheet showing the relative differences in expected performance for the Panacea %+HP and the Power Transfer %+HP (after the "fix"); it isn't that hard to figure out how much HP will be healed via Regeneration (and at what 'tick' rate). My search-fu isn't turning it up maybe @Bopper recalls the keywords/author?

1 hour ago, tidge said:

There was a spreadsheet showing the relative differences in expected performance for the Panacea %+HP and the Power Transfer %+HP (after the "fix"); it isn't that hard to figure out how much HP will be healed via Regeneration (and at what 'tick' rate). My search-fu isn't turning it up maybe @Bopper recalls the keywords/author?

Not sure of the keywords, but the author I know.

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/19022-hpregen-proc-cheat-sheet/

Edit: also in my signature block there is a link to Bopper Tools. It contains a spreadsheet that does the calculations of the regen/hp equivalence shown in that link.

Edited by Bopper
  • Like 2

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

48 minutes ago, Bopper said:

Not sure of the keywords, but the author I know.

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/19022-hpregen-proc-cheat-sheet/

Edit: also in my signature block there is a link to Bopper Tools. It contains a spreadsheet that does the calculations of the regen/hp equivalence shown in that link.

Is that with the Proc changes to Power Transfer?

I have 3 power transfers and 1 pancea all in auto powers on my em/ea/body stalker.

Reviewing video, most often 2 fire, but 3 is common and 4 is not rare.

On that build it covers most of the chip damage that gets through leaving the heal power for when a bigger hit lands.

1 hour ago, BrandX said:

Is that with the Proc changes to Power Transfer?

It is only calculating for one proc. As for having multiple procs, just multiply. 3 procs = 3x the effective regeneration.

I hadn't updated the upfront info, so it likely is still referring to an old mechanization/bug.

Edited by Bopper

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

5 hours ago, tidge said:

a spreadsheet showing the relative differences in expected performance for the Panacea %+HP and the Power Transfer %+HP

That's helpful for auto powers but not so much for toggles.  Maybe it's safe to expect it to work the same there.  If so then I'd be better off dropping the Regenerative Tissue unique from Health and moving that slot to Lightning Field for a proc there.  More effective HP over time.  Not only that but it won't be hit by -regen debuffs, which are not all that uncommon.

2 hours ago, Bopper said:

It is only calculating for one proc. As for having multiple procs, just multiply. 3 procs = 3x the effective regeneration.

I hadn't updated the upfront info, so it likely is still referring to an old mechanization/bug.

I just wondered as it mentioned less chance to proc when in passive abilities, but I could swear they fixed that.