Super Reflexes Tank

cronus

1 minute ago, smnolimits43 said:

That sounds like Rogue from x-men, which kinda sounds like Kinetics to me.

No, Rogue steals super powers and memories, but not necessarily all their fighting skills and techniques, and not permanently unless she basically puts them in a coma or kills them.  Plus, she needs bare skin-to-skin contact.  From my understanding, Task Master can basically observe someone fighting and then utilize their style.  He has a copy of Captain America's shield and use it almost as effectively, for instance...

59 minutes ago, biostem said:

I thought his schtick was copying other supers' moves/techniques/fighting styles...

Technically it's "Photographic reflexes" so he can mimic any move, whoever might pull them off, but he's been through a few different iterations and has evolved somewhat but it seems he can do anything that whoever he's up against can do.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

16 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

They did her great for that series and it worked great. She had a great role and was central to the plots of several seasons.

I will have to revisit it, I guess. 

She just seemed too out of control for me, but another looksie is always worth it 🙂 

/e poofgone

5 hours ago, JasperStone said:

She just seemed too out of control for me, but another looksie is always worth it 🙂 

Isn't that what the comicbook character was? Ok this is a different version of her, packing a lot of fear and an horrendous childhood into the mix - giving her some real depth. She wasn't simply psycho, she was pretty broken.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

Are any of the in-game signature characters /SR tanks? (Curious)

Only SR tank I ever ran much of was from the slot machine random powerset challenge. Katana/SR. It was fun but…weird…

Edited by cranebump

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

10 hours ago, JasperStone said:

Well…part of her character was impulsive and reckless.  Sehr chaotisch!

2 hours ago, cranebump said:

Are any of the in-game signature characters /SR tanks? (Curious)

Most of them were created several years before SR was proliferated over to tanks (Issue 21, the "Freedom"/FTP rebranding), so probably not. Maybe one of the characters created for the failed Korean launch?

• Thumbs Up 1

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

On 10/4/2023 at 11:42 AM, SeraphimKensai said:

Any speedster. I mean Wally West perceives Attoseconds so a punch to him is like taking a whole year for it to reach it's destination.

More like a billion+ of years of relative time (assuming the punch took a fraction of a second).

Approximently as many attoseconds pass in one second as seconds have passed since the big bang.

Even for comics I've always had a hard time buying that one...

Edited by MirrorDarkly

As @Andreah pointed out, the idea of an MMO Tanker doesn't really fit into the comic book genre because it involves gathering all aggro up and then surviving it while the rest of the team (ideally) is ignored by the bad guys. 

It would look ridiculous in a comic book, movie, or TV show.  Super team battles are all over the place with everybody attacking AND being attacked.  Nobody is "tanking".  

Any character you would call a "tank" (or brute) in the comics would be someone, as the name suggests, who either absorbs or deflects damage.  Not someone who dodges it.  And that was really in line with the original powersets given to Tankers in this game.

• Thumbs Up 1