Focused Feedback: Rikti War Zone Revamp

• Developer
6 hours ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

The training dummies lights and con levels do not match.  The lights are W, Y, O, R, P.  The dummies con Y, O, R, P, P.

They're tuned for level 50 + Alpha Shift as that's the state that max level character's spend the majority of their tenure and how they would be running tests.

• Like 1

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

5 hours ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

They're tuned for level 50 + Alpha Shift as that's the state that max level character's spend the majority of their tenure and how they would be running tests.

When I apply a level shift, they do con correctly.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

Did testing on the pylons on the side of the RWZ building for my DB/FIRE Scrapper.  Respawned quick.

Yes, others can jump in (didn't happen to me) to, of course, ruin your testing, but there are three of them close together.

May be an issue for MMs with how close they are?  Or anyone with pets?

• 2 weeks later

A thought occured after seeing the screenshots on Reddit.  Are the renovated Vanguard compounds going to be applied to mission map variants as well?  I know at least three missions in RWZ that take place in the compound itself, along with the one in Dark Astoria.  There's also a bunch of outdoor missions in RWZ, will the Architect building also be visible or gone from those too?

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

• Developer
46 minutes ago, ZorkNemesis said:

A thought occured after seeing the screenshots on Reddit.  Are the renovated Vanguard compounds going to be applied to mission map variants as well?  I know at least three missions in RWZ that take place in the compound itself, along with the one in Dark Astoria.  There's also a bunch of outdoor missions in RWZ, will the Architect building also be visible or gone from those too?

Probably not, instanced zone maps are taken as copies from the original zone at the time of their creation, all zone functions stripped out, and then modified into mission maps.

Adding the new sections to the instanced maps would essentially mean redoing them entirely from scratch.
It's too much effort for what would change almost nothing for the missions on those maps.

As for outdoor maps...
The AE building shouldn't exist in those old outdoor maps because Rikti War Zone content was from Issue 10 and the Architect system wasn't added until Issue 14.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Red side, best side!

Finally had a chance to run around the Vanguard base, and I've got some performance reports for how the level runs on lower-end hardware: on my Ryzen 2200g at 1080p windowless bordered with maxed out settings (& 200% char/world detail), there's a bit of noticeable performance hit as the level initially loads in around the Infirmary/Lady Grey area after teleporting in from Atlas Park (roughly consistent to framerate tanks on a heavily-decorated SG base) but it's manageable and after the initial bump the game runs smoothly. Similar results while having cel-shaded mode on. Not sure how having big leagues running around for MSR could affect performance, but it's difficult to test that on the beta server.

Overall, the redesign is awesome, and I really hope we can see other areas get similar treatment later down the line!

• Developer
10 minutes ago, strix_ said:

Finally had a chance to run around the Vanguard base, and I've got some performance reports for how the level runs on lower-end hardware: on my Ryzen 2200g at 1080p windowless bordered with maxed out settings (& 200% char/world detail), there's a bit of noticeable performance hit as the level initially loads in around the Infirmary/Lady Grey area after teleporting in from Atlas Park (roughly consistent to framerate tanks on a heavily-decorated SG base) but it's manageable and after the initial bump the game runs smoothly. Similar results while having cel-shaded mode on. Not sure how having big leagues running around for MSR could affect performance, but it's difficult to test that on the beta server.

Overall, the redesign is awesome, and I really hope we can see other areas get similar treatment later down the line!

The new Vanguard compound was setup using vistrays so that if you're not currently inside of it, it doesn't render, so players doing Mothership Raids should not notice any performance impact.

However, as always, if anyone notices anything suspect, do let us know!

• Thumbs Up 1

Red side, best side!

On 1/27/2024 at 7:00 PM, MidnighterClubPatron said:

Overall I love the changes. Especially the exits where you don't have to go through the green portal. Also those doors that go between the portal corp portals are super nice! (would be nice to have in the standard portal corp building in PI, lol)

But some suggestions!:

• Would it be possible to prevent the noises from the exterior from being heard inside the AE area? As it stands the helicopter, howitzer shots, and Rikti portals can be heard through the presumably several feet thick of concrete. coordinates for ease: [-64.3 -73.0 -2359.5]
  • The noise from the portal corp portals is also bleeding in the main area with Lady Grey. Making an already kind of noisy area even more so. loc: [272.3 -69.0 -2335.0]
  • In other AE areas there's a power suppression room. It would be nice to have in the vanguard one, if only for consistency. Obviously not super necessary.

This is what I came here to mention, while exploring passageways, it was off-putting to hear the bases exterior defenses and Rikti portals blaring overhead.

I'm thinking that the base as a whole needs to be sunk down further into the RWZ zone space.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

15 minutes ago, Oubliette_Red said:

I'm thinking that the base as a whole needs to be sunk down further into the RWZ zone space.

I agree the noise is a problem, but overalI I'm not sure about sinking the base deeper...  Right now it's just shallow enough that a super jumper can use the vertical shafts w/o using Double Jump.  Any deeper and only flyers and 'porters will be able to travel unassisted up to the surface.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

2 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

Any deeper and only flyers and 'porters will be able to travel unassisted up to the surface.

I'm definitely going to have some "hold my beer" moments in there.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Am i trippin or was this vanguard thing already on paragon chat from SCORE just with a couple extra things  added for this one 🤔

Not that it's a problem if it is, it was mentioned cryptic/score server joining into homecoming already, just curious if im mistaken here

Edited by Super Atom